Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2002 8:53:30 PM EDT
on wildest police videos in a few minutes.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:23:11 PM EDT
[#1]
just flipped on Fox a minute ago, showing stargate, no sign of wild police videos on TV Guide channel.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:26:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmm, must be the local affiliate.

Well, it turned out to be a load of shit anyways. Bunnel narrating with a bunch of BS about how nuts Koresh was and how the "innocent" ATF Agents were gunned down. And, how they lost so many good agents.

He ends by saying the lessons of Waco will be borne in the minds of ATF for years to come. What lessons ? That you can burn up 80 something women and children and get away with it ?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:49:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Bunnel. He seems so smug that the answer for the rest of us is to throw away the key on some guy selling a joint or offering a blowjob. I don't see any satisfaction in that. It may be the answer for Korporate Amerika, but for the rest of us we have to get these people back into society and heal their lives. Korporate Amerika is a continual skimming of the top. It requires that your fanny be perpindicular. Credit report and referances to get a job is a new one, just experienced with Honda.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Waco imho is one of the most terrible things our government has ever done. My favorite video clip from the whole thing is of the agent shooting himself in the leg, while on the ladder, with his glock. I could not believe it untill I had reviewed it several times. Did they show the atf screw ups? or just the pc stuff?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:03:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Pat, do you have any referance for that? What is the film?
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
No I dont off hand but I will find it again. During the raid a team is going up a ladder on the house, the first guy makes it to the roof but the second guy stumbles. If you get a good slow motion video and watch carefully you can see him shoot himself just above the knee as he draws his glock. The rest of the team goes into a window  on a split level from the roof,leaving the dumb ass on the roof. There is gunfire coming from the area that the team has entered. You can see, in the video, bullet holes forming in the wall next to the wounded agent. He drags himself to the window the team has entered and throws in an explosive device. I don't think he remembers the rest of his team is in the room. After this all the gunfire stops exiting the room.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok here is a discription of the incedent...[url]shadeslanding.com/firearms/waco.massacre.html#1.14[/url]. look under allegations of friendly fire...pat
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thats too big Pat. It would take all night to read that. Narrow it down, or explain why you brought it into this topic. I did try.
Link Posted: 3/2/2002 11:58:58 PM EDT
[#9]
I know that I am about to stir up quite the hornet's nest on this one, but I think that David should have given up.  He should not have made the choice to involve the innocent children in what ever allegedly illegal activities he was involved in.  The ATF agents were nothing more than a bunch of cowboys who got themselves in over their heads and acted rather than thinking.  I feel sorry for them and blame the commanders for their deaths.  

Can anyone tell me exactly what laws Koresh was violating?  I understand that he had several illegal firearms, but I may be wrong.  If this happend in Kalifornia over some pre-ban AKs I might have more sympathy for the way he held out, but this was Texas and there aren't too many guns here that are illegal.  Get the right license and Class III is fine to.  I feel sorry for the kids that died in the fire and he should have let them leave.  This fight was between him, whoever inside the compound was aiding him, and the law.  You commit a crime and kill some LEO's no matter how inept they were, then hole yourself up for a standoff, hey you deserve to burn.  But like I said, please correct me on what laws were broken by David Koresh.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:19:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Chida66,

Apparently he was stockpiling weapons, the ATF "thought" he had illegal fullauto weapons.  What ever there reasons were the ATFs action were fully over blown and way to agreesive.  They could have easily taken custody of him when he left the compond.  But they wanted to make a statement, which they did......If you own guns you are a criminal and should be burned alive.

Now of course the ATF will say a different story, like he was raping children and Koresh started the fire.  Who really knows.  But anytime you bring in tanks and lauch gernades into a wooden structure things rarely turn out good.

Fact is this: the ATF is a bunch of thugs that dont really care about lowering crime they just want to put on shows of force to justify their jobs.

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 5:42:40 AM EDT
[#11]
The sad part is, They should have learned from the Ruby Ridge "Incident" a few months prior...

Anyone catch the show on TLC about Ruby Ridge, I only caught the tail end of it, but it looked like it was worth watching.

-Jared
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top