Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2005 8:14:54 AM EDT
Is it just me or does bad things only happen during the day to make Fox News ALERTS?

Reminds me of the old Buggs Bunny cartoon with the wolf and sheep dog punching in/out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#1]
The Fox News "ALERT" has been so overused/abused that it has become meaningless.  When they first started out, if you heard that music youknew to look up and pay attention - something of note had happened. These days they use it for any lame story update.

Now you hear the music, look up, and hear Rita Cosby bleat out: "We have a FOX NEWS ALERT! This just in...  Michael Jackson showed up at court today in PJs and bunny slippers!  We go live to Geraldo Rivera with more details..."  
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:28:49 AM EDT
[#2]
True.

But nothing happens at nite? or do the bad guys and accidents only work bankers hours?
There have been atleast 10-15 different news ALERTS in the last hour it has been on in the background. I watch it sometimes at nite and rarely ever see them .
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:36:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Those ridiculous "alerts" were a contributing factor in me not watching anymore.
The sensationalization of useful information is just a bit more than I can to stomach.

If anything important happens, I usually hear about it on ARFCOM first anyway.
GD is better than any news channel I know of
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Still better than CNN
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:02:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Still better than CNN

Amen.

When I watch news on TV it is Fox - but the hype does get annoying...
Link Posted: 3/15/2005 9:11:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Not only do they use it for the lamest non-emergency crap, but their producers just drop in on the hosts, crashing whatever the fuck they were doing and usually leaving them fumbling to adjust / apologize.
Piss on FoxNews "Alerts" - They shouldn 't be happening unless a stack of people are about to die.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top