Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/27/2002 4:05:09 PM EST
I have a Form-6 question or two.... (specifically Mag imports) Is there $$$ involved in submitting one? Do you have to be a licensed importer to get one approved? If an individual can get them approved, is there a limit to the quantity you can claim for "Personal Use"? Thanks, AB
Link Posted: 1/27/2002 7:08:37 PM EST
Licensees can import items worth $100 as repair parts, etc. Anything over $100 requires an importer FFL (forget the type number right now). Unlicensed persons can't import on Form 6 to my knowledge. Good luck getting foreign pre-ban large capacity mags approved - I don't think it's likely to happen. There's a whole raft of documentation which you must provide to ATF to prove the mags were made before 9/13/94, and even with that documentation they must just choose to ignore it and return it to you with no action taken.
Top Top