Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 10/9/2017 7:59:39 PM EDT
Watching Wayne LaPierre on Face the Nation from Sunday and he claims the NRA does and has always supported the current laws on the books regarding machine guns....

Why?  And when?  

Did they support a ban on machine guns prior to 1986?

Did too many of it's members/Board of Directors collections of machine guns skyrocket in value because of the Hughes Amendment?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:02:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Because they are not really on our side
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:04:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:04:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote
FUDs don't shoot full auto.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:07:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Because they play chess and have been stunningly successful at it.

I do not know a single liberal who does not hate the NRA.  Do you?

That's a testament to how successful that the NRA has been.

By contrast, you guys play Chutes and Ladders with a 5 year old and lose.

Arfcom espouses a retarded foot-stamping strategy where we are supposed to just keep squealing "muh rights" to centrist voters who don't give a flying fuck.

And you talk about how you won't join because of junk mail.

And you complain how 55 million gun owners can't count on 4 million NRA members to win them victory in a liberal bastion like CA and NJ and NY and MA.

Any discussion of the NRA on arfcom has been a joke since before I joined.

Now you got a new topic to tard over.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:09:13 PM EDT
[#5]
they also realize that even before the LV shooting, there was Zero support or motivation in congress for repealing the entirety of the NFA.
could there be someday?  maybe, but not with the current crop of spineless GOP and the marxist democrats.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Arfcom espouses a retarded foot-stamping strategy where we are supposed to just keep squealing "muh rights" to centrist voters who don't give a flying fuck.
View Quote
Systematically losing rights over decades while continually pushing the "sporting purpose" fallacy is being successful?

The NRA is helpful when they jump in on the last minute for fights they think they can win, and want to be part of it.  They're horrible at pushing for the restoration of rights lost.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:11:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Fire LaPierre.  

I agree, why don't they support it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
they also realize that even before the LV shooting, there was Zero support or motivation in congress for repealing the entirety of the NFA.
could there be someday?  maybe, but not with the current crop of spineless GOP and the marxist democrats.
View Quote
If we never fight for it, we will never get there.  The reason there is "zero support" in congress is because we've all give up, including the NRA, because we're too lazy (collectively) to do it.  Everyone is always afraid we will lose more if we push back.  It's sad.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Watching Wayne LaPierre on Face the Nation from Sunday and he claims the NRA does and has always supported the current laws on the books regarding machine guns....

Why?  And when?  

Did they support a ban on machine guns prior to 1986?

Did too many of it's members/Board of Directors collections of machine guns skyrocket in value because of the Hughes Amendment?
View Quote

Over 80 years ago the NRA made a bargain:  semi-autos are a different class of firearms than machine guns.

They did this to restrict full autos and protect semi-autos.   This started at the state level.    The NRA's testimony was influential in getting the definition of a machine gun changed in the NFA '34.    The original definition included semi-automatic firearms.

The NRA has held that line going forward.     Officially, the NRA did not support 18 USC 922 (o) but they did support FOPA '86.   Remember, Republicans had been trying to pass FOPA for years and Democrats, who had solid control over the HoR that entire time (for 40 consecutive years), had successfully killed the legislation before.

NRA made another bargain:  accept the FOPA '86 with the ban and challenge the ban in court.   They did just that.  Farmer v Higgins was defeated and the machine gun ban stands to this day.

NRA is now married to the notion that there is a different between semi and full auto rifles.   Of course that difference is the statute the NRA proposed to Congress 83 years ago and could theoretically be changed/expanded but I digress.

Now you know.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:13:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
centrist voters decide all political questions in the USA

and they don't give a fuck

the gun grabbers tell them they'll be more safe if they ban guns

the NRA tells them they'll be safer if they have guns to defend themselves

that's the whole political battle in a nutshell

everything else, all the nuanced bullshit about NFA regulations mean NOTHING to those people
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:16:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote
Chutes and Ladders is a game of luck. The age of the opponent is completely irrelevant.

But your analogy to chess is spot on. And much like most games of chess, by the end of the game we'll be missing lots of pieces if we keep letting the NRA run the board.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:16:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
FUDs don't shoot full auto.
View Quote
+1. Should be called the NFA (National Fudd Association).

NFA supporting the NFA
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:17:55 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Systematically losing rights over decades while continually pushing the "sporting purpose" fallacy is being successful?

The NRA is helpful when they jump in on the last minute for fights they think they can win, and want to be part of it.  They're horrible at pushing for the restoration of rights lost.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

what a joke

you NRA bashers are the stone headed people on the face of the earth

you have this fake narrative and you'll stick to it until the day you die

I have never once seen the NRA push a "sporting purposes" agenda.  They literally say the opposite 100% of the time

the "sporting purposes" thing is the liberal talking point

But don't let that keep you from writing it from now until doomsday.

one time on arfcom one of you NRA bashers said that the "NRA are pony tail wearing California hippies."

be like that guy, use some imagination
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:19:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

And you complain how 55 million gun owners can't count on 4 million NRA members to win them victory in a liberal bastion like CA and NJ and NY and MA.

View Quote
Since you clearly have such a low opinion of ARFCOM as a whole, why don't you show your negative ass to the door?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm a Patron, a life member of NYSRPA, and have done consulting work for both for free.

MUH MOTHER FUCKIN RIGHTS!

Why don't you tell me about what you've done before you lecture me about drawing a hard line.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

+1. Should be called the NFA (National Fudd Association).

NFA supporting the NFA
View Quote
Muh elks rifles.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Chutes and Ladders is a game of luck. The age of the opponent is completely irrelevant.

But your analogy to chess is spot on. And much like most games of chess, by the end of the game we'll be missing lots of pieces if we keep letting the NRA run the board.
View Quote
If the NRA was run by arfcom, they would be destroyed in 6 months

the NRA can PUSH politicians who are in a tight election,

BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE A POSITION THAT NO POLITICIAN AT ALL WILL SUPPORT.

When the politicians run from the NRA, the NRA is finished.

According to the royal dumbasses of arfcom, if the NRA doesn't push to get rid of the NFA, then the NRA are traitors.

push who?  what politician is going to take up the battle cry for more machine guns 'on the streets"?

this is not a baby game for foot stamping dunces
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:26:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

If we never fight for it, we will never get there.  The reason there is "zero support" in congress is because we've all give up, including the NRA, because we're too lazy (collectively) to do it.  Everyone is always afraid we will lose more if we push back.  It's sad.
View Quote
More likely we give up BECAUSE of the NRA.

We sit on our asses and assume the best deal is being negotiated by fudds, when in reality they are not even trying. Now they freely admit that civilians should not have machine guns.
If we win back machine guns it will be with the NRA fighting against it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:27:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thats not a measure of ANYTHING. Liberals are fucking stupid, they don't care about results. They operate on feelings and the NRA is a straw man /boogyman that they hate because they are told to hate them by the DNC. That is the only reason, nothing more nothing less.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Since you clearly have such a low opinion of ARFCOM as a whole, why don't you show your negative ass to the door?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a low opinion of people who want to burn down the NRA because they're retarded

why don't you just write some dizzy horseshit about how the NRA only supports hunting rifles or some other fucked up crap you read in one of these fucked up threads?

make it into a real show of tard
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Edited ~ medicmandan
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:29:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Troll.  Please take your scab-picking act back to DU.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Why shouldn't they support it?  It is the law and has been since 1934, they already know how to gauge their members and audience, you only have to spend a few minutes reading through Arfcom to see how divided the gun community actually is..

Over the last week how many comments have you seen posted....It is a gimmick, it is a toy, it is a wanabe, it is a cheap piece of plastic, it is this, it is that.. I will never buy one, don't want it, don't need and those who buy it are fooling themselves.

After Sunday October 1st, all of those who said we don't need it, don't want it and I will never buy it were rendered moot, somebody took a "toy" and gunned down several hundreds of people..

The pro gun people are split and eating their own, why in the hell do you think the NRA would support a split group of people?

The gun community has become the ultimate definition of   Right and Left..

That makes me sad...
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:29:25 PM EDT
[#25]
The NRA needs the boogeyman gun grabbers or they make no money and cease to exist. They stirred this pot for a reason.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:29:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote
Absolutely-fucking correct!
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:30:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Because alot of the members are what we, colloquially call fudds, the "I don't want one of THOSE, so go ahead and ban it" types.

Actually there are alot of assholes that have "INVESTED" in NFA items that also support the NFA.  If the NFA were to go away tomorrow, everyone that HAD a $20k machine gun would suddenly have a $600 machine gun...  

Personally I think the second group is worse.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'm a Patron, a life member of NYSRPA, and have done consulting work for both for free.

MUH MOTHER FUCKIN RIGHTS!

Why don't you tell me about what you've done before you lecture me about drawing a hard line.
View Quote
my qualification for pointing out that the NRA bashers are a bunch of liars and dunces is the fact that I'm not a dunce

I prefer to understand something than to just have an opinion, a loud self-righteous, self-flattering opinion about nothing, based on bad logic and dumb lies I read on some forum

these NRA bashing threads have been on arfcom forever, and they never made a scrap of sense

it's just masturbation

there was a period in the past where guys were saying that they turned in their NRA membership

that was hilarious

all the tards though it was neato and then there was like 100 fucking tards saying they resigned from the NRA over junk mail

what a fucking joke
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:31:37 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
Tell us about how the NRA got open carry passed in TX.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:31:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Over 80 years ago the NRA made a bargain:  semi-autos are a different class of firearms than machine guns.

They did this to restrict full autos and protect semi-autos.   This started at the state level.    The NRA's testimony was influential in getting the definition of a machine gun changed in the NFA '34.    The original definition included semi-automatic firearms.

The NRA has held that line going forward.     Officially, the NRA did not support 18 USC 922 (o) but they did support FOPA '86.   Remember, Republicans had been trying to pass FOPA for years and Democrats, who had solid control over the HoR that entire time (for 40 consecutive years), had successfully killed the legislation before.

NRA made another bargain:  accept the FOPA '86 with the ban and challenge the ban in court.   They did just that.  Farmer v Higgins was defeated and the machine gun ban stands to this day.

NRA is now married to the notion that there is a different between semi and full auto rifles.   Of course that difference is the statute the NRA proposed to Congress 83 years ago and could theoretically be changed/expanded but I digress.

Now you know.
View Quote
Im not following you. Are you saying that the NRA should have refrained from getting a change of the  MG definition in '34 ? That this has been a mistake, and they should have just said "FU not another inch" in 1934?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:32:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

my qualification for pointing out that the NRA bashers are a bunch of liars and dunces is the fact that I'm not a dunce

I prefer to understand something than to just have an opinion, a loud self-righteous, self-flattering opinion about nothing, based on bad logic and dumb lies I read on some forum
View Quote
So you support the NFA and the Hughes Amendment?  Got it.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or Florida.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:33:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I'm not a dunce
View Quote
Ah, there's the problem. You started with a faulty premise.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:36:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Or Florida.
View Quote
TX had some other folks step up to the plate and actually get pro shit passed.  Dumb ass FL Man is depending on a well paid old lady lady NRA fudd.  We get shit.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:36:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:37:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
well you answered it.  most of the people here didn't even bother to vote for several of ARFcoms members in the last BOD election.
they bitch and complain an awful lot.  but don't really do anything.
and that NRA pushback - it costs money.   does anyone think those whores in congress cast a vote for free????  

and until the general public ejects the incumbents from congress, forget it.   those self serving asshoies can't or more accurately WON'T vote to do things they promised us the (40%) voting public they would do.   where's the Ocare repeal?  where's the tax reform?  where's the IRS investigation and prosecution?  where's the prosecutions of F+F?  How about Benghazi?  or the Clinton foundation?
but they sure do make time to hold hearing on idiotic golden showers fiction.
what have all you done to kick out and primary you local US representative and senator?   still voted for him?   yeah, he's a good guy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Anybody that thinks NFA I’d good law doesn’t understand the reason or the significance of the 2nd Amendment 
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:38:25 PM EDT
[#38]
That barrel looks mighty short sir. NFA?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Because alot of the members are what we, colloquially call fudds, the "I don't want one of THOSE, so go ahead and ban it" types.

Actually there are alot of assholes that have "INVESTED" in NFA items that also support the NFA.  If the NFA were to go away tomorrow, everyone that HAD a $20k machine gun would suddenly have a $600 machine gun...  

Personally I think the second group is worse.
View Quote
never met a single NRA member who said "I don't want one of THOSE, so go ahead and ban it"

not once in 25 years

you liar

Also,

you say that MG investors are keeping the NFA in place

there are 55 million gun owners in the USA

and only maybe 100,000 MG owners

how do 100k MG owners keep 55 million gun owners from voting themselves the right to own a brand new machine gun?

do the MG owners get 550 votes each on election day?

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

keep tarding, baby, you kick ass at it
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:40:26 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Anybody that thinks NFA I’d good law doesn’t understand the reason or the significance of the 2nd Amendment 
View Quote
ITs not good law, but it is law, and it aint going nowhere.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:40:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

If the NRA was run by arfcom, they would be destroyed in 6 months

the NRA can PUSH politicians who are in a tight election,

BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE A POSITION THAT NO POLITICIAN AT ALL WILL SUPPORT.

When the politicians run from the NRA, the NRA is finished.

According to the royal dumbasses of arfcom, if the NRA doesn't push to get rid of the NFA, then the NRA are traitors.

push who?  what politician is going to take up the battle cry for more machine guns 'on the streets"?

this is not a baby game for foot stamping dunces
View Quote
I think we found Wayne LaPierre's Arfcom account.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:40:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
20 years ago there was zero support or motivation to make gay marriage happen.

didnt stop the libs from forcing it down our throat

basically all these weak ass people are saying they are more pussy than gay marriage activists
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:42:30 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So you write a retarded straw man argument because you can't come up with an actual valid argument out of stupidity?  Got it.

This is not my first NRA bashing thread on arfcom.  I already know what kind of window licking is going to occur here.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:42:38 PM EDT
[#44]
In before that one guy.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I think we found Wayne LaPierre's Arfcom account.
View Quote
Watching him sperg out is actually causing me to laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:44:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Probably because they helped draft it.  Karl Frederick did not give a fuck about you owning machine guns.   Or being able to carry a gun for self defense, for that matter.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:45:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

So you write a retarded straw man argument because you can't come up with an actual valid argument out of stupidity?  Got it.

This is not my first NRA bashing thread on arfcom.  I already know what kind of window licking is going to occur here.
View Quote
You either fight for what's right, or you don't.  People always say "and that's the hill you want to die on?"  I'd rather pick a position and support it than watch my freedoms slowly eroded over time while I sit on defense.  All it takes is the next mass shooting for one more piece to be taken away.

It's time to get aggressive and push back.  Otherwise, we can keep sitting back, "playing it smart", and losing.  You'll never win if you stay on defense.
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Im not following you. Are you saying that the NRA should have refrained from getting a change of the  MG definition in '34 ? That this has been a mistake, and they should have just said "FU not another inch" in 1934?
View Quote
It's complicated.

The NRA was pushing machine gun restrictions (among others) at the state level.  Somewhere along the line the NRA of that time decided machine guns were not something they wanted to entertain and they needed to be restricted.    Now that was the NRA of the early 20th century (within the context of prohibition; a different 2A atmosphere, machine guns were relatively new novelties and expensive, etc...).

To their credit they argued before Congress that the NFA '34 was unnecessary.

From a pragmatic stance, in the short term, what they did with the NFA '34 was a good thing and arguably saved the 2A as we know it. 

The idea the NRA would have argued "Not one more inch" in 1934 isn't even worth discussing because they were actively pushing for gun restrictions (at the state level) and that NRA is different than the NRA of today.

Now I would argue that position is hurting us now because, really, when you get down the brass tacks, there isn't much, if any, mechanical difference between a machine gun and a semi auto.   One can be made to function as the other and vice versa.    That argument has already been used in court (Kolbe) and the court agreed with it.     

It's an easy sell to tell people "Hey, wait a minute!  Those are machine guns and this is a semi-auto; the SAME as your duck hunting gun!  It just looks scary but its different!"   That's an easy sell to people who are barely paying attention and don't know anything about guns.   

Or at least that was an easy sell until you start seeing people use semi-autos like machine guns (Vegas) or they use them to accumulate large body counts (Sandy Hook).   

Now the gun grabbers have figured out "Yeah, it's not really a machine gun (legally) but it either functions the same way or worse because it allows you top be more accurate."     That's an argument that is already being used against us.   
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:49:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe that the NRA actually killed open carry here in Florida after a back door deal was made at the 11th hour between $300,000/yr NRA lobbyist Marion Hammer and the chamber of commerce at which time the open carry bill was transformed into a worthless "brief exposure" law instead.

Allegedly A rated pro gun republican super majorities in both houses of the legislature,  and a pro gun republican governor as well and the NRA caved on our behalf.

Sound familiar?
Link Posted: 10/9/2017 8:52:33 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Probably because they helped draft it.  Karl Frederick did not give a fuck about you owning machine guns.   Or being able to carry a gun for self defense, for that matter.
View Quote
I wish everyone would read that Congressional testimony.   To say nothing else, it is truly eye opening.     
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top