Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/4/2006 3:27:52 PM EDT
On Discovery channel.

It's a documentary about the biggest retard to ever walk the earth.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:35:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Is he the guy that wanted to show how peaceful and wonderful the misunderstood bears were...end then ended up being lunch for one of them?  From the previews it was pretty impressive footage.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:36:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Is it worth my time?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:36:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks I missed it last night. I will tivo it now. Cheers.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:38:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is it worth my time?

Yeah.  It's a "documentary" but it should be filed under the comedy section.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:56:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I caught a part of the last part last nite...anyway, could they have any more commercials in one show? Damn, I sorta wanted to watch but every couple of minutes, boom a commercial.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't listen to the moonbat and his whiny voice for more than 10 seconds.

I'm surprised the bear didn't eat him a HELL of a lot sooner.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
That guy is flaming fag! I think he wants the bears to do him!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I had to turn the channel to COPS...

Cant listen to anymore,

Oh I must protect the bears, I must become one with the bears, i want to be like a bear, I wan tto know what it is like being ate by a bear...

I really liked the He does not feel dead line...

nope going to watch hookers, druggies, drunks and other forms of entertainment on COPS.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:16:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Do they show him getting mauled? If not, why bother. The sad thing is they put down the bears that mauled/ate them, when they were doing nothing wrong in their nature.

That libtard is the perfect example of the greenies being mentally ill.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:22:26 PM EDT
[#10]
No thanks, Sands of Iowo Jima on TCM for me.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:24:55 PM EDT
[#11]
their is no video footage of him being toyed with but they do have audio.

Hehe the helicopter pilot who helped the clean up just called him a retarded and the bear might have thought he was tasty. hehehe
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:27:42 PM EDT
[#13]
Not only did he get eaten, but so did his liberal chick.  She beat the bear on the head with a frying pan instead of running.  No guns for these greenies.  Their friends are wacked too and somebody wrote them a letter saying there needs to be more bears at Berkley!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:32:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm watching it now.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:39:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Is it worth my time?

The guy is a total fruit,  but he filmed some amazing but stupid up close wildlife footage before one bear said "Get in my belly."

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
That guy is flaming fag! I think he wants the bears to do him!

Oh they did him!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#17]
His message to please stop killing all the foxes is making me want to go out and kill a fox.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:07:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Come on....you all just need to "feel the poop!" because "it was inside her!"

Darwin Candidate Numero Uno par Excellance Esquire! What a dumb motherfucker!

All his ravings about how he is the bears' only protector end with 2 of those bears and his little libtard girlfriend being killed.

It would be sad if it weren't so chock full of moonbat goodness!

"I love you Mr. Chocolate......I love you.....stay back....I love you.....you're too close.....NO...GET BACK.....AHHHHHHHH!"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:10:02 PM EDT
[#19]
I had to turn it damn that show sucked
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:38:51 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm watching it now...  Still haven't heard the audio...
Did they actually play it ?
The whacko chick "Jewel Palovik" was playing the audio for the narrator and he told her to "destroy the tape and never look at the autopsy photos"

Quote from Mr. Whacko...  "Oh the poor bumblebee died on the flower...   Oh how tragic..."

Now he's touching and worshiping bear poop.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:42:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Drugs and gay butt sex are bad mmmkkkayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:48:25 PM EDT
[#22]
I know it's mean but the wife and I got a good laugh watching him cry.  

BTW for the guy asking about the attack audio, they don't play it.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:50:17 PM EDT
[#23]
OK, I have 1 hr and 48 mins into this thing and if dont get to hear him being eaten I will be livid!!!!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 5:52:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
BTW for the guy asking about the attack audio, they don't play it.

That figures...
Time to turn it off then...  That's the only reason I was watching it...
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Didn't somebody have a link to the picture of his remains?

TIMMY!!

Actually, that's an insult to TIMMY....sorry.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#26]
The TV version must have been edited.  I found this description about the movie.

We are told that a camera recorded the audio of a man and a woman being mauled to death by a grizzly bear: the woman screams, and hits the bear with a pan repeatedly, while the man moans -- we see a man listening to the tape and he reacts with discomfort. A coroner describes the fatal injuries incurred by a man from a grizzly bear attack -- the bear apparently held the man by the head in its mouth -- and a coroner describes getting the remains of a man and a woman in plastic bags.

A man describes seeing a human rib cage and a grizzly bear eating from it. We hear that a man's dismembered head and arm were found, and we hear that people were found inside a dead bear
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:00:29 PM EDT
[#27]
I'll wait until it comes out in video..THEN I'll miss it!
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:46:17 PM EDT
[#28]
THIS SHIT IS FUCKING HILLARIOUS.

Everybody with a gun needs to send this guy a care package, stuffed with every imaginable animal part known to man.

Reading the rest of the thread, I know see that he's dead and hopefully bear poop(this is proof positive that there is a god and he has a sense of humor).

I came in right as he was trying to feel the steaming pile of bear poo.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:02:46 PM EDT
[#30]
I just hope and pray that there is some dumb ass out there who roams around the hills crying over the dead squirrels that have done their best impression of a fissionable atom being split after being hit by a 40grn Vmax.

Reminds me of another documentary about some fruitloop out in the Utah plains doing a study on some stupid prarrie dogs.    After a year of documenting them, giving them names, crying whenever one ran across the road and got run over, and likely smoking a shitload of dope...     The population was found to have a plague type disease and had to be exterminated.      I was laughing my ass off at that as well.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:03:01 PM EDT
[#31]
I wish I had an audio clip of him wigging out in the tent wishing for rain.  "Downey's hungry!  Melissa's eating her babies!"  

Nutty motherfucker.  But hey, he did his thing and went out the way he wanted.  At least he left the world with some cool footage and an entertaining tale-more of a positive contribution to society than he would have ever made otherwise.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:14:28 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Nutty motherfucker.  But hey, he did his thing and went out the way he wanted.  At least he left the world with some cool footage and an entertaining tale-more of a positive contribution to society than he would have ever made otherwise.

I agree...guy was a nut job,but you gotta admit he had some serious balls.

He got away with this for what....ten years or more?

Unreal.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:36:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Balls and Stupid are two completely different things, this dude was plain stupid.

I double dare you fuckers to do a documentary on saving the Nevada cows.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:38:39 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree...guy was a nut job,but you gotta admit he had some serious balls.

He got away with this for what....ten years or more?

Unreal.

Sorry... but getting away with lethal-level stupidy has nothing to do with balls and has everything to do with blind chance.

The only reason he didn't get ate the first week he was there is because salmon is much tastier than libtard. The one time he hangs around longer than the fish a bear grants him his greatest wish.

"Melissa's eating her babies!" has replaced "Maybe the Dingo ate your baby" around here.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I thought it was pretty ironic that David Letterman had him on the show...
Letterman commented that he hoped he wouldn't read about "Grizzly Man eaten by grizzly"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 9:58:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:19:16 PM EDT
[#37]
I rented this documentary a few weeks ago.  A Canadian is building a suit of armor in the hopes of encountering, and confronting, a grizzly.  He is intending on surviving the encounter, however.  It was pretty good, only bad part is that there's no bear attack....I would LOVE to see footage of a grizzly tossing this guy around and (hopefully) not able to get to the guy inside.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6305198152/103-5388312-2202234?v=glance
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:25:53 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
On Discovery channel.

It's a documentary about the biggest retard to ever walk the earth.

This is a pretty good summation.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:25:54 PM EDT
[#39]
My best friend was working for Disney Feature Animation here in Orlando on the movie "Brother Bear". They used this guy as a tech advisor.... the guy was a total freak and either wierded everone out of just flat out annoyed them.

We were quite surprised when we heard of his death and how it happened..... NOT
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:45:43 PM EDT
[#40]
No question the guy was crazy,but he stated several times he could get killed or eaten.

It's not like he believed these were creatures incapable of doing him harm,he was aware of the danger.

Doesn't mean I think he was some expert animal handler,but had some balls...big brassy ones I tell ya.

I also gotta say it was more than mere luck,I mean the guy was there for ten some odd years.

How many people get fileted on their first encounter?

Link Posted: 2/4/2006 10:55:06 PM EDT
[#41]
Go figure - I drop $4 and bring home this movie from Blockbuster.  

Wierd movie - wierd vibe.
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#42]
I think it was cool that the Foxes were so freindly.  How did that come about?  Would they normally come right up to you like that??

"Where a you going with my hat?  No...Fuck!!"  "Bring my hat back!"
Link Posted: 2/4/2006 11:33:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I think it was cool that the Foxes were so freindly.  How did that come about?  Would they normally come right up to you like that??

Yeah,I thought that part was pretty cool too.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

I also gotta say it was more than mere luck,I mean the guy was there for ten some odd years.

How many people get fileted on their first encounter?

Consider this... Tommy Treadwell, the "Gun Whisperer" has such a deep and abiding love of guns that he has come to understand them better than anyone else.  Whereas for most people handling a gun can be dangerous, it isn't for him. They are his friends. So, he ignores the 4 Rules of Gun Safety. By your reasoning he must be good because he hasn't killed himself or someone else... yet.

Timmy Treadwell, in his hubris, ignored the collective wisdom of hundreds (in not thousands) of serious bear researchers. He continually put himself in a position where his safety was completely outside his control. Whether he is killed during his first encounter or his one thousandth, his success or failure had nothing to do with skill on his part.  It had everything to do with luck. He continually bet everything on ‘black’. He was a walking dead man… he was sure to lose.  
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:08:14 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
i48.photobucket.com/albums/f229/Wraithtouch70/Yogi.gif

Hey BOO-BOO, damn that was funny.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:09:13 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Maybe he should have stuck with FOXs and stayed away from the bears, just a thought.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:21:28 AM EDT
[#47]
The guy died doing what he loved to do.He died for what he believed in,which is honorable IMO.Take away the fact he was a nutjob and sounded like a homo,but he had a mission and carried it through to the end.

I don't understand why people HERE of all places can't comprehend the fact dieing for something you believe in,not matter how retarded it may seem to others,is honorable.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:21:55 AM EDT
[#48]
There was some cool close ups of those grizzlies

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:25:08 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
The guy died doing what he loved to do.He died for what he believed in,which is honorable IMO.Take away the fact he was a nutjob and sounded like a homo,but he had a mission and carried it through to the end.

I don't understand why people HERE of all places can't comprehend the fact dieing for something you believe in,not matter how retarded it may seem to others,is honorable.

Simple, it is called COMMON SENSE, most of us have it, BUT there is a portion of the world that does not, he did not.

To go die in battle for ones country is one thing, to go out in the wild and mess around with a animal that is 10 times your wieght and strength, is well stupid. I can find no honor in what he did.

Link Posted: 2/5/2006 10:29:41 AM EDT
[#50]
I did find myself laughing at times, he got what he deserved as said in the documentary.  he showed little respect for wild animals, especially the ones that will eat you.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top