Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 12:17:16 PM EDT
HE gave me power to behave last night. My wife and I went to her friends house. Her friend is a liberal that does not like the POTUS and thinks the country is heading in the wrong direction. Her boyfriend is totally anti-american. Shes 19 hes 21. I had to fight italking about politics cuz I wanted to lay the smack down on him. My wife told me i had to be on my best behavor. What made it even harder was the fact that on the way their we passed a anti-war rally.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
HE gave me power to behave last night. My wife and I went to her friends house. Her friend is a liberal that does not like the POTUS and thinks the country is heading in the wrong direction. Her boyfriend is totally anti-american. Shes 19 hes 21. I had to fight italking about politics cuz I wanted to lay the smack down on him. My wife told me i had to be on my best behavor. What made it even harder was the fact that on the way their we passed a anti-war rally.

Wait til they get a real job and have to start paying real taxes.  They will become conservative overnight.   Right now they are just young idealists without a clue what it means to be part of a republic.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:20:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Sounds like the work of Goolgotha, the god of self-control-when-in-the-presence-of-incomprehensibly-stupid-teenage-girls.

Take her shooting and introduce her to Wodan and conservatism.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:21:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes it is extremely hard to control ones tongue.  Good job in showing the restraint.  There is a time and place for everything, and that was neither.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds like you are pussy whipped and not man enough to tell your wife to
avoid associating with scum like that. Why are these people your wife's friends?

You should put your foot down
and tell your wife that she can be friends with this person, but you as a couple
will not be associating with people of such radically different beliefs.

Or, you could wimp out and go along and just keep your mouth shut.  Hmmmm..........
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:25:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sounds like the work of Goolgotha, the god of self-control-when-in-the-presence-of-incomprehensibly-stupid-teenage-girls.

Take her shooting and introduce her to Wodan and conservatism.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:39:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Consider what happened to me last month,(Getting fired from a suck ass job because some dink damaged some equipment using my equipment, and finding a new job that is better and pays a lot more, so I can buy guns) and everybody telling me there is a reason for everything, I have to go on the God/Jehovah/Jahway exist side.  

As far as The Almighty helping you keep your composure around fuctards, I agree with that too.  If he had not have helped you, more than likely you would have grasped the offending party by the head, placing your thumbs on the forehead, the other fingers around to the back of the head.  One arm pulls toward you the other pushes away.  The offending party is then opened like an envelope.
One of two things will happen:
1.  Everyone will throw up and give you room and respect.
2.  You'll be arrested and yelled at.

Bilster
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#7]
wow, no more concrete proof than that.  When you get to talk to him ask him how old the earth really is
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:43:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I think you just wussed out. Don't blame God for that.

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
god had nothing to do with you keeping your mouth shut.  It's called self-restraint.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
wow, no more concrete proof than that.  When you get to talk to him ask him how old the earth really is

He said it was old.  Really fucking old!

Bilster
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:52:38 PM EDT
[#11]
I thought you said this was NOT religious?

Looks religious to me.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Sounds like you are pussy whipped and not man enough to tell your wife to
avoid associating with scum like that. Why are these people your wife's friends?

You should put your foot down
and tell your wife that she can be friends with this person, but you as a couple
will not be associating with people of such radically different beliefs.

Or, you could wimp out and go along and just keep your mouth shut.  Hmmmm..........

+1
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:55:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Looks religious to me.

FOILED AGAIN!!!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 12:57:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Looks religious to me.

Hey I didnt start all the religious discussion. It was ment as sarcasm but some people dont kno what sarcasm means.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks religious to me.

Hey I didnt start all the religious discussion. It was ment as sarcasm but some people dont kno what sarcasm means.

I TRIED to UN-religious it. See my post above.

Point of fact: When you have  to explain your sarcasm, it isn't very effective sarcasm.

Of course, i can't tell a joke either.  

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:02:51 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks religious to me.

And who did you expect to respond in this thread? Non religious folks?
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks religious to me.

And who did you expect to respond in this thread? Non religious folks?

This thread was ment as more of a i had to hang out with liberals. The god reference was sarcasm. No stop questioning it before the all mighty Zeus throws a lightning bold up your ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top