Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2009 5:24:41 PM EDT
Charlton Heston.

"The Omega Man."

No, I did not get the autograph in person (I only wish I did).  I bought it from a reputable dealer several years ago when Mr. Heston was still alive.  IIRC I paid all of about 20 bucks for it so if it isn't real it's no big deal.  But I think it is real and it matches other specimens of his autograph I've seen.

I matted it and framed it with this picture shortly after Mr. Heston died.  "The Omega Man" is my favorite move of all time.  Oh, and Will Smith doesn't even hold a candle to Charlton Heston!

He was a great, great man.

I have three things in common with Charlton Heston:

- We both grew up in Michigan.

- We both served in the Air Force and were stationed in Alaska (he was a B-29 gunner in the U.S. Army Air Force - so not "technically" the USAF since that didn't exist until 1947, but you know what I mean).

- I am a life member of the NRA.  So was he.

Rest in peace, Chuck.  You left us too soon.

Thanks ARFCOM - it's been a great ride.  Looking forward to 20,000 and beyond someday!

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]

-3D
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#2]
A great man indeed

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
i watched the omega man earlier this morning. first time I had seen it and I enjoyed it more so than I did I am legend.

Not many actors can pull off that role like Heston did.

ETA... on 10k.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:49:21 PM EDT
[#4]
The Omega Man was a great movie. CH was in some really good movies. It's awesome that he didn't turn into some libtard Hollywood ass like most of them do.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
i watched the omega man earlier this morning. first time I had seen it and I enjoyed it more so than I did I am legend.

Not many actors can pull off that role like Heston did.

ETA... on 10k.

Thanks.  I figure I'm not safe posting any "draw down" stories until I hit at least 20k though.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 5:54:35 PM EDT
[#6]
He supported the gun control act of '68.

Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:02:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
He supported the gun control act of '68.

Source?

If he did, that's unfortunate, but in the end I'm sure he came down on the side of the RKBA.

Few people get through a long life without making at least one mistake.  Get back to us when you are in your 80s and fill us in on how you did.

BTW: The world was MUCH different in 1968 than it is today.  It was a lot easier to sell "reasonable" gun control in those days, because most people (probably Heston included) did not realize how devious the liberals really are.  '68 was a scary year, with the assassinations of MLK and RFK and the Chicago riots.  Even well-intentioned people were easily misled by innocent sounding gun control in those days.
Link Posted: 12/20/2009 6:58:32 PM EDT
[#8]
He quoted Jefferson, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top