Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:48:02 PM EDT
Hey guys,

I am heading back from Louisiana for a few days to see the family and go on a supply run for some things we forgot. I have the case that my Springfield XD came in and I was wondering if I put a lock on it would it be good enough to meet the lockable hardcase requirement for the TSA?

I have been down here in Robert, Lousiana training with  my uncle to adjust for insurance losses. I'm going home to get my vehicle since they have more claims than they know what to do with, and they want me to star working claim ASAP. I have my pistol with me and need to get it home so I can have it on the drive back.

I am flying out tomorrow so any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

96Ag
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 12:54:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Call all the airports you will being flying from and to. Ask them about the gun rules for their company.  Make sure to talk to the most senior person you can and not some kid who has worked there for 2 days.  Get their name and personal number at their desk just in case you need it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:01:45 PM EDT
[#2]
I just flew with my Glock27 in checked baggage.  I put a small padlock through the glock factory case and they passed it wih no problems.  I flew on Frontier and United.

Austin to Denver to Bozeman
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:05:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I should, just as long as you have a lock for it.  Get there about a half hour earlier than planned, I would also call ahead. I have done this before with no problems.  Now that I think about it, I broke the law when I did it, I flew from Pheonix AZ to Midway in Chicago, IL., which is in Cook County and pistols are illegal there, I think? My dad bought me a Smith and Wessin .357 mag, trooper when I was visiting him and I brought it home with me, oh well good luck. What insurace company are you working for, are you going to be hourly or salary?
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:06:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Seems that your arms would get very tired trying to hold onto the pistol and flap at the same time.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:20:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I should, just as long as you have a lock for it.  Get there about a half hour earlier than planned, I would also call ahead. I have done this before with no problems.  Now that I think about it, I broke the law when I did it, I flew from Pheonix AZ to Midway in Chicago, IL., which is in Cook County and pistols are illegal there, I think? My dad bought me a Smith and Wessin .357 mag, trooper when I was visiting him and I brought it home with me, oh well good luck. What insurace company are you working for, are you going to be hourly or salary?

I'm working for Worley as an independent adjuster. I am paid by the claim, the more I work the more I make. Man, I have got to tell you guys read your policy before a catastrophe, when you have twelve 2 foot thick and up trees on your roof it is not the time to be asking coverage questions or to have no idea what your policy says.

I have seen some absolute devastation and some area that look no different than they did on the 28th. It has been very educational.
*It's a subcompact so it shouldn't interefere with the low drag I have developed along with male pattern baldness.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=410155

Thanks Glockshooter!

That is just what I needed. I appreciate the help.

96Ag
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:35:34 AM EDT
[#9]
You are quite welcome.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top