Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2006 9:33:48 PM EDT
  Bill Tierney is on and it is one hell of a story.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:38:32 PM EDT
[#1]
You can listen live here wokv.com/

I missed it I guess, what did he say ?

ETA: nevermind he is back on
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 9:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Okay, cool.

Except "ABC News quoted Tierney as saying the U.S. government was wrong to keep the tapes secret." news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060216/ap_on_re_mi_ea/saddam_tapes

Were these tapes still secret? If so, put this guy in prison. Okay, it's nice to score points against liberals and such, but what if they were secret for a reason? Sounds like Bill was making decisions way above his GS level.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:07:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm sure it will all be featured in a balanced and objective front page article on the NY Times tomorrow morning.

-K
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 10:07:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I listened to the first half hour. Bill Tierney who is a former warrant officer in Army intelligence was a weapons inspector in Iraq. He was in possession of tapes of Saddam taken in his office. He had 11 hours of tape. These tapes have SADDAM him self talking about their biological weapons and biological warheads. Tierney thru John Loftus tried to get these to upper administration officials, because he couldn't believe what he was hearing when President Bush came out and said we were wrong about Iraq's WMD program. After two weeks he heard nothing back from them. So Loftus and Tierney contacted higher level officials who said they didn't know anything about it. What we have is people in government who was intentionally trying to keep the truth from coming out. These tapes were at this point declassified by the Bush Administration where the truth can be let out to the public. Bottom line is this IS concrete proof in Saddam's own words that they had a active chemical weapon program in progress. Also Saddam is talking about a chemical attack on Washington DC which he says in effect they will use a proxy to commit the attack or terrorists. Tapes are from mid 1990's to the year 2000. ABC news was given a D grade from Tierney on their broadcast. They were intentionally trying to play down the impact of these tapes in the WMD argument.
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:32:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Tapes can be falsified. Then again why would anybody do that, its not like Bush is empty handed and losing innocent men and women every day over there
Link Posted: 2/15/2006 11:35:04 PM EDT
[#6]
oh for fuck's sake...
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:35:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Tapes can be falsified. Then again why would anybody do that, its not like Bush is empty handed and losing innocent men and women every day over there

Have you ever thought that if they could falsify tapes, that they could come up with some phony WMD in Iraq? Why in the hell would they wait so long to doctor tapes if they could just plant evidence of WMD somwhere out in the desert right after the invasion and leave it at that?

gee, I'm so proud of myself, I didn't call him an F'ing moron once in my whole post... um...heh
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:42:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Abbot_Hayes

Well birds of a feather post like that on DU.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:49:27 AM EDT
[#9]
Clinton took care of the remaining wmd's (remember- "no war for monica").
Using Clintons words or the words on this tape to prove something previously existed and must currently exist is bad form and bad logic.
If y'all recall, SECULAR Saddam and the SECULAR bathists were filing mass graves  fundementalist muslims. These are the folks we want dead right?
This was Saddams function.
When did conservatives (small c) abandon Pax-Americana?
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 2:51:24 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Abbot_Hayes

Well birds of a feather post like that on DU.

I think you need to fine-tune your sarcasm detector.z
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:15:03 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Duh- thru voice analysis the tapes have been authenticated. Sorry the truth hurts sometime. Bullshit WMD argument by the democraps is just that. Bullshit Get a life and face the facts.
According to Tierney the Bush administration will be putting these tapes forward in the near future.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:24:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
ABC news was given a D grade from Tierney on their broadcast. They were intentionally trying to play down the impact of these tapes in the WMD argument.

i dunno, abc ran this as an exclusive story last night. they said up front the fbi has authenticated the tapes as saddam and crew. they ran several minutes of saddam predicting terr attacks on us and also a prediction there would be nbc involved someday, but "not from iraq." in addition to that they ran more of the tapes of saddam and his henchmen talking about wmd's, how they had much more than reported, how they'd lied to the un inspectors, and the fact they still had the machinery in place and were ready to resume at a moments notice. it's notable that nbc ran the same story but somehow overlooked the part of the tapes talking about iraq's wmd program... again, intentional deceit on nbc's part!

i fucking hate the media. they are a bigger threat to us than al qaeda.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:28:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Yea ABC news came forward first and asked for a copy of the tapes from Tierney. Evidently Brian Ross made some idiotic comment at the end of night line. Tierney said they were putting their own spin on the facts. Even to the point they said he released classified info. Which was a outright lie the administration had declassified them when they checked them out.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 3:32:05 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
i fucking hate the media. they are a bigger threat to us than al qaeda.

A big +1 to that statement.

Ever since journalism schools started to push the idea that journalism should be about "changing the world" rather than "reporting the news" the media has been in one long, downward spiral.

- CD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top