Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2024 10:14:35 PM EDT
I am no flashlight guru, so be kind. I'm cheap and want gold. LOL.

I've have a Thorfire C8S 1000 lumens for probably 6 years. I dropped it and this time it killed it. I really liked that flashlight.

Should i replace the XML2 Cree LED or buy new flashlight?

If buy new, what is comparable in size and at least 1000 lumens, 5-6" long.

If fix, where to buy the LED. LED Supply keeps popping up on google. Are they GTG or who would you buy from?

I have others, but this one was great for my acres in the county.

Edit: Budget > $80
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:20:37 PM EDT
[#1]
bump
Link Posted: 1/10/2024 11:54:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Get new. Flashlight tech has had crazy advancements in the past  few years. I'd look at something with an 18650 or 21700 battery based on the size requirement.

A few brands I'd look at are Wurkkos, Sofirn, Convoy, and Zebra Light.

Don't get too excited about the max or turbo setting. Some of these might advertise 8700 lumens but that will only last for 8.7 seconds before the output steps down.

ETA: I should probably cross Zebra Light of the list since you said cheap.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 12:00:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Keep an eye out on the Bereli website for Cloud Defensive lights on sale.  They aren’t cheap, so they might not meet your cost requirement.
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:19:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Budget > $80
Link Posted: 1/11/2024 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top