Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2004 1:34:07 AM EDT
I've been offered a knife in trade for something I have in the EE...

It's a Cold Steel Trail Master Carbon V in good condition...

I don't have much experience with fixed blades per se, so I thought I would seek the wisdom of the AR15 crew before I accept the offer or turn it down...

You can see it at www.coldsteel.com/fixed-blades-trail-master-series.html

I'm assuming it's a hunting knife and not good for fighting (Like I'll be doing any fighting with a knife  )

Opinions?

BTW, the deal would be more than fair if I accept it...
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I still have my Gerber BMF survival knife, last seen in the movie "Shoot to Kill" with Sidney Portier, Tom Berenger and Kirstie Alley
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:44:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I read in a magazine that the guys in Iraq are loving the Gerber Silver Trident with the Blackhawk Double Locking Sheath...

ETA: A guy on ebay is selling these for $200-$250  

And my wife kicked my butt all the way home from a funshow for buying a $75 knife...  
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:51:26 AM EDT
[#3]
these 2 are my most used and current favorites right now

Link Posted: 8/19/2004 1:57:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/19/2004 2:43:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
(Like I'll be doing any fighting with a knife  )

I forget where I read it but someone within 10, maybe 20 feet of you has more time to rush you and stab/slice you up than for you to draw and fire, seems reasonable.  Any old gerber pocket knife would do for such a situation in my opinion, don't think I'd trade a gun for a knife.  Unless maybe a katana from somewhere like bugei.com

My thoughts are get both
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top