Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2002 3:51:30 PM EDT
I highly recommend this true story about Green Beret Lt.James Rowe's 5 year internment in a Vietcong POW camp. I'm half way through it and I can't put it down. His wording of the torment and mindgames our soldiers endured is both horrific and inspiring. Now in paperback.  
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 4:16:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've recommended that book several times here. It is an inspiring story, and Colonel Rowe's fellow prisoner Captain Humbert Rocque "Rocky" Versace was just posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor for his actions as a prisoner.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 8:51:38 PM EDT
[#2]
You ever wonder why we don't hear from all these rights groups about the treatment of our guys in 'nam and yet they are all bent out of shape over how the Taliban assholes are being treated?
Link Posted: 7/15/2002 10:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
A very good read.  It's been along time since I read the book.  I remember him telling about how he was using an M1 and how fast he went through the clips he had.  I believe he was murdered in PI.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top