Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2009 5:53:31 PM EDT
Im currently starting my first garden right now, ive got it all turned bottom up and fenced off and ive got a fire pit that is way too big in my yard so im going to be closing it in to make it smaller.  Is there any garden beneficial step to take with the dirt from my fire pit?  it seems like good dark dirt and thres lots of it- but im not sure if its any good for a garden or not.  Any input would be appreciated, otherwise im going to just spread it around between the trees in my yard.  Thanks for the input- and any info on bug killer not good to use in the garden would be good too, like i said this is my first round so consider me dumb for now, go ahead and break it down barney style, thanks again-jhef.
ps this is my first post im a long time lurker and me and the wife have get home bags in our cars at all times and we always CCW no matter where we go, always prepare for the SHTF, she thinks I spend way too much time on this site, and of course I "had" lots of rifles but lost them in a tragic boating accident and I never let my bags suffer inspection upon leaving WAL-MART, I can blade like a real ninja plus im benching like 215, and as always FBHO.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:54:56 PM EDT
[#1]
nice first post.

Where's the beer?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:56:47 PM EDT
[#2]

I don't have anything to add but this...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:57:23 PM EDT
[#3]
How can your existing fire pit be 'too big'?

What if you have something big to burn. Or lots of big things to burn?

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:02:11 PM EDT
[#4]
I would not use the ashy soil in my garden unless a soil test showed your ph was to basic.  Ash is very acidic.  Most fruits and vegetables like a somewhat neutral ph.  However, blueberries like slightly acidic soil so if you have some of them feel free to sprinkle some around them.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
N_T?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:08:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
N_T?

Hmmmm??? I wonder.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#7]
sounds like someone SSS'ed and doesnt know what to do with the unexpected " extra dirt"

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:24:16 PM EDT
[#8]
My friend I assure you I am not NT, I am in the military yes, officer no, Air Force no, I am USMC EOD... if you know what that means good if not google it.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
My friend I assure you I am not NT, I am in the military yes, officer no, Air Force no, I am USMC EOD... if you know what that means good if not google it.

Good to see another crab-wearer at ARFCOM.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:29:50 PM EDT
[#10]
USMC crab?  Stationed?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top