Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2004 12:26:05 PM EDT
Today was the first day back on campus after the debate and needless to say the sKerry people where out in force. I myself was let down with Bush yesterday, I agreed with his message but he didn't look confident and at times when the camera was on sKerry and Bush was in the background he looked like a annoyed school child who didn't know what was going on. I was hoping that people would listen to what he says and not what he does, but they don't. I hate to say it, but here at SMSU in Springfield I feel that Bush lost a lot of ground. I can only pray that he works the bugs out and starts acting like a professional.

Jerad

There where also people on campus passing out fliers about how the current administration is trying to start the draft.

EDITED: Word change
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:29:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually it looked to me liek Bush was annoyed at the Bullshit Kerry was spewing not confused!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:31:53 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was funny watching Kerry shake like he was...  (notice his hands)
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Anyone who would believe that GW is going to let the draft come back is either a Demo operative who is lying or a complete imbecile.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Dude, I go to sms, I don't think we as a voting body will ever make or break anyone, much less Bush.  Don't forget, most of the fucks on campus are from STL and if daddy told them to vote for Kerry they would.  Bush has MO.  Kerry conceded it the other day when he gave up advertising here.  Now go to Jordan Creek, find the most liberal yet hot bitch there, and make it hurt.  Your mission has been assigned.  I would do it myself, except that I have similar duty in KC this weekend
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Listening to Kerry argue that we need to be friends with France and the UN and Bush is a bad president for alienating those fucks made my colon itch.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:36:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Actually it looked to me liek Bush was annoyed at the Bullshit Kerry was spewing not confused!

I agree and changed my post, however he needs to straighten himself up and present a better image. Remember it doesn’t matter what we think he looks like, because he's just preaching to the quire. The people who need to get Bush's message didn't get it last night, they spent all their time laughing and pointed at the Bush and the media didn’t help.

Jerad
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Its actually the Dems that has submitted legislation to reinstate the draft.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:38:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember  -  the Dems said the election was over after the Dem convention.

Don't confuse hype with substance.

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:38:48 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Dude, I go to sms, I don't think we as a voting body will ever make or break anyone, much less Bush.  Don't forget, most of the fucks on campus are from STL and if daddy told them to vote for Kerry they would.  Bush has MO.  Kerry conceded it the other day when he gave up advertising here.  Now go to Jordan Creek, find the most liberal yet hot bitch there, and make it hurt.  Your mission has been assigned.  I would do it myself, except that I have similar duty in KC this weekend

We won't make or break anyone, however we are a pretty good sample of the college class in a swing state. All I'm saying is that Bush needs to step it up on the 8th and I think he will.

Jerad
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:42:21 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I know it was the Democrats that released the bill for the draft, it was even in our local paper today; however I think this scare tactic is going to scare a lot of uninformed voters.

Jerad
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:43:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#12]
I went to UMR and Truman State. I always thought that SWMU was full of spoiled rich  kids from STL but it seemed to be a good party school.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I know it was the Democrats that released the bill for the draft, it was even in our local paper today; however I think this scare tactic is going to scare a lot of uninformed voters.

Jerad

You might want to tell them Kerry is the guy that wants to send more troops to Iraq (as stated last night) not Bush.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:03:36 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anyone who would believe that GW is going to let the draft come back is either a Demo operative who is lying or a complete imbecile.

+Infinity
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:14:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Our guy choked a bit, and was a bit burned out after long day pumping the state for votes (hurricane relief workers) which was a foolish idea.

He under-estimated his opponent, and under-prepared

I was a bit disappointed, too, but do not think for a minute that that one debate is enough to get that phony senator elected

we will overcome this ...............dont worry
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:21:48 PM EDT
[#16]
I like Bush, I am a Dubya man but.......

he needs to learn not to blink his eyes so fast.  It's classic for people who are not trained to be in front of cameras like actors and public figures to blink their eyes to fast.  

Look at actors in movies, they hardly ever blink.  In real life, you would accuse them of staring at you.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:22:49 PM EDT
[#17]
print these up www.communistsforkerry.com/GPU/viewtopic.php?p=72 put them up and distribute them around campus
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:24:55 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Our guy choked a bit, and was a bit burned out after long day pumping the state for votes (hurricane relief workers) which was a foolish idea.

No, it wasn't an "idea," it was his job.  He put his job as president above the campaign.  That's why he's a better president than Kerry would be.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:26:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jerad

Yet the only candidate calling for a larger military is Kerry!  How is he going to add TWO DIVISIONS and "double special forces" otherwise?

He is clearly full of crap, but that might be worth pointing out to those tards.

Adam - SMSU class of '97
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:29:52 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Print up a copy of the bill off Thomas with the DEMOCRATS that have drawn it up and sponsored it highlighted.  Give a copy to any fucktard saying "Bush is going to bring back the draft".
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:33:33 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Time to raise the voting age to 25

No joke.

"Young kids with heads full of mush."

Debates don't matter.  Everybody that is going to vote has already made up their minds.

I'd rather have a great man like GWB, then a great debater.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:50:51 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Time to eliminate voting. Whatever the age, the majority is not equipped to make good decisions. The rash opinion of a jackass ought be weighted just as highly as the clear, deliberative, logical choices made by men like the founders? I think not.

Edited to say I'm 23.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:55:00 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I'm thinking land ownership should be brought back as a requirement.  Think of how much THAT would change the political landscape - especially in states like yours!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 1:56:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Jared... Are you the Subway sandwich guy?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:02:59 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Kinda funny you mention that, the majority of people at my job are older then 25 (the average age is probably 35 at least), yet who is the only republican there? Little ole me  Maybe we should drop age regulations and base it off of IQ.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:03:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

you know better than that HR
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Taxpayers=voters
no payee taxes.... no votee....
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:54:57 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I'm thinking land ownership should be brought back as a requirement.  Think of how much THAT would change the political landscape - especially in states like yours!

I'd vote for that!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 3:59:27 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sorry man, have to call BS on this one.  Many of us have made a choice not to own land or buy a home because where we are in life does not gel with such a decision.  Right now I don't want too many strings on my life because I am a political appointee who serves at the pleasure of the Governor and will be one of the first fired should he leave office and the Dems take over.  Having money tied up in property when I might have to pick up and leave is not a wise move for me.  I think a better idea would be you have to pay income taxes to vote...  If you support the nation financially you get a say.

Hey - I don't own land either.  I'm just asking you to imagine how that simple requirement (which once existed) would change the political landscape.  Most urban areas are heavily democrat - those areas also tend to have a larger concentration of renters or complete moochers.  

I like the taxpaying idea as well.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:10:31 PM EDT
[#31]
In response to the Democrat LIE machine, my own elderly mother will not even believe her own son about the AWB, it is all about the evil full auto machine guns... even though I tell her it was already illegal in 1934 and showed her the law. The AARP has their constiuency locked up tight.

All aside, it has always been like this. I'm sick of it. Sick of partisan politics. I will vote Bush, but only because of Kerry's orbital left political leanings of the last 20 years. Not because I like GWB.

This election has come down to taxes, firearms, jobs and whatever just like every other election. They just don't want to adress the issues.

Notice no one has said the word "abortion" once this election. Kinda strange and quiet on the right front? Do you know a lot of pro-abortion soccer moms?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:13:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:14:00 PM EDT
[#33]
I think abortion is a dead issue (pardon the pun). The population is so divided that the instant you come out either pro or against, you'll scare off half of your supporters.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:18:07 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
I think abortion is a dead issue (pardon the pun). The population is so divided that the instant you come out either pro or against, you'll scare off half of your supporters.

Sorry, I'd just like to see a pro-abortion sticker on a minivan, right above the sKerry Edwards sticker. I'm not seeing it. Don't tell me those blood suckers aren't silently wishing for it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:41:09 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would a mortgage count as land ownership?  

Otherwise, I'd be fooked.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

No I'm not the sandwich guy, but you did spell my name wrong. It's J E R A D, have a good day dooshmaster

Jerad
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:39:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Take this little nugget for what it's worth... A friend of mine who used to work for Bob Ney and still has some decent ties to the Repub. Campaign talked to one of W's handlers and he said basically the reason W kept making weird faces was he was instructed not to attack Kerry( as they are trying hard to court the womenz vote. ) and Bush was essentially biting his tongue. He also said that the President usually hits the sack early and was tired. Again take this for what it's worth, but I consider the source to be straight up.  I still think Bush was unprepared and probably took skerry for granted. The source also said to watch out for W the next 2 debates. We shall see.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:40:59 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No I'm not the sandwich guy, but you did spell my name wrong. It's J E R A D, have a good day dooshmaster

Jerad

Cuz you feeble college pricks weren't even worth a cursory spellcheck...
Sandwich boy!
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#39]
a group of poli sci students from my university (A&M Corpus Christi) was invited to watch the debates at Channel 3 news in a conference room.  I tagged along because I'm taking a Poli Sci class with most of the group.  Plus they had free sandwiches.

out of 14 students only 2 were kerry supporters. about half of us thought Bush won the debate (based on the substance of his arguments), only 2 thought kerry won the debate (guess which 2) and the rest felt it was a tie.

Anyways, I am now a TV star.  commence the feet kissing!

Link Posted: 10/1/2004 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree and changed my post, however he needs to straighten himself up and present a better image. Remember it doesn’t matter what we think he looks like, because he's just preaching to the quire. The people who need to get Bush's message didn't get it last night, they spent all their time laughing and pointed at the Bush and the media didn’t help.

Jerad

That reminds of the Bush the First/Clinton/Perot debate. When Clinton was talking, you could see Bush 1 in the background checking his watch.
Remember that idiot girl who asked Clinton what kind of underwear he wore? I wanted to blow my brains out right there. You get a chance to ask the future Prez one question, and you ask that?????

Future of America, indeed.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 9:10:22 PM EDT
[#41]
um, if im not mistaken, didn't the rules prohibit the news people from showing one guy while the other was speaking?
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:40:55 AM EDT
[#42]
I work on a college campus and I pay very little attention to anything the students or professors say about politics.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:43:33 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+Infinity

+Infinity+1

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:54:39 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not a good idea. Then many troops won't be able to elect the turkey that might be sending them overseas.

The land ownership requirement will work WONDERS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top