Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/17/2019 6:11:33 AM EDT
As some of You may now our government betrayed us and accepted a EU directive to restrict firearm access drastically in Switzerland. The law is supposed to be enacted may 2019.

We, people of Switzerland refuse to accept this and we decide to oppose it by referundum.

To get that law voted for or against by the people, we needed to gather 50 000 verified (each signature is verified by their municipality) within 3 months...

It sounds very little but for a country of 7 million it is not that easy, especially in only 3 months...

Especially given the fact that most people don't know or realize that this new law is about to happen and that it is forced onto us by the EU...

Well, today the results came in... We did it. We did not get 50k verified signatures but 125 000 signatures and I can tell you tonight that some anti gun people and pro EU rats are getting worried.

I personally gathered 130 signatures.

But the fight is far to be over. Right now I give us about 30% chances of victory.

The problem is that we have all political parties against us but one. Also, all the economical and media powers are against us.

It's going to be a tough fight. But we will not give up. And whatever the result, I don't not intend to surrender.

Thanks to all those who supported us so far by putting pressure on media polls.

Will keep you up to date.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:13:59 AM EDT
[#1]
2009? Typo or is this 10 year old news?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:14:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Good luck. I hope you win.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:14:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Good luck, those in power tend to dislike others to have power themselves in the form of weapons to include firearms.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:17:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Stick it to the man!

Glad to hear you guys have a semi-easy option to avoid being disarmed.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:20:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Get back in your time machine, you didn't go back far enough.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:28:17 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Good luck. I hope you win.
View Quote
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:28:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Nice job and good luck!   You can do it.

It always impresses me how some folks (usually following a known common ideology) go rabidly against other people's rights to defend themselves.

Brazil's former leftist government did everything it could to take guns from the honest citizens.  Even tried a referendum and lost it by far.  Not happy, it stopped very short to tale guns away by using the bureaucracy.  Now their new president is reversing that.

https://www.oann.com/brazils-bolsonaro-signs-decree-easing-gun-restrictions/

We are going through similar attacks here and even some backstabbing by Trump and the NRA.  So, this is a global issue.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:31:27 AM EDT
[#8]
What restrictions are they trying to enact?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:32:36 AM EDT
[#9]
GO SWITZERLAND!

You are the citizens...
Not the slaves.

To hell with the European Union !
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:33:48 AM EDT
[#10]
The fact that the EU can even issue "directives" like that is absurd. It's supposed to be a military alliance and a trade union, not a federal government over the whole continent that treats member nations like provinces.

Good on you guys for fighting back.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:34:45 AM EDT
[#11]
So assuming that's a typo and OP meant 2019, that's the year the nazis, I mean the EU, intends to disarm all member countries or just the Swiss?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:35:36 AM EDT
[#12]
It's good to hear that you guys got the step accomplished.  Keep us updated on how you're fight for rights goes.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:54:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Basically You would not be a owner anymore and possession would have to be linked to an activity.

Mag capacity limit (10 rounds pistols 20 rounds long guns)

Collapsible or folding stocks and overall lengths for rifles.

And more BS like that
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 6:55:30 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So assuming that's a typo and OP meant 2019, that's the year the nazis, I mean the EU, intends to disarm all member countries or just the Swiss?
View Quote
It's already up in other countries.

May 2019 is the latest members of the Schengen treaty are obligated to comply.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:07:28 AM EDT
[#15]
F the EU!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:11:07 AM EDT
[#16]
Kick ass take names repeat as necessary.

Good work.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:14:24 AM EDT
[#17]
Great job, don't stop.  Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#18]
Hope you're people and thus your government tells the EU to take a long walk off a short pier.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:02:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Keep fighting the good fight, good luck.  Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:06:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Basically You would not be a owner anymore and possession would have to be linked to an activity.

And more BS like that
View Quote
How does that work with the Swiss militia system? I'm probably going to prove my ignorance of details here, but doesn't the militia (everybody of age) require the members have a long gun with 200 rounds of ammo(and magazines) in their house(ammo in some sort of secure ammo storage that can be broken only in cases of invasion). Wouldn't the whole "no more than 20 round mags" be an issue?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:07:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

And more BS like that
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And more BS like that
Sounds like they have been talking to the anti idiots over here
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#22]
The gun enthusiasts will vote against this.  So you need to pull in another voting block.

Your best hope is to sell this vote as a vote on EU intrusion on Switzerlands' sovereignty.

If you can create fear of the EU, you can create the votes you need.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#23]
Pulling for you.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#24]
You will need to translate these slogans into Swietzedeutsche:

"The entire EU knows the Swiss can not be trusted with firearms."

"Vote yes - it is what Germany has always wanted."

"Who do the Swiss think they are? - their own country?"

"Give up your guns; you can trust Brussels" (followed by eyeroll or reference to the Nazis).

"Disarm Switzerland.  What could possibly go wrong?" (Reference the Nazis).
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:23:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Congrats getting that many extra signatures!

And good luck getting the votes you need, brother!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
F the EU!
View Quote
This, it should be abolished.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:26:19 AM EDT
[#27]
Good luck. I'd love to visit the country some time, but goddamn its expensive to do anything there.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:27:16 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:30:09 AM EDT
[#29]
We need a like or +1 button or something...
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Fight the good fight and do not comply!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:32:26 AM EDT
[#31]
Give them hell, good luck in defeating the tyranny that is the EU.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:44:45 AM EDT
[#32]
Give those commies hell!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:45:50 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
As some of You may now our government betrayed us and accepted a EU directive to restrict firearm access drastically in Switzerland. The law is supposed to be enacted may 2019.

We, people of Switzerland refuse to accept this and we decide to oppose it by referundum.

To get that law voted for or against by the people, we needed to gather 50 000 verified (each signature is verified by their municipality) within 3 months...

It sounds very little but for a country of 7 million it is not that easy, especially in only 3 months...

Especially given the fact that most people don't know or realize that this new law is about to happen and that it is forced onto us by the EU...

Well, today the results came in... We did it. We did not get 50k verified signatures but 125 000 signatures and I can tell you tonight that some anti gun people and pro EU rats are getting worried.

I personally gathered 130 signatures.

But the fight is far to be over. Right now I give us about 30% chances of victory.

The problem is that we have all political parties against us but one. Also, all the economical and media powers are against us.

It's going to be a tough fight. But we will not give up. And whatever the result, I don't not intend to surrender.

Thanks to all those who supported us so far by putting pressure on media polls.

Will keep you up to date.
View Quote
Make plans now to always have access to a weapon and ammo. I don’t know if all your guns are “registered” but get some weapons and ammo buried in a unknown/safe place. I hope you guys keep your rights but it’s only a matter of time. If they are registered hide a couple and report them as stolen if need be. You will be disarmed in your lifetime unless you are elderly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:45:56 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Good luck, those in power tend to dislike others to have power themselves in the form of weapons to include firearms.
View Quote
It goes beyond that.  When the people are defenseless, helpless, scared, and dependent on government to keep them safe, they the people are more likely to support bigger government with more power.  Personal disarmament is a positive feedback for big government.

ETA Good luck to the people of Switzerland.  Their situation sounds familiar, with the government and media working together to disarm them.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 8:46:12 AM EDT
[#35]
It appears that slowly the folks are waking up to the evil that is EU.  Hopefully it will be dissolved in a few years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:23:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Good luck OP, the EU has no right to push that agenda on your people.
It is bigger then gun control, that is just the start...EU wants to transform the world into its idea of a just world.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:27:08 AM EDT
[#37]
I wish the best of luck to you!  Gun control is people control.

The EU is evil.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:36:26 AM EDT
[#38]
Nice job. Good luck with the rest of the battle.

Didn’t the Czech Republic already tell the EU to fuck off on the gun control issue?
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:42:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Good luck OP, the EU has no right to push that agenda on your people.
It is bigger then gun control, that is just the start...EU wants to transform the world into its idea of a just world slavery.
View Quote
FIFY
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:45:26 AM EDT
[#40]
Congratulations on your initial victory and good luck in the war to come.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:45:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Swexit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:46:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Anti gun-grabber bump.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#43]
It sucks your gvt. is supporting it. I know the Czechs and Poles told the EU to sit and spin, that they were not going to abide by it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:54:09 AM EDT
[#44]
Keep up the fight.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 9:57:24 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yep, you're seeing that on our soil too
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:08:34 AM EDT
[#46]
You should also do a referendum on pulling out of the EU also.
Never understood why regular folks would agree to that in any case.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:10:48 AM EDT
[#47]
Veil Glück!
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:13:21 AM EDT
[#48]
"Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:14:26 AM EDT
[#49]
Keep fighting!  Good job.
Link Posted: 1/17/2019 10:16:06 AM EDT
[#50]
GOOD LUCK!!!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top