Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 7/21/2008 3:33:41 PM EDT
I just got around to installing this, and every few minutes it thrashes the hell out of the hard drive. I know its FF3 because the task manager goes nuts.

WTF?

ANy solution?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:34:33 PM EDT
What addons and plugins you have running? FF3 is running great for me on Vista64.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:35:30 PM EDT
Is there a desktop search type of thing like the google add on for explorer? It might be trying to index your hard drive?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:36:01 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tomislav:
What addons and plugins you have running? FF3 is running great for me on Vista64.

Same...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:23:51 PM EDT
For reference, there was some sort of any pfishing option turned on, that downloaded huge lists onto the drive, and there's a bug, I think, in how the lists are kept.

If you have the trouble, go to Options>Security and uncheck the options that start "Tell me when..."

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:27:22 PM EDT
In task manager, select 'view', then 'select columns', then check both 'IO reads' and 'IO writes'.

Make sure it is Firefox that is hitting the disk...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:35:13 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Tomislav:
In task manager, select 'view', then 'select columns', then check both 'IO reads' and 'IO writes'.

Make sure it is Firefox that is hitting the disk...

I used Sysinternals utilities (filemon) to isolate not only that it was indeed, Firefox, but also got the specifics about the file it was hitting like a retard with a drumset.

Something called: c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\txklq87n.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite

So I googled "urlclassifier3.sqlite" and found had to do with the anti pfishign stuff.

Unchecked those options, deleted that file, and viola!

No thrashing.
Top Top