Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2008 3:33:41 PM EDT
I just got around to installing this, and every few minutes it thrashes the hell out of the hard drive.   I know its FF3 because the task manager goes nuts.

WTF?

ANy solution?

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:34:33 PM EDT
[#1]
What addons and plugins you have running? FF3 is running great for me on Vista64.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:35:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Is there a desktop search type of thing like the google add on for explorer? It might be trying to index your hard drive?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 3:36:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
What addons and plugins you have running? FF3 is running great for me on Vista64.

Same...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:23:51 PM EDT
[#4]
For reference, there was some sort of any pfishing option turned on, that downloaded huge lists onto the drive, and there's a bug, I think, in how the lists are kept.

If you have the trouble, go to Options>Security and uncheck the options that start "Tell me when..."

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:27:22 PM EDT
[#5]
In task manager, select 'view', then 'select columns', then check both 'IO reads' and 'IO writes'.

Make sure it is Firefox that is hitting the disk...
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
In task manager, select 'view', then 'select columns', then check both 'IO reads' and 'IO writes'.

Make sure it is Firefox that is hitting the disk...

I used Sysinternals utilities (filemon) to isolate not only that it was indeed, Firefox, but also got the specifics about the file it was hitting like a retard with a drumset.

Something called:    c:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\txklq87n.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite

So I googled "urlclassifier3.sqlite" and found had to do with the anti pfishign stuff.

Unchecked those options, deleted that file, and viola!  

No thrashing.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top