Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 6:03:25 PM EDT
What are these assholes thinking? I have had every endorsement since 1979 excluding PPC and triples. Now! I, the THINMAN have to be fringer printed, so I may recieve my licensense and  continue my vocation on a secondary level? A-fucking-mazing!

Now---I'm sure there are some smally endowed posters that would relish the oppurtinity to explain to the importance of this ""HOMELAND SECURITY"" bullshit-----don't waste your time.

The consequense of be damn good, has once again been replaced by the "new" rules of the fear.

Welcome to your new world!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:08:33 PM EDT
[#1]
guess it's time to find a new line of work, skinny
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeap its the same as getting a machine gun
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:24:02 PM EDT
[#3]
You gentlemen reply with smug yet envious replies with no concept of the long effects on the life as you know it.

Simple as you are in your own environment, looking at the television, it seems simple to convey your petty, yet uninformed opions through a strife infested, unspecified amount of time on your keyboard.

If you have a valid response--please post up. If You do not have a valid response I suggest you take it elswhere.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Didn't you give fingerprints to get a DL when you were 16?

Didn't you give your fingerprints for your CCL?

I did for both.
I value them both and it was way before 9/11.

It seems YMMV.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:32:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#6]
You also have to retake the hazmat test when your license expires.Even though your hazmat is good for 2 years.The best part is the hazmat fingerprinting fee is $90.00,plus the cost of the hazmat test $35.00.

Then you aren't hazmat certified UNTIL the fingerprints come back from some federal agency.I didn't know all this and now my hazmat is expired,and it's only 14 months old...It's fucking bullshit.I had to go through fingerprinting ,background check and a bunch of other shit to get a CCW permit here in MA,and now this redundant crap.

I just have to remember"It's for the children Greg,it's for the children".

I could care less about the fingerprints,they know all about me and I have nothing to hide anyway.It's the fucking cost of all this bullshit that pisses me off.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:37:43 PM EDT
[#7]
We had one driver that could carry HAZMAT materials.  After trying six(!) times to get prints that the DOT would accept, he gave-up.  He lost his job because of this BS.z
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:46:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
We had one driver that could carry HAZMAT materials.  After trying six(!) times to get prints that the DOT would accept, he gave-up.  He lost his job because of this BS.z

If anyone runs into this problem I suggest changing the location where you are getting prints done.  Try for a busy state or county police facility that has prisoner booking.  Bring your own Applicant Cards (same as Class III, SBR etc.).  Good prints come from guys who really do them a LOT every day.  If they have a Livescan (digital fingerprinting system) - all the better.

CWO
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:49:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I dont' understand, is this for OTR hauling of HAZMAT or for clean-up or general handling? I'm a 1st responder for clean-up, but never had my fingerprints taken ????
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:52:22 PM EDT
[#10]
I went in to the local PD recently to be printed for an out of state CCW permit. The woman who printed me told me that over 3000 people came in each month to be printed.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:55:54 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I dont' understand, is this for OTR hauling of HAZMAT or for clean-up or general handling? I'm a 1st responder for clean-up, but never had my fingerprints taken ????

It's for the HazMat endorsement on a CDL. Luckily I got mine before this started and it's good til 2009, I won't be renewing it at that point.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 6:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Transporting,anytime you take hazmat on public roads.

Anything you have to placard for.General rule is 1001 LBS of anything considered hazmat,you need a placard.Stuff like explosives you have to be placarded regardless of the weight.If you are a first responder,you most likely don't carry anything hazardous,correct ? The guys that haul all that crap away will have to placard(Over 1000 lbs) and they will have to go through this shit.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:00:43 PM EDT
[#13]

If anyone runs into this problem I suggest changing the location where you are getting prints done.

I know from talking to other local people that have attempted to get the state police's permission so they can be granted a CCW that finding somewhere that can do perfect prints is hard.

He tried the city jail, which takes pitiful prints.  Then he tried the prison down the street from my house.  I thought those prints were acceptable, but the guy that called said that they didn't consider a single one of the 10 fingers in that set acceptable.  He then had his prints taken when his wife-to-be had hers done at a local INS office.  They were acceptable for all but one finger.  He then tried the state police's main office while we were killing time at a customer's location near there.  Those looked terrible.  I don't know where he got the others done.  We finally gave-up on the process since I lost the three customers that we needed him for while he couldn't drive.  He now works at Home Depot.z
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:13:56 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You gentlemen reply with smug yet envious replies with no concept of the long effects on the life as you know it.

Simple as you are in your own environment, looking at the television, it seems simple to convey your petty, yet uninformed opions through a strife infested, unspecified amount of time on your keyboard.

If you have a valid response--please post up. If You do not have a valid response I suggest you take it elswhere.

Back up the truck.  No one here should think that getting fingerprinted for Hazmat is a good idea.  If you have a birth certificate, SSN, etc., that should be enough to identify you.  Shit, I'm a doctor and I don't have to get fingerprinted.  Well, that's not entirely true depending on which state you work in (and also see below about the VA).  California (surprise surprise) requires all physicians to be fingerprinted.  I didn't even need fingerprints to get a DEA#.    

[tin foil hat ON] But the more people 'they' can get into the system the better it is for them.  If they happen to find your prints at a crime scene then it makes their job easier.  Anything in the name of making it easier for the state to keep a bead on you.  Do you think that taking your prints makes this country any safer?? [tin foil hat OFF]

The question is:  "What are you willing to do about it?".  One of my anatomy professors, who was a board-certified pathologist, had previously worked at the VA.  One day, the powers that be were going through his file and told him that he had never been fingerprinted which was a requirement (IIRC this is true for all Fed jobs).  Instead of rolling over, he told them to pound sand (in a polite way) and they fired his ass.  

I haven't lost any sleep over getting fingerprinted after I had my prints taken in Canada at the age of 17 in a failed attempt to join the military (another example of the retarded Canadian gov't at work).  Once you're in the system it really doesn't matter.  If you've never been fingerprinted before I can understand your angst.  Hell, as I've already stated, I can understand your angst even if you've never been fingerprinted.  It just isn't necessary.  

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#15]
I was fingerprinted in '82 for CCl in IN. No real problem!

It still cracks me up that people do not see the bullshit. It cost me another  $95 so I can go do the same productive TAX paying jog I have for the last 15 years and assure you, if I decided to be dangerous I could----as everyone else could be. Guilty, before Innocent----where does it stop?

Let's have some fun!

Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Back up the truck.  No one here should think that getting fingerprinted for Hazmat is a good idea.  If you have a birth certificate, SSN, etc., that should be enough to identify you.  Shit, I'm a doctor and I don't have to get fingerprinted.  Well, that's not entirely true depending on which state you work in (and also see below about the VA).  California (surprise surprise) requires all physicians to be fingerprinted.  I didn't even need fingerprints to get a DEA#.    

[tin foil hat ON] But the more people 'they' can get into the system the better it is for them.  If they happen to find your prints at a crime scene then it makes their job easier.  Anything in the name of making it easier for the state to keep a bead on you.  Do you think that taking your prints makes this country any safer?? [tin foil hat OFF]

The question is:  "What are you willing to do about it?".  One of my anatomy professors, who was a board-certified pathologist, had previously worked at the VA.  One day, the powers that be were going through his file and told him that he had never been fingerprinted which was a requirement (IIRC this is true for all Fed jobs).  Instead of rolling over, he told them to pound sand (in a polite way) and they fired his ass.  

I haven't lost any sleep over getting fingerprinted after I had my prints taken in Canada at the age of 17 in a failed attempt to join the military (another example of the retarded Canadian gov't at work).  Once you're in the system it really doesn't matter.  If you've never been fingerprinted before I can understand your angst.  Hell, as I've already stated, I can understand your angst even if you've never been fingerprinted.  It just isn't necessary.  

Thank-you sir C-4!! You know what I am getting at!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

You should see the heated discussions I get into with my parents.  They both grew up in Communist Hungary.  My mother doesn't quite grasp the concept of private firearms ownership even though she used to tell me stories of Russian soldiers breaking into the store her mother ran for the State and steal vodka.  "But they're scary, and what if you get angry and shoot someone!"

My dad didn't think there was anything wrong with having a whole village in England DNA tested to find a murderer.  His argument was the whole 'if you have nothing to hide' and 'the greater good'.

I swear most people would allow themselves to be tatooed with a serial number on their forearmhead in the name of 'Homeland Security'.

The irony:  As I type this I have a Bulgarian Makarov in my holster.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fingerprints for a driver's license?

Did you have to kiss a framed photograph of Stalin too?

Jim
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:01:14 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You should see the heated discussions I get into with my parents.  They both grew up in Communist Hungary.  My mother doesn't quite grasp the concept of private firearms ownership even though she used to tell me stories of Russian soldiers breaking into the store her mother ran for the State and steal vodka.  "But they're scary, and what if you get angry and shoot someone!"

My dad didn't think there was anything wrong with having a whole village in England DNA tested to find a murderer.  His argument was the whole 'if you have nothing to hide' and 'the greater good'.

I swear most people would allow themselves to be tatooed with a serial number on their forearmhead in the name of 'Homeland Security'.

The irony:  As I type this I have a Bulgarian Makarov in my holster.

Whole lot of people here that have "know" clue, license, or marketable skills, and on top of that, want to back down from their rights in favor of a new computer game. Here come the CYBER SHEEPLE!!!  

I was doing this shit whan they were still a misguided thought................in............you know.

The kids will never it!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:02:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

That was in 80, is it different now???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 8:07:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jim

That was in 80, is it different now???

Well, I was being facetious, but I don't recall being fingerprinted to obtain a driver's license.  Not the first time, and not for any renewal.

I suppose I could have forgotten...but I think I'd have remembered that.

Jim
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#22]
I got fingerprinted when I worked for a school system and was going to be both a mechanic and a bus driver.

The art teacher did the fingerprints for the school system and after he tossed a couple cards he looked at my fingers.  Since I was a mechanic my fingers were pretty beat up, so all the marks and stuff were scraped fingerprint ridges or calluses and what not.  So for the bad print cards there may be an actual reason for the bad looking prints.  He made a note on the card or something and said at worst there could be questions about if I intentionally damaged my fingerprints or something but nothing ever came from that.

I don't currently drive for a living and if I had a haz mat endorsement I know full well I would let it expire because the cost of their regulations is stupid.  And really the same goes for any more costs on cdl licenses that come down the road.  "They" seem to want to hassle and further tax those who work for a living and I am tired of it.

Overall I thought driving was great since a school bus runs around with impunity for the most part, I figure no officer in commercial enforcement wants to mess with a driver who has a loaded bus.

After driving a dump truck for a bit I got fed up with the more normal routines truckers deal with and I know full well I could not handle this haz mat junk.

Oh, by impunity I mean that the commercial enforcment sherrif car does not bother the school buses other than their yearly inspection and something major.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top