Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2006 5:54:13 AM EDT
Any suggestinos.

I haved used limewire in the past. Yet recently (not really more like 2weeks ago) it seems to bog down my box. I have no idea why it use to work soooo good, now it runs like crap.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 5:56:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Limewire is what I have been using.

But you should really stop treating objects like women, man.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#2]
www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1 if you are on broadband.

Running an IP blocker like PeerGuardian.  phoenixlabs.org/
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 8:58:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Limewire seems to work the best. Don't opt to start it automatically, don't have it scan your computer for files to share, disable ultrakeeper abilities. disable chat, don't share with i-tunes, don't allow partial sharing.

to have your computer running at a good speed have a gig of RAM, a 1.5Ghz or faster cpu, and at least a 7200 rpm HD with lots of space. Also if your computer is running slow it may have other things starting at sysstart. Learn how to use "msconfig" and shut down what you don't need.

Use a firewall like Zone Alarm (free). Don't get all the extra trial progz they try to get to you to download. These will only slow down your computer and nag you to buy them.

Get a gateway/router with a NAT firewall (if you are using broadband). Linksys routers seem to be the best for the money.

To avoid comunication with the RIAA move your downloaded music and movies to another folder on your computer as soon as they are done downloading, and don't download the most popular titles(there is a reason so many 12 year olds learn about the RIAA).  

when you are done downloading right click the LimeWire systray icon and select exit to completely shut down LimeWire. If you don't it will continue to use system resources that will prevent your computer from running at optimum speeds.  

and the best way to not bog down your computer and maintain maximum security, use the old sneaker network. Get a flash drive and share with your firends without using the internet.
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:47:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Is it possible to acquire a discography of bands with emule?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 8:21:43 AM EDT
[#5]
bittorrent

-d
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
bittorrent

-d

+1 BT FTW!!!
Link Posted: 1/12/2006 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#7]
Try UTorrent it is light weight and a really good program. Also make sure you load Ipfilters in it so you dont get the stupid RIAA Nazi's after you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top