User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/18/2014 10:34:11 PM EDT

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 10:35:55 PM EDT
[#1]
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:11:40 PM EDT
[#2]
The Peshmerga are the only capable fighters in the entire country. I wish them well in holding all their territory. The Iraqi Army on the other hand is a fucking joke. No matter who the opposition is, their first instinct when the going gets tough is to tear off their uniforms and flee. They aren't worth a cunt full of cow slobber.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:27:27 PM EDT
[#3]
The Kurds must really not have much loyalty to the standing Iraqi government. What I don't understand is why the Kurdish troops don't attack ISIS while they are weak.
Link Posted: 6/18/2014 11:35:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Guy in the refugee camp sounds like FSA to the max.

He looks like he is of fighting age & shape, go make your own breaks or pick up a gun and take back what's yours.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:13:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Kurds must really not have much loyalty to the standing Iraqi government. What I don't understand is why the Kurdish troops don't attack ISIS while they are weak.
View Quote

No one said they were smart, just fight hard
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 12:36:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

You answered your own question.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 1:17:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

To what end?

If your desired end state is international recognition as a sovereign nation, what would be your strategy?
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:26:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Interesting dynamics and great insight in to what is happening over there...that reporter has some big balls walking around in the open like that.
Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:43:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

They don't have any loyalty to the Iraqi government and would just as soon be rid of them... which probably explains why they are leaving ISIS alone, it's just not their fight. Their territory might be within Iraqi lines on the map but it is considered an "autonomous region" and they are independent in all but name.

Link Posted: 6/19/2014 4:44:34 AM EDT
[#10]
so, isis doesn't want to start a fight with a force known to be hard fighters that won't back down? here's my shocked face.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top