Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 6:09:52 AM EDT
OK, I've asked in another thread why non-church-going people don't go.  This is the place where we can post why we go.  Not looking for arguments here, just why you attend.  

I'll start

1.  I believe in Jesus and believe He wants me there.
2.  I learn from my fellow Christians and they encourage me.
3.  I get the opportunity to share what I know with others.
4.  I used to be able to say I enjoyed the music (not so much where I go now).
5.  I'm the preacher so it's kind of expected
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:31:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I attend church regularly, but its not a Christian church.  

1) fellowship with likeminded people
2) our preacher has an interesting way of examing things and bringing things you might not have thought of to light
3) we have guest speakers periodically who are usually experts in their fields

Link Posted: 1/3/2006 6:37:26 AM EDT
[#2]

Pro 27:17  Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Mat 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Shok
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:01:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I go to church because of community, education, and involvement.

Sure I can read the Bible and pray anywhere, but the Church I can do it with others and raise that level of prayer exponentially.  Plus church is where I will met other like minded Christians that I can share education and experience with.  

But the main reason is the sacrament of Holy Communion, which really is the whole purpose of the Catholic mass.  Every single part of the Catholic Mass is geared towards the receiving of Holy Communion.  By going to Church I am literally receiving the gift of Jesus Christ as my saviour that day.  While I can do this anywhere the act of communion is powerful.

Makes me wish I would have woken up earily today and had goon this morning.

But alas........
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:36:03 AM EDT
[#4]
For the zeal of thine house hath eaten me up; Psalms 69:9a

I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the LORD. Psalms 122:1

Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. Hebrews 10:25

And, <drum roll>, the most important reason...

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:20

And we have the example of the First Century Church in the Scriptures, gathering together on the First Day of the week.

Eric The(FirstCentury)Hun
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 8:48:43 AM EDT
[#5]
1. I want to go.
2. I feel I need to go.
3. I feel I should go.
4. Jesus said one should go.
5. I like the fellowship and instruction.
6. My church is like my family.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:00:44 AM EDT
[#6]
If you really, really don't like church, and the worship services that occur there, I sincerely doubt that you will enjoy Heaven, nor do I think it's likely you'll have to worry about it.

Ever.

Eric The(Eternal,OneWayOrTheOther)Hun
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 9:43:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If you really, really don't like church, and the worship services that occur there, I sincerely doubt that you will enjoy Heaven, nor do I think it's likely you'll have to worry about it.

Ever.

Eric The(Eternal,OneWayOrTheOther)Hun

+1x10^X

Why join a club that you hate the rules and think the leader is not real?
I guess I just don't get it.

Randy (doesn'tcastpearlsbeforetheswine)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:11:29 AM EDT
[#8]
1. To learn. I know I dont know much, I want to learn.
2. Cover all my options
3. Help others (food bank, money etc..)
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:18:51 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

1.  I believe in Jesus and believe He wants me there.
2.  I learn from my fellow Christians and they encourage me.
3.  I get the opportunity to share what I know with others.
4.  I used to be able to say I enjoyed the music (not so much where I go now).

Quoted:
Pro 27:17  Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.
Mat 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

Shok

What they said!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top