Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2004 5:33:49 AM EDT
http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/09/12/gun.ban.ap/index.html

"The law's chief sponsor, Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, is urging retailers not to sell the disputed weapons, while hoping for a change in the nation's political climate."

Urging retailers who she basically threatened with jailtime and has done everything she could to drive out of business...Now she's trying to get them to do voluntarily that which she previously forced through by law.

Sorry, bitch. The hammer's out of your hand now.

And here's another kicker...First she appeals to gun seller's "decency", then she says this:

"The bill's not perfect; we could have written a better bill," Feinstein says now. "I just didn't know how craven the gun manufacturers would be."

What a pig.

I'd love to get an "appeal" from Feinstein were I a gun dealer. I'dsend her back a picture of bargain priced newly legal gear heading out the door.

Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:37:02 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
What a pig.

Sounds like we need another poll.  

Would muslims consider Dianne F. unclean?

I vote YES.  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:38:14 AM EDT
[#2]
He said the M word... everyone run!

- BG
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:39:11 AM EDT
[#3]
The bitch has gall, alright.  What she needs is retirement on a remote desert island where she can have all the gall she wants.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:42:46 AM EDT
[#4]
I want to see StyerAUG's e-mail response to Dianne.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:43:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Yes, even they would consider her unclean.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:44:15 AM EDT
[#6]
DIE BITCH DIE!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 5:57:50 AM EDT
[#8]
Disputed weapons?  WTF is she talking about? What dispute?  
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:08:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Now we have to prepare for the next ban, which will have teeth. If Kerry would by some chance win, I'll going on a spending binge hoping for the next grandfather clause.

You know it will come up again. Maybe she is happy it died so she can "do it right" next time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:28:56 AM EDT
[#10]
If Kommunist Kerry wins, there will be time to stock up before he gets into office.  But it would be very bad after that.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:30:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Now we have to prepare for the next ban, which will have teeth. If Kerry would by some chance win, I'll going on a spending binge hoping for the next grandfather clause.

You know it will come up again. Maybe she is happy it died so she can "do it right" next time.

There will not be a grandfather clause in the next one.   The next one is going to be the "Real Deal" attack on out liberty.  The leftists were learning too, when they passed the AWB.  They now know even when the law passed in 1994 they had indeed failed completely.  

100 percent chance that some lunatic is going to shoot up a school or church or day care; something that has EMOTIONAL value.  Notice MOST of the time when there is an "assault weapon" shooting it is a ridiculous event with NO PROFIT for the criminal if he gets away.  Most criminals are motivated by two things: Personal gain or revenge upon a specific person.  It takes a special kind of criminal to just walk into a random school and start blowing people away.  It takes an even more devious and deranged person to PAY SOMEONE TO DO IT.

The ONLY thing that is going to save us from gun prohibition is going to be a violent and wide-spread attack by terrorists inside our borders.  When people suddenly feel as if the government can no longer protect them and their children; our fear of confiscation of weapons will evaporate.  

These are truly terrible times in which we live.  We are being attacked at all levels:
Personal Level = " you are a right-wing, lunatic, war-monger who wants to just slaughter people"
Political Level  = A vastly different belief system is trying to get itself elected to RULE over you
Ideological Level = People with ideas destructive to our way of life are using all means possible to
                           change the mindset of our external allies and change the mindset of unwitting
                           citizens of our country; the news media, Hollywood, agents of influence.
Physical Level = This is the most simple and self-evident; terrorists and nations of evil, intent on
                       dealing us actual and immediate death and destruction rather then subjugation.

If any of these attacks succeed, it all ends the same.  The country into which we were born will cease to exist and millions upon millions of people will suffer a fate worse then death....a life without freedom and no hope that their children will be free.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:33:15 AM EDT
[#12]
Yep, the good Senator Fienstein is definitely upset about the '94 AWB expiring since this was her baby. The Dems had expected to extend the ban permanently, but things are way different today than it was 10 years ago. The Dem paid a very high price for its passage, ie it caused them to loose control of both houses of Congress and they lost some real senior members such as Jack Brooks & Tom Foley. She definitely having a bad hair day.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Threats of violence, no matter being vague, are not allowed ...CnL
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:39:39 AM EDT
[#14]
Can you image the logistics of the enforcement of a total ban on semi auto rifles?

If they had to fair market value we would bankrupt the federal governememt.

More likely they will try for CA ban.  You can keep them if they are registered but you can't sell or trade them.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:41:17 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Duhhh, this looks like a veiled threat to a presidential candidate to me.....

Not kosher, IMO.

Mike
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:44:50 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
]

Don't be an ass.  Edit that post out.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Can you image the logistics of the enforcement of a total ban on semi auto rifles?

More likely they will try for CA ban.  You can keep them if they are registered but you can't sell or trade them.

They won't pay you for your gun when they come for it. The next ban is going to be Draconian.  You LOSE your freedom with no compensation.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:06:39 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

They won't pay you for your gun when they come for it. The next ban is going to be Draconian.  You LOSE your freedom with no compensation.

I don't think they could do it.  Think about the lawsuits hell I would personally lose ~$10,000 imagine what an FFL would lose.  It would have to be like the CA ban.  You regiter it and can keep it but never sell or trade it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:31:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "next" ban?  Don't elect reps that would let it happen. VOTE!
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What "next" ban?  Don't elect reps that would let it happen. VOTE!

Since I live in Kali-fornia, we have a 60/30/10% Dems/Repubs/others registered voters. That is a real tough row to hoe, and people like Senators Feinstein & Boxer usually will easily re-elected. We have many people who are on the public dole, ie welfare receipiants and teachers, this edge is really hard to overcome, but it is possible, but not likely. For example, former Gov Grey Davis has so f'cked up this state, that it brought Ahnold to the governorship. The people have to be really pissed in order to dump a Dem.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

How is this a threat. All I ment was that he'll have a war to deal with(same as Kennedy had Nam), geez you guys need to lighten up a bit.

YEAH ...... Right...... CnL
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:43:09 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

pushing the envelope, are we?
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:58:21 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:25:45 AM EDT
[#24]
Point 1) The U.S. was in S.E.Asia before Kennedy was elected and after the election he inhearited the war and ended up making it worse.
If Kerry is elected he will end up inheariting a war and he'll probably make it worse.

Point 2) Kennedy had to deal with nukes that could hit U.S. targets.
If Kerry is elected he'll have to deal with nukes(Iran and N.Korea) that can hit U.S. targets.

If Kerry is elected he'll have alot in common with JFK.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:40:10 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Point 1) The U.S. was in S.E.Asia before Kennedy was elected and after the election he inhearited the war and ended up making it worse.
If Kerry is elected he will end up inheariting a war and he'll probably make it worse.

Point 2) Kennedy had to deal with nukes that could hit U.S. targets.
If Kerry is elected he'll have to deal with nukes(Iran and N.Korea) that can hit U.S. targets.

If Kerry is elected he'll have alot in common with JFK.

I did not get a chance to see your deleted post, but these are valid observations.
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 10:00:39 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Nonsense.  It is your job to examine the bills which you fly your flag for, for completeness.  You KNOW that the people are required to follow the letter of the law.  When they do follow the letter, but not the spirit that you intended, that means they are obeying it as written and not circumventing it.
The fact that you got hornswaggled by the craven gun manufacturers means you were NOT doing your job as a lawmaker.
And for that I hope your constitutients throw you out of office for dereliction of duty.

What sent DiFi over the edge was the killing of lawyers, not the burger eaters and not the schoolyard occupants.  Yep, "kill all the lawyers" still gets the legislators a little edgy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top