Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/10/2015 9:43:22 AM EDT
Language warning:

(searched Father, Slap, Gang, Gangster, Gangsta)

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:46:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Your title reads like you had a stroke.
But kudos for embedding the video.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:47:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:47:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

WTF..lol..I will fix it.

ETA: Fix't.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

WTF..lol..I will fix it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF..lol..I will fix it.

Much better.
Didn't mean to give you shit.  

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:55:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Ahhh good ol' tough love
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#6]

Well done, dad. Sometimes you need the stupid slapped out of you.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:58:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Didn't this kid just get killed recently? Or was that another story?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:59:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Looks good to me.

"Get ready, or get rolled".  I like that.  I like that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 9:59:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ahhh good ol' tough love
View Quote

Better that than the eventual prison love.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:00:08 AM EDT
[#10]
At least dad is around and seems to care. That's more than you can say for at least 87% of that culture.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:01:11 AM EDT
[#11]
No vertical bars.
No WURLDSAAA.
would not watch again.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:03:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/284/922/0e3.png

View Quote

Yup, good slap in my book. That's what parenting is suppose to look like
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Now THAT'S how you parent.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:04:36 AM EDT
[#14]
I could barely understand a word that he said, but whatever. If you guys say that he's one of the good guys, I'll believe you. To me, it looked like he just wanted to act cool in front of the camera.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:05:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I could barely understand a word that he said, but whatever. If you guys say that he's one of the good guys, I'll believe you. To me, it looked like he just wanted to act cool in front of the camera.
View Quote

That's what you got from that?....

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:08:29 AM EDT
[#16]
He did good by me but putting it on youtube might have some negative consequences.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:09:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For real.    You may not articulate the lingo but at least he's tryingn to straighten his kid out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:12:16 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, kudos to him.

Sad that he is only one out of millions.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:13:14 AM EDT
[#19]
Incredible what having a father will do for a young man. I imagine that if that kid didn't have that dad, he'd already be in a gang, have killed someone, be in jail or already be dead.

I'm sure some here will say the dad is a thug also, but if you listen to what he says, that couldn't be farther from the truth.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:20:39 AM EDT
[#20]
The father was talking a bunch of garble-de-goop I couldn't understand.  I hope there was a poignant message in there.

Anyone remember the after school ads "I learned it from watching you dad." ?
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:27:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Everybody wants to be a gangster until it's time to do gangster sh*t.

The kid did one thing right. He didn't test Dad.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:29:26 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Language warning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0PdWSdM9A
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:29:59 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Didn't this kid just get killed recently? Or was that another story?
View Quote
Damn was it by same gang he wanted to join but daddy would let him?

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:33:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy looks like a punk and talks like a punk. It is possible that his intentions are genuine in trying to straighten the kid out, but yes, I'm doubtful of his motivation for doing it all on camera, especially when he starts the whole thing out by challenging all of his viewers, and calling them motherfuckers. A decent man doesn't do that.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:35:06 AM EDT
[#26]
You think the kid would have learned from last month when the same thing happened to him.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The father was talking a bunch of garble-de-goop I couldn't understand.  I hope there was a poignant message in there.

View Quote

I am sure some inner city types would say the same for your GA accent...

to say that you could not understand him makes me because while I do not speak in the same manner it was in fact a version of English
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:36:38 AM EDT
[#28]
The 'tards will have him arrested for child cruelty.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The guy looks like a punk and talks like a punk. It is possible that his intentions are genuine in trying to straighten the kid out, but yes, I'm doubtful of his motivation for doing it all on camera, especially when he starts the whole thing out by challenging all of his viewers, and calling them motherfuckers. A decent man doesn't do that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

nah that part was fine. Hood rats are like radical Islamist the only thing they understand is heavy handed in your face I will fuck you up if you get out of line authority.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:42:09 AM EDT
[#30]
Where's the love? At least a hug afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:43:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He is doing it on camera so that the kids "Gang Friends" can see it...as a warning
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:45:57 AM EDT
[#32]
Good slap.

Might get his kid killed, tho.

Hope for the best if the kid can pull his head out.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:54:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

He is doing it on camera so that the kids "Gang Friends" can see it...as a warning
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Again, that's possible, but I'm conditioned to profile people who look, talk and act like that. I fully concede that in a perfect world, that's not an ideal approach to take for someone I don't even know, but this world is far from ideal; life and observation have taught me who to trust and distrust.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#34]
Despite the dialect, Dad is educated, it's pretty clear by a few phrases he says.

Also A+ this is how parenting is done.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:58:35 AM EDT
[#35]
Dad's "speaking the language" his son understands.  Obviously other methods aren't going to be effective.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's mainly calling out the gangstas.  He's proving to his son that they are chickenshit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:01:32 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote

Um, I don't think he was acting.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This isn't mayberry r.f.d. It's an urban environment. You don't speak the lingo, one gets ignored.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#39]
I respect a man who keeps law in his house.

Hope the kid makes it out of the danger zone.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:04:43 AM EDT
[#40]
If I had a gang.......I would try to get dad to join my gang.  He looked like a tough dude.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:06:05 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Again, that's possible, but I'm conditioned to profile people who look, talk and act like that. I fully concede that in a perfect world, that's not an ideal approach to take for someone I don't even know, but this world is far from ideal; life and observation have taught me who to trust and distrust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lots and lots of people have lived full and successful lives while being quite narrow minded.  It's not a big deal if you happen to be one of them.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:07:58 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol, he wasn't challenging the viewers. He was saying that to the gang members & his sons "friends" who he knows will see that video. A decent man does what he can to protect his family. He's talking like that, because that is the only way his son will understand. It is not the way certain people interact, myself included, but to think that his method of parenting is wrong because it's not the way you do it, is ignorant. I applaud him for wanting to get his son on the right track.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:11:16 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

At least dad is around and seems to care. That's more than you can say for at least 87% of that culture.
View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:14:05 AM EDT
[#44]
If only there were more black fathers at home, there would be a lot less kids getting shot while attacking police.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:19:06 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Language warning:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hS0PdWSdM9A

View Quote

Id buy that father a beer.  I patrolled the hood, and never saw that.  Parents like this are what are needed, but I bet CPS or DFACS will stick their noses in this because "for the children" and that bullshit.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:22:08 AM EDT
[#46]
That's a good father. Tough love is sometimes the only love.
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:22:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Good parent and parenting.
Cant blame him for trying to keep his kid out of trouble.

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:22:52 AM EDT
[#48]
ETA:  First doubletap
Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 3/10/2015 11:32:01 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

to say that you could not understand him makes me because while I do not speak in the same manner it was in fact a version of English
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess I have conditioned myself to stop listening when I hear a bunch of "Motherfuckers" and "N-words" being spouted.  "version of English"  Laughable.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top