Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:20:22 PM EDT
Ok, well I got out of class and came home to a voicemail saying my 16 year old sister is in the hospital and will be getting her appendix removed. Ok, big deal, sucks to be her. So I called her and chatted with her a while. She ended up having to wait for around 10 hours for the surgery (an extra 5 hours or so than what they were originally told). So, she gets her appendix removed. I just called mom who said they also removed a fibroid tumor from her ovaries. Other than thinking "keep your hands away from my sister's ovaries!" I was thankful that it was benign and also that they found it.

So, mom calls me back again to chat it up about my sis. She says she won't be able to go back to school for about 10 days because the incision could pop back open and she could get a hernia if she fell or was jostled. Well, my sister has trouble at school, it takes her a long time to get stuff. This is going to be extremely hard for her to stay caught up and to learn the material. She has a hard enough time when she is in school for the class. Then my mom says "oh, ExtremelyNiceCuteGirlThatGoesToChurchWithUS got raped Saturday." Well, ENCGTGTCWU is one of the sweetest girls I have ever met. She was at a party and got drugged. She didn't realize she got raped until she realized there were several hours from that night that she couldn't remember or account for, so she started asking around. She went to the hospital and they confirmed that she had been drugged and raped. If the asshole that did this to her were to be known to me...well, it wouldn't be pretty. ENCGTGTCWU's dad was my dentist, her mom was like a mom to me when I was in the church's youth group (I am 20 now, she is 21), her sister is like my sister. The whole family is just the nicest group of people ever. They were going to be leaving for Haiti for a mission trip today when they found this out so they are going to KC to visit her. Man I'm pissed. I am glad my sister is ok, but I am pissed that someone did this to a friend. Like I said, if I knew who did this, there are many things I'd love to do to them.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
sounds like a rough weekend, bud  

keep us updated and vent when needed  
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Hate to read stuff like that. You are always welcome here for a shoulder...or two. Hang in there!
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:37:44 AM EDT
[#3]
If you find out who did it, my weekends are free for a road trip.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 3:59:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry this had to happen man.
Like the other ladies said though, come here anytime you need a shoulder or two.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:07:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Friend of mine was raped not too long ago. She told the police instead of me. Smart girl, cause if I got involved I'd probably do some serious time for my actions. She'll be OK.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:12:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I'll bet that there will be at least one witness to this story.  SOMEONE besides the drugger knows who the likely culprit is.  BTW, was there only one rapist and was she at a frat party?  

My husband and his cousins attended one once and noticed frat guys leading an extremely drunk girl toward some bushes... probably not so she could puke.  They intervened and remanded her to the custody of her sorority sisters, but not without resistance from the #@!bags.  Married into a family of  "guardians"... aren't they the best?

Guess some guys have a hard time getting a "real" date.

The first month in college, the frat guys would call freshman girls in their dorm rooms and invite them to parties.  The answer was a no-brainer for me... hOH"
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:05:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

....and real friends will help you bury the body.

TXL
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 10:14:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

....and real friends will help you bury the body.

TXL

<----lives close to Missouri, has a shovel, can free up a weekend if needed.

<---not a big fan of rapists in general.

In all seriousness, I'm sorry to hear about all of that. I will pray for your sister and friend.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Well, they found out who raped her. It was not a frat party. Her boyfriend was out of town so she went to a party at a friends apartment or some such. According to my mom, the last thing she remembers was all of a sudden not feeling well and going to the bedroom to lay down. I guess they asked around and found out who it was. I think everyone there mostly knew each other. I believe mom said the person is in jail. They don't know for SURE that the rapist is the one who drugged her though. I do not know who the person is or where they live....but maybe with a little prying I could find out. It is probably best if I do not though.....but man would I love to take a day trip to KC and teach this bastard a lesson. Heck, I could LEGALLY do that too....if he goes to prison spread the word he raped little girls and was a pedo, etc, prisoners don't take real kindly to child molesters.

Edit: On another note, my sister is fine. She is sore from the surgery and can't go back to school for another week because the incision could be messed up if she got jostled. Missing this much school is going to kill her. Not because she likes school that much (though the boredom will kill her too), but she has such a hard time with some of the stuff. She'll probably just have to drop spanish, there will be no way she'll be able to get a C in it.

Thanks for the thoughts (and offers), I appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top