Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/10/2006 8:44:45 AM EDT
Just thought everyone could use a good healthy dose of insanity to make life a little more interesting.
Here is a video that I thought was a parody at first, but sadly realized it was serious. I fear that the mental illness called liberalism is spreading. Here is a good example of evidence: Just click on the "watch my fancy video" icon in the upper left hand corner.

Fancy UN Man
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:47:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:52:32 AM EDT
[#2]
that is sad.  Anybody here good with flash?  I wanna have uncle sam shoot that hippie at his birthday party.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:54:53 AM EDT
[#3]
My favorite part was when the UN Man tried to break up a fight, all he could do was stand there and shout "Stop Fighting!", and when it didn't work, he went off into the woods to sit in the fetal position and cry.
"All I wanted to do was destroy some weapons and protect the environment! Sob Sob.."
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:55:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
minutemanpatriot.homestead.com/files/ScrewUN.jpg

Now that's a jpeg that I just had to save.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:55:36 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
that is sad.  Anybody here good with flash?  I wanna have uncle sam shoot that hippie at his birthday party.  

That would be sweet.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 8:58:05 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My favorite part was when the UN Man tried to break up a fight, all he could do was stand there and shout "Stop Fighting!", and when it didn't work, he went off into the woods to sit in the fetal position and cry.
"All I wanted to do was destroy some weapons and protect the environment! Sob Sob.."

That was my favorite part, too.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:01:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I thought it was a joke.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Um, er, uh...

I think I'll pass.

Dear [Decision Maker],

As you join the largest gathering of world leaders in history at the 60th anniversary meeting of the United Nations, we, the undersigned, call upon you to exercise determined U.S. leadership to forge a United Nations that is stronger, more effective and capable of tackling the challenges of a new century.

The United Nations stands today as the one place where all the world's countries come together to promote democracy, protect human rights, end poverty, meet the threat of global terrorism and move us all toward a better, safer world. The founding principles of the United Nations broader freedom, greater cooperation, and deeper respect are the result of U.S. leadership. Now the United States must lead again, working with our friends and allies to strengthen the UN so it can respond to the challenges of the twenty-first century.

We earnestly hope that the U.S. maintains its previous commitments to support proposals like a UN Democracy Fund, Peacebuilding Commission, and a new Human Rights Council, proposals that also enjoy broad acceptance among UN member states.

We believe it is critical for the U.S. commit to the principle of the Responsibility to Protect civilians in any country from crimes against humanity, genocide, war crimes, and ethnic cleansing when their countries fail to do so; the achievement of the Millennium Development Goals including reaching a target of 0.7 percent for Official Development Assistance (ODA); and a comprehensive plan to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to combat the growing threat of global warming.

We also call upon you to continue the U.S. commitment to pay our obligations to the UN on time and without restrictions.

Right now, our nation faces pressing international challenges, from the nuclear threats of North Korea and Iran to the ongoing violence in Sudan. By ensuring that the UN has the tools to meet these global challenges, we can share the burdens and costs with other countries. We have many recent examples, such as tsunami relief in Southeast Asia and elections in Afghanistan and Iraq, of the UN's ability to promote peace, democracy and development around the globe. We must ensure the UN can continue to improve on such successes.

We have a tremendous opportunity to show the world that the United States is committed to making the UN work for us, and for everyone, to solve the problems that no one nation can solve alone.

As all leaders do, our President needs to listen to our friends and urge them to share responsibility for solving common problems. That means working together to strengthen the United Nations. It is the smart way to get things done. It is an investment in the security of every American, and it reflects America at its best.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State ZIP]

The UN can't even get the diplomats to pay parking tickets. Like I said, I'll pass.

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:03:26 AM EDT
[#10]
I stay out of threads with the word "fancy" in the title...

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:15:02 AM EDT
[#11]
WTF??!!

That thing was for real??!!

Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:39:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Stop Fighting!

Whaaaa!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:43:03 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#14]
I love this thread with my entire body
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#15]
I am tired of waiting for the UN to wither on the vine.  I want it to die a sudden and violent death.

But they have become so irrelevant, it is easier to just ignore them.  The problem is, they won't ignore us.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top