Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
9/16/2019 10:09:13 PM
Posted: 3/16/2009 6:10:05 PM EDT
Anyone else down?

Already signed up for the Baystate Marathon on October 18th and will also be signing up for the St George marathon on October 3rd. Not sure If I will get in to the St George though due to the lottery like entries.

I did my research and these 2 seem like the best bet. Was originally going to do Chicago but the 40k participant thing is a huge turnoff. Baystate is capped off at 2k and St George is 7k if I recall correctly.

Going to try my hardest to Boston Qualify, we will see how that works out
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 6:31:33 PM EDT
I keep thinking about running a marathon or an ultra, but I can't give up the bike long enough to really train for one the way that I should. No way I'm going to run 26.2 just for kicks. Plus I already registered for Savageman 1/2 Iron in Sept.
Link Posted: 3/16/2009 7:26:26 PM EDT
I've always been humbled by ultras. I would love to do a 100 miler in the next couple years but first my goal is to BQ.

One step at a time for now.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 1:57:42 AM EDT
I'm thinking more in the 50K-50 mile range. I like my tendons and toenails too much to try a 100 miler.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 5:11:32 AM EDT
I think I am going to do the "Akron Roadrunner Marathon" in September. Still considering a Spring Marathon, Never done a spring one before.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 5:19:36 AM EDT
This is a good time to bring up my sister's site again. Check it out if you're a runner.

http://www.runningintheusa.com/
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 5:19:44 AM EDT
The Richmond half-marathon may be in the cards, though I am thinking about racing 'cross instead.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 7:54:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 3/17/2009 7:57:47 AM EDT by Joedan]
Originally Posted By JellyBelly:
This is a good time to bring up my sister's site again. Check it out if you're a runner.

http://www.runningintheusa.com/

Not a bad site at all. I bookmarked it for future reference

1/2's are fun too. Hell I never thought I would do a full marathon but once you put the time and effort in for that much you figure why not do the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 10:40:52 AM EDT
I am doing my first half on Apr 25th in Nashville and depending on how it goes an how training goes after it, I will look at doing the full in Memphis in December. I am going to do the half there for sure but I am not sure if I can build the base miles that I need to attempt a full in my first year/ year in a half of running regularly.
Link Posted: 3/17/2009 11:34:33 AM EDT
I'm running a half on May 17th.

If I can keep my mileage up, I will be looking to run a fall marathon. Either Akron or the Tow Path Marathon.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:20:54 PM EDT
I did a 50k trail race a month and a half ago and my body still hurts . I guess Ill take a break from ultras.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 5:22:02 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Redman19:
I am doing my first half on Apr 25th in Nashville and depending on how it goes an how training goes after it, I will look at doing the full in Memphis in December. I am going to do the half there for sure but I am not sure if I can build the base miles that I need to attempt a full in my first year/ year in a half of running regularly.

Country Music? I ran it last year and Ill be going up this year to cheer on some friends.
Link Posted: 3/18/2009 6:07:47 PM EDT
Originally Posted By InjunJoe:
I did a 50k trail race a month and a half ago and my body still hurts . I guess Ill take a break from ultras.

Yea, if I do one it will most likely be a 1 time thing. I still say most likely because who knows what will happen. Either way I will bet youre still happy you did it

Link Posted: 3/18/2009 6:40:38 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Joedan:

Yea, if I do one it will most likely be a 1 time thing. I still say most likely because who knows what will happen. Either way I will bet youre still happy you did it

YES! It was the greatest run of my life. Mountain Mist 50k in Huntsville, AL if anyone is looking for an amazing trail ultra.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 10:47:15 AM EDT

Country Music? I ran it last year and Ill be going up this year to cheer on some friends.

Yep it will be the CMM. I am kinda nervous about the hills everyone is talking about nut I have been working some hills so maybe it won't be too bad.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 1:53:17 PM EDT

Yep it will be the CMM. I am kinda nervous about the hills everyone is talking about nut I have been working some hills so maybe it won't be too bad.

They weren't that bad, at least not on the full. Its a really great atmosphere, I think you will enjoy it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 7:15:39 PM EDT
Some of the old guys I run with kicked ass in the 50-59 AG including 1st place Grand Master 5:14 at 53 yrs old!!
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 5:15:44 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cervelorider:
Some of the old guys I run with kicked ass in the 50-59 AG including 1st place Grand Master 5:14 at 53 yrs old!!

Love the username. What model(s) do you ride?

I'm currently on an '07 P2C and an '08 R3SL (Ltd edition w/ SRAM Red).
Link Posted: 3/20/2009 12:34:00 PM EDT
I'm currently on an '07 P2C and an '08 R3SL (Ltd edition w/ SRAM Red).
I have two cervelos but they are both the old '02 model ONE the black with yellow graphics(the one that won IMCanada in '02). I have made improvements to both but they are still both aluminum dinosaurs. However, if I want to go faster all I need to do is push more watts which is the hard part. I almost pulled the trigger on a new felt B-12 since Cervelo has abandoned 650's for all the mid-sized frames. That was until BHO was elected and I decided to squirrell the money away.

You have some sweet rides, is the P2C the silver/black or the red and silver I'm not familar with a Ltd version of the R3.
Link Posted: 3/21/2009 11:33:29 AM EDT
I do have two sweet bikes. The P2C is the blue/black color from '06 which was offered on a limited amount of '07 bikes (mine is an '07). The R3SL Ltd edition came stock w/ full SRAM Red gruppo and Zipp 303 wheels. I sold the wheels since I'm riding PowerTap.

I was on a used SLC, but couldn't pass up the deal on a Ltd edition closeout in late '08.

I started on an aluminum Soloist ('05) and an '06 P2SL. Cervelo's aluminum bikes are great too - I build part time for a local shop so they cut me a deal every so often to support my habit.
Link Posted: 3/23/2009 5:04:19 PM EDT
Yes you do have some sweet bikes! I'm glad I didn't buy the new Felt it would have not gotten used properly. I only ride now two nights a week on the trainer and haven't even been on the road this year. I'm not motivated to do the ball busting work I did for the last six years on the bike. Keep the rubber on the road!
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 8:52:48 PM EDT
Originally Posted By H46Driver:
The Richmond half-marathon may be in the cards, though I am thinking about racing 'cross instead.

Yeah, I'm going to try to see if I can get myself up for the McD's half-marathon in November. I'm not sure a full marathon's likely for me this year, given as I just did my first 10K today. But we'll see.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:47:41 AM EDT
Going to run the San Antonio Rock N Roll in November then Houston in January.

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:49:39 AM EDT
After watching my girlfriend crank out yet another 20 miler training for Boston, I think that the marathon is out for me. It just doesn't seem all that enjoyable and you can really only race maybe twice per year. More power to y'all, but I think that I am going to stick to short course stuff. Faster is funner!
Top Top