Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 4:57:21 PM EDT
"Damnit Grady, this is the president"  

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here, this is the war room"

Just watched Fail Safe and now Strangelove is on. Which is your favorite.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 4:58:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#2]
That's "a mineshaft gap!", Colonel!
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:32:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:34:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#5]
I love both movies, but Dr. Strangelove is the greatest movie of all time.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 6:17:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

It's good, but I wouldn't put it before Lost Highway, A Clockwork Orange, Army Of Darkness, or Natural Born Killers(my favorite love story [i]ever[/i]).
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:06:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Slim Pickens as a '52 pilot, 'nuff said! That would be a heckuva way to go, burnin' in on top of a nuke beatin it with your cowboy hat.
"if you don't reach the president,you'll have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:31:53 PM EDT
[#8]
We've had a little problem with..The bomb.
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Fail Safe.
B-58's are bitchin'...
Link Posted: 6/9/2002 9:56:22 PM EDT
[#10]

"Have you ever heard of a thing called fluoridation? Fluoridation of water?

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?

A foreign substance is introduced into the precious bodily fluids, without the knowledge of the individual and certainly without any free choice. That's the way the commies work.

I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiricy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids.

We must protect the purity of our precious bodily fluids..."

"...God willing, we will prevail in peace and freedom from fear and in true health through the purity and essence of our natural fluids. God bless you all." Then he hung up. We're still trying to figure out the meaning of that last phrase, sir.

Link Posted: 6/9/2002 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.xs4all.nl/~mvburen/b-58/gfx/gallery/11big.jpg[/img]
Boeing and Lockheed......
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 1:33:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Dr. Strangelove is my all-time favorite movie.  If you've never seen it you've missed a good one.  One of the best black comedies of all time.

BTW, the B58 came from Convair, and the XB70 came from North American Aviation.  Both companies are now long gone.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:03:32 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:10:28 AM EDT
[#14]
[img]http://www.tigersweat.com/images/slove02.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:39:28 AM EDT
[#15]
B-58 =  Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Company = Convair = General Dynamics Corporation = Lockheed = Lockheed Martin

XB-70 = North American Aviation = North American Rockwell Corporation = Rockwell International = Boeing

Quoted:
BTW, the B58 came from Convair, and the XB70 came from North American Aviation.  Both companies are now long gone.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:49:56 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
B-58 =  Consolidated Vultee Aircraft Company = Convair = General Dynamics Corporation = Lockheed = Lockheed Martin

XB-70 = North American Aviation = North American Rockwell Corporation = Rockwell International = Boeing

Quoted:
View Quote
View Quote

So it's your contention that the F-86 and F100 are Boeing fighters and the B-36 is a Lockheed-Martin bomber?  I wonder what the guys that flew them would say?
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 11:43:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

It's good, but I wouldn't put it before Lost Highway, A Clockwork Orange, Army Of Darkness, or Natural Born Killers(my favorite love story [i]ever[/i]).
View Quote

What do you know.  You're the ******* who tried to bring fire onto an airplane. [devil]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:05:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Dr. Strangelove is one of my top 5 all-time favorites. I have my own copy and trot it out about once a month for viewing. Never ceases to make me laugh my ass off. My personal favorite part is when Slim Pickens is going through the contents on the survival kit and says, "Shoot, a feller could have a good time in Vegas with all this." Stanley Kubrick did some AWESOME work.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#19]
A bit of trivia for you [b]gamesniper[/b], the actual line that Maj. 'King' Kong (Slim Pickens) used was 'Shoot a fellow could have a pretty good time in [u]Dallas[/u] with all this.'

After Kennedy's assassination in Dallas, a month of so before the movie's release, they had Slim Pickens dub his line with 'Vegas' so as not to remind the audiences, who were seeking a bit of comedy in their lives, of the death of the President!

You can tell that Maj. Kong says 'Dallas' with his lips in the movie!

Eric The(HereForYourAmusement!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#20]
And here's another bit of trivia:  Peter Sellers was originally slated to play the part of Major Kong (in addition to the other 3 roles he played).  Unfortunately, he couldn't hack a Texas accent, so they brought in Slim.

Yet more fascinating useless info:  Slim had a brother named Easy Pickens.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:16:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Fail safe was a good serious movie, but Dr. Strangelove is just hilarious as a satirical piece. Also I'm a Peter Sellers fan

Stepped-init  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top