Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/6/2011 1:24:02 PM EDT
Do you guys buy things as a result of Facebook?  Do gun stores/gun companies, optics ect being on Facebook cause you guys to buy their stuff?

Maybe buy is a strong word.  Are you influenced and exposed to marketing from companies because of social network sites?  Not necessarily purchasing stuff but becoming aware of new prodects, ect?

I'm wondering how effective it would be for my business.  I go on youtube a lot and I must say, I have never seen one of the popup ads on a video.  It pops up but my eyeballs have never glanced at the add, just the "x" up in the corner to get rid of it.  Never read even one of them.

Link Posted: 8/6/2011 1:27:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Do you guys buy things as a result of Facebook?  Do gun stores/gun companies, optics ect being on Facebook cause you guys to buy their stuff?

Maybe buy is a strong word.  Are you influenced and exposed to marketing from companies because of social network sites?  Not necessarily purchasing stuff but becoming aware of new prodects, ect?

I'm wondering how effective it would be for my business.  I go on youtube a lot and I must say, I have never seen one of the popup ads on a video.  It pops up but my eyeballs have never glanced at the add, just the "x" up in the corner to get rid of it.  Never read even one of them.

As far as the Youtube ads go, Im in the same boat as you. I think that is mainly because there is no choice.

However, starting a page on Facebook can be good for business. I know since I liked AIM, I have been..... Influenced to buy a few things I may have otherwise not bought, or known about.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#2]
bump - anyone else?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
i have bought items from vendors who i have liked on facebook because of their adverts on facebook. I have also passed along information to other people i know when i have seen it on FB. Knowing when a new product comes out is a good thing.. The great thing is if you dont want to see their shit you can just unlike it and dont see it any longer.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:38:50 AM EDT
[#4]
In a word: No.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:40:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I think having a presence on FB is a good idea for a small business. When someone "likes" you all their friends see that, and some of those friends may go ahead and look into what you offer...they may "like" it too. Think of it this way- ONE person "likes" you and 200-300 people just saw your business name...

Of course you can also update people with new products and such. I wouldn't do it too often though, or they'll block you.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:41:09 AM EDT
[#6]
I have Magpul and Gemtech on my FB and they both send out a lot of really cool shit. Videos, pictures, you name it.

To answer your question, no/
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:41:38 AM EDT
[#7]
What is your business?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:42:37 AM EDT
[#8]
The internet still has ads?
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:44:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I generally don't buy anything as a result of FB ads

But if you don't have a FB company page, you're WAY behind the curve
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:45:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I think having a presence on FB is a good idea for a small business. When someone "likes" you all their friends see that, and some of those friends may go ahead and look into what you offer...they may "like" it too. Think of it this way- ONE person "likes" you and 200-300 people just saw your business name...

Of course you can also update people with new products and such. I wouldn't do it too often though, or they'll block you.

This.  I've found a few companies on my friends FB pages that I would otherwise have never heard of.  If they have a good product and good customer service I'll "Like" them (damn, that sounds ghey) just for the exposure.  I do the same for blogs that I like.  

Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#11]
I think if the price is right, I think it would be okay. If you don't any publicity how are you going to grow your business.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 10:47:19 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As far as the Youtube ads go, Im in the same boat as you. I think that is mainly because there is no choice.

However, starting a page on Facebook can be good for business. I know since I liked AIM, I have been..... Influenced to buy a few things I may have otherwise not bought, or known about.
AIM is the debil!

ETA: I think that if there is a product that I was interested in anyway and there was FB traffic about it that was favorable I would take that into consideration. Reverse too, if a company has a FB page and all you see is people bitching about their products/service/whatever I would steer clear of them.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

FB is just another avenue for marketing. Everyone who "Likes" your page will see any posts you make, including specials or sales. Same as any other kind of advertising, it won't make them want to buy, but it'll let them know about it.

Link Posted: 8/10/2011 11:54:31 AM EDT
[#15]
AIM
If they put a sale on FB and I am drunk, a purchase will be made.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top