Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/19/2017 1:33:58 PM EDT
Attachment Attached File

Those of you who have actually shot and handled one. What did you think of it?

It is made by FN, and has a good reputation for reliability and toughness. And with the ejection forward. It seems like the best option. As it can be spontaneously fired from either should and no brass in your mouth.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:35:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It's a fun toy. Manual of arms is a bit different. I use my SBR AR for home defense.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:37:01 PM EDT
[#2]
noice!
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:37:09 PM EDT
[#3]
It looks bulkier than it is. Still, to me it was like shouldering a suitcase. It's quirky, and not without its flaws, but overall I liked mine and wish I'd held onto it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:38:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/84024/IMG_0356-284406.JPG

It is made by FN, and has a good reputation for reliability and toughness. And with the ejection forward. It seems like the best option. As it can be spontaneously fired from either should and no brass in your mouth.
View Quote

RIP your avatar.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I never got past the handling part, felt very "chubby" which I didn't like.  Local range had a rental that reportedly ran well but was often returned with a round in the chamber(!).  

Definitely handle one before you buy.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Saw full auto versions contractors had in Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:43:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

RIP your avatar.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

RIP your avatar.  
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Second round, the gas block blew apart on mine.  I was fine, had carbon on my face and hands and my palm was bruised.  Made for some funny jokes.  FN gave me a new one and I sold it.

I don't fault the gun, like most would think. I believed the problem yo be metalugical.

That said, I did lose confidence in the platform.

Oh, the rounds were m855 LC.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
FS2000 will be worth alot in the coming decades
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:52:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, I think they stopped making them?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:52:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote
I paid $1200 for mine. I don't plan on ever selling it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 1:54:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Friend of mine has one... I like the ergonomics quite a bit, but the trigger is a bit lacking compared to the newest Tavors.  Just my .02.

I certainly wouldn't kick one out of my safe...
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:02:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I shoot lefty, so it's forward eject initially drew me to the FS.    Pick one up, its bulkiness disappears and the ergonomics just seem right.

Yes, you cannot run PMAGs unless you removed the dust ring.  But why would you want to do that? - Keeping the action clean is one of the benefits of this guns design.   Yes the stock plastic charging handle is crap - but it is also easy to replace with a nice aluminum version that will never go bad.  Yes the mags don't drop free, but the operation to hit the mag release with the top of your hand while griping the mag makes removing them easy and fast.   Yes it is loud - uh, nothing to say on that one, it is loud.   Yes, the trigger will never be as nice as an aftermarket AR, but it isn't as bad as some would lead you to believe; it's never been an issue for me.  

Cons - Parts availability is something of a concern and will increase in the future.   No bolt hold open does take a little getting used to but for 95% of shooters this wont ever be a major issue.  Price - with AR's so cheap right now I would be hard pressed to pick an FS if I had limited resources.

Other thoughts - A red dot fits perfectly on it and it is one of the cleanest shooting long guns I own.  If you are going to put a sling adapter make sure you do your research - many of them have to be completely removed so you can access the internals at the back of the gun; I have an SKT adapter on mine and love it.

Bottom line - it is not an AR and you don't operate it like one.  Once you get over that and look at it on its own merits it is a great gun and I am very happy to own one.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:10:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I sold mine. I love bullpups & the concept, but it had the ergonomics of a 2x6.

YMMV
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:12:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Dropping empty shells directly underfoot...what could go wrong???
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:14:08 PM EDT
[#16]
FN were really forward thinking in having the front ejection, and bottom ejection on the P90 which solved the main issue people have with bullpups. I wish more manufactures would try to improve on that.

I love bullpups and am enamored with my X95 and KSG. I don't shoot left shoulder much but that's just a residual training from my time in the military. I wasn't taught that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:18:18 PM EDT
[#17]
I like mine.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:19:52 PM EDT
[#18]
I had one and really liked it except for the fact that I have really big hands and the thumb hole design grip was on comfortable.

It ran flawlessly with a mix of ammo, if my hands were not so big I would still have it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:20:55 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm a huge bullpup fan, it's my #2 - AUG is #1, Tavor is #3, maybe dropping to #4 with the RDB.

They do appear to be discontinued, so get 'em while the getting is good.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]
I love mine! I've said it before, it is wrong in every way but FN made it work. It does look bulky and kind of is, but it is also very well balanced and comfortable and the bulkiness tends to melt away when your running it. It is reliable and smooth shooting. Its lower on my go-to list for issues that are largely minor but slinging options are crappy as are mounting grips and/or lights, the trigger is awful, and the rear sight is unusable. The dust cover popping open and dumping empties is as fun to hear to me as the ping of my Garand. There really isn't anything quite like it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:25:03 PM EDT
[#21]
I have one of the first fifty imported and used to shoot it a lot in practical rifle matches out to about 250 yds.

Best case its prob a 2-3 moa rifle but it was dead nuts reliable for me over several thousand round with no cleaning and outdoor sand and rain use. The heavy trigger doesn't help long range accuracy but for cqb type use it was fantastic.

It's not an AR as far as parts, config options, etc but I trust it more than most frankenguns out there and I never even had to use the adverse gas setting.

I really wish they had used a less severe rake on the grip though (and I actually like the glock grip angle) but it's very slick plastic and doesn't fall into your hand like the AUG which is perfection.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#22]
I love that rifle.  

But only with the shitty integrated optics in order to complete the Sci Fi look.

It looks like it's straight out of a video game or the movies.

Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:33:22 PM EDT
[#23]
I owned one for about 3 months.

I liked it, it was fun and quirky. But I traded it for a Tavor and got $300 on top from a guy at my range. He loved the FS2K way more and I loved the Tavor way more.

I can't articulate why I didn't love the FN. It just didn't feel special to me.

No regrets for either of us.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:36:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I like mine. It's a good shooter and easy to handle. After I lubed up the magwell with silicone spray lubricant, the mags dropped easily.   Having to put both feet on the gun and yank with both hands to get the mag out got old quickly until the lube.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:40:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Have one of the contract overruns from 8-9 years back and paid $1100 for it. It's probably not my favorite bullpup (that's the X95), but I like it better than the AUG and the Tar-21. It's extremely reliable and ergonomic, not as bulky as it looks and built as a .mil rifle. It's robust and I'd have no problem trusting my life to it (unlike some bench-built guns). If you can snag one for under $1500, it's a steal. Anything above that and you have to ask yourself if you'd be better served by a higher-range AR or another gen 3-4 rifle, like a Bren or Tavor/X-95.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:41:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Fairly accurate.  Very dependable. Utterly shit trigger.  Hard on your index finger when doing mag changes.
Other than THAT...pretty cool gun.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:54:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Very nice gun, as accurate as your average AR, very compact, easy to transport in vehicles, the forward ejection is nice.
I sold mine to another member here due to the NY SAFE act.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 2:56:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Attachment Attached File

I wouldn't turn one down, they're quality rifles
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:01:30 PM EDT
[#29]
I worked with a foreign unit that had the full auto version, and got to fire it.

I think it would take some getting used to, due to the shape and manual of arms.  It just seemed awkward.  I like being able to switch shoulders, especially in an urban environment, and a bullpup makes that tough.

The full auto was kind of funky, too.  Flip the selector to full auto, pull the trigger, then after the first round fired, pull the trigger farther back (not a second separate pull) to get more rounds fired.

I fired the Australian Steyr AUG (can't remember what they call it) and I think its full auto was the same way.

I'm just so used to the M16/ M4/ AR that it probably taints my experience with other weapons.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:04:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Shot 90 rounds suppressed at a MG shoot a few years ago.
This rifle was getting no rest and at least 8-10 people shot before me.
The paint was peeling off the suppressor.

It ran like a top for me. Loved it. Felt good in the hands.

Didn't they have a problem with broken charging handles?
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#31]
I like mine, it's fun, and capable.  Not my first choice to grab if I needed it for serious purposes, but it's not off the list.

Mag choices are limited, but I can accept that.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:13:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Fired one some time ago and liked it. Prefer the AUG though.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 3:23:29 PM EDT
[#33]
The homeboys in Slovenia adopted the full auto version when they joined NATO.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:07:32 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:  Dropping empty shells directly underfoot...what could go wrong???
View Quote
That's the KelTec.  Probably that & the FN are the best bullpups for the sinisters among us.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:15:08 PM EDT
[#35]
I just took mine out to play today, always gives me a
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#36]
Tactical Tuna.... At least that is what we called it back in BF3.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#37]
I've always wanted to ask-- what goes in that space behind the magazine in the stock.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:35:20 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Felt like shooting a loaf of bread, trigger was, meh,.... but the red dot on the target barely moved while I was railing the shit out of it. The only gun I have fired that comes close is one of those Grail-15's.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#39]
they feel less comfy than an AUg and they are front heavy because of the design. A good bullpup should be designed to balance on the pistol grip and it doesn't.

but what it does do is drop empties out the front, and that is the only reason to buy one other than for collection.

I had one briefly and has to sell it. Get an AUG if you want a good bullpup.

Get a Keltec if you are curious.

Unless you can get a FS2000 for less than 1300 I would steer clear because there is no market for them.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#40]
We got a one into Gander when i worked there.  I took it out of the box to put it in the computer and yanked on the bolt. It broke.   I have it to the gun tech to fix and it was still waiting on parts when i left a year later.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 5:51:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Meh I'd rather have a Tavor. I've never really got into the looks of it. 
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Bump
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:50:37 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I sold mine. I love bullpups & the concept, but it had the ergonomics of a 2x6.

YMMV
View Quote
Same here.
Link Posted: 8/19/2017 11:59:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Had one, about 5 years ago, awesome little carbine. Can't use pmags.

I'll pick one up again eventually.

While I don't currently have anything fn. Pretty much everything they do is good to go.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:20:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Unless you can get a FS2000 for less than 1300 I would steer clear because there is no market for them.
View Quote
LOL

ill buy all the 1300 Tunas I can find

They are 1800+ rifles in today's market
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:24:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
LOL

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOL

To FN fanbois maybe.

That is why they didnt sell any the first time around...

The point of moulding guns insteads of CNCing them is to make them really cheap to produce.

FN probably makes them for 40 bucks apiece.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:46:08 AM EDT
[#47]
I can't add much more to what everyone has posted here.  I enjoy mine

Stock mag sucks.

Mine does not like Tula.  It binds up so I just use Federal XM 193 and I'm good to go.

It is a conversation starter at the range for sure.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:50:20 AM EDT
[#48]
I had one I liked everything about it accept the terrible trigger
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:50:49 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Stock mag sucks.
View Quote
I run the E-lander mags that ARFCOM "loves" so much - have worked great for me though.  If you run anything shorter than 30rd GI you may have serious trouble removing the magazine.  I have a couple of Brownells 20rd that I put Magpul Ranger tabs on and that makes them removable.  IMNSHO, pretend it takes proprietary mags, dedicate appropriate GI-style mags and enjoy - don't mess with the dust seal and trying to make Magpul mags work.

ETA: I was never a fan of the original integrated optic and handguard.  When the "tactical" flavor came out with top-rail and tri-rail handguard though it began to grow on me....
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#50]
If FN made the PS90 in 5.56, would you buy one?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top