Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2006 6:53:09 AM EDT
On VP CHeneys interview with Fox News' Britt Hume  -

CNN's Jack McCafferty said "I haven't seen teh interview, but Cheney appearing of the F-word Network is kinda like Bonnie interviewing Clyde..."

When CNN asked Britt Hme if he thought Cheney came to Fox to get a soft interview, Hume said "No, I beleive Cheney came to Fox as we have the larger audience and the better ratings."

CNN is Pwned

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
All this is.. is one big media war.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:54:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Too funny.

Although Fox seems to be slipping closer to the left day by day.
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 6:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
CNN is Pwned

+1
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:04:52 AM EDT
[#4]
During the 2004 election, I was listening to NPR and they had this unintentionally hilarious interview with one of their reporters, Nina Totenberg, about how Cheney was shunting out the big and foreign media from covering his campaign stops.  He wouldn't let them travel on campaign planes and buses, for example.  Wouldn't provide them with rally locations, schedules, itineraries, and wouldn't give them access to the rallies if they did manage to find them out.  The resulting effect was that trying to cover the VP's campaigning was like chasing after a flying circus that was always one step ahead.  However, the VP's campaign extended all the usual info and access to the various local media outlets on the campaign trail.

So the NPR types were wondering: Why is Cheney doing this?  What could he possibly have against CNN, the Washington Post, New York Times and good ol' NPR?  Why is he shunning media coverage, when most politicians would whore their mother out for 30 seconds in front of a camera?

They went on to explain that the small media wasn't sophisticated enough to parse and explain the problems if not outright criminality of the Bush/Cheney platform, and then went on litany of controversial and questionable aspects of Cheney service (Halliburton, Iraq War, Enron, oil industry, yada yada yada).  They did, however say that one thing Cheney was right about was his refusal to explicitly oppose gay marriage, which probably stemmed from his daughter's gayness, but then Totenberg launched back into his otherwise irredeemable sleaziness, corruption, and secrecy that were obviously something bad.

I was just laughing my ass off at the whole thing.  "Yeah, why WOULDN'T Cheney bend over backwards to accomodate these wonderful journalists? It's a stumper all right."
Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:13:04 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
During the 2004 election, I was listening to NPR ."

You must be Catholic, and listening to NPR your form of pennance.

You must have been REALLY sinful during the  election of 2004, to have to do that much pennace.

Link Posted: 2/16/2006 7:20:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Brit's the best!

HH
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top