Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:11:19 PM EDT
[#1]
LOL.  Tucson City Cops are awarded for shitty response.  They feel the need to raise taxes again and again.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Article reflects she’s a 15 year veteran... she didn’t become a slacker at the beginning of that shift. I’m amazed she hadn’t fallen into a non competative slot, moved up and be a deputy chief by now
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:23:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Found the reason she isn't being fired.

Has there ever been a PD that ended up not being a trainwreck when they had a female chief?
View Quote
NO!
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:25:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Officer Amy Schwartz told internal affairs investigators she usually doesn't activate her lights and sirens unless "there's a King's Man down. I don't waste my time on the peasantry."
http://pg.b5z.net/get/ib5z/s1100-*/zirw/1/i/u/1014110/i/ec/1asteriskshield.png
Dude, chill with the hate. Truth is, she'd do the EXACT SAME THING no matter who it was. She just said that to try and minimize the negtive waves from her squad. And it ain't gonna work.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:29:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Found the reason she isn't being fired.

Has there ever been a PD that ended up not being a trainwreck when they had a female chief?
View Quote
Fort Pierce was a trainwreck before but it's getting worse IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:35:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Sounds like she was hoping the men with guns got there first.  I'm sure she'll become a sergeant or get a cushy position soon.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:39:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

FDLE tracks resigned while under investigation.  The agency can still complete the investigation as well.
View Quote
I got the entire jacket.

They listed it as resigned. The paperwork from the FDLE (? I think) Investigator, or maybe it was the DA's Investigator, said case closed because he resigned his position from the department and his POST. (shrugs) Wasn't as much in the PD's file.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#8]
She needs to take some lessons from this guy

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=idEhh3W1_tY
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:46:40 PM EDT
[#9]
"Officer Amy Schwartz became the first to pick up her narcan kit to be deployed to the streets of the city." I wouldn't want to OD on her beat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Lol stupid hoe is making her own rules up. Lol
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 8:49:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Meanwhile GD cheers her on because she's not speeding and it's not fair that cops get to speed and get out of tickets......
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:00:04 PM EDT
[#12]
You know how many cops get burnt by fucking up with their lights and siren?  Probably a lot.
You know that time after time, they get sued, fired, etc. for excessive force, bad decisions, etc.

Bullshit internal politics, bad laws, bad local politicians who care more for criminal shitbags than cops...

I'm surprised that this shit doesn't happen a hell of a lot more often.  
This is why our communities have problem employees like this.  They're hiring "diversity" people....
as in, we need more women, Asians, hispanics, and gay people.  Regardless of whether or not that they can do
or are fit for the job.  It's just like being a school teacher.  We have fucktons of people (especially females) come out
of college saying, "I want to be a school teacher"---not considering for a moment whether or not they are FIT TO TEACH.
That's how you end up with schools full of liberal shitheads with no grounding in the real world.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:06:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
See ETA above, since I knew someone would chime in

You know its undeniable.
View Quote
Well thank you Mister poster with a kraut sounding screen name, that was mighty kind of you.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Picture of officer to judge if guilty or not.
I was always told running lights and sirens didn’t get you there any quicker.Fire/EMS.
View Quote
In my experience that isn’t true at all.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:11:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Running code is hard for some. You drive what you can safely. But Jesus Christ you have to turn the fucking lights on!
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:13:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

In my experience that isn’t true at all.
View Quote
Depends on the road, time of day, and age of drivers in my AO.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:19:15 PM EDT
[#17]
This happened to me in reverse. I transferred from an inner city PD to a ritzy suburban PD. One night I get a call about a loud party at an apartment complex. I'm driving along to the call when my Sgt. and two other patrol units fly by me running code. With no other calls pending, I wondered where they were heading and continued on my way to the party.

They went to my call and were treating it like a triple homicide. The female Sgt. bitched me out because before they could get there, a drunk had wandered off from the party. What if he later drove and hit someone? We would be liable! I just looked at them, wondering what fucking planet they were from.

I had to listen to her tell me about how she had 20 years experience. She didn't appreciate it when I told her that she had 1 year of experience repeated 20 times, and she didn't do anything that first year. She also wrote me up for not calling in K9 from home to track a purse stolen overnight from an unlocked parked car in the pouring rain.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Given the present and future political climate within the City of Bradenton, the Officer in question will run the department some day or an adjoining communities department just south of Bradenton.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:24:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
This happened to me in reverse. I transferred from an inner city PD to a ritzy suburban PD. One night I get a call about a loud party at an apartment complex. I'm driving along to the call when my Sgt. and two other patrol units fly by me running code. With no other calls pending, I wondered where they were heading and continued on my way to the party.

They went to my call and were treating it like a triple homicide. The female Sgt. bitched me out because before they could get there, a drunk had wandered off from the party. What if he later drove and hit someone? We would be liable! I just looked at them, wondering what fucking planet they were from.

I had to listen to her tell me about how she had 20 years experience. She didn't appreciate it when I told her that she had 1 year of experience repeated 20 times, and she didn't do anything that first year. She also wrote me up for not calling in K9 from home to track a purse stolen overnight from an unlocked parked car in the pouring rain.  
View Quote
You are supposed to run code to party calls. All cleared out when you get there.

Rookie mistake. Good write-up
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I got the entire jacket.

They listed it as resigned. The paperwork from the FDLE (? I think) Investigator, or maybe it was the DA's Investigator, said case closed because he resigned his position from the department and his POST. (shrugs) Wasn't as much in the PD's file.
View Quote
By statute the investigation has to be completed.  Now, someone can resign to avoid having to provide an interview and statement, as agreed to as a condition of their employment.  This is something they often do to try to avoid incriminating themselves for non criminal violations of department policy and try to stifle the investigation.  Why anyone would want to hire someone who resigned while under internal investigation is beyond me.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:35:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
LOL.  Tucson City Cops are awarded for shitty response.  They feel the need to raise taxes again and again.
View Quote
Cops are raising taxes?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Diversity is Their Strength

It will all equal out in the end.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
She sounds like a real rocket surgeon... has she made chief yet?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:58:55 PM EDT
[#24]
She's Chiefs Office material here...
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 9:59:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Dude, chill with the hate. Truth is, she'd do the EXACT SAME THING no matter who it was. She just said that to try and minimize the negtive waves from her squad. And it ain't gonna work.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Officer Amy Schwartz told internal affairs investigators she usually doesn't activate her lights and sirens unless "there's a King's Man down. I don't waste my time on the peasantry."
http://pg.b5z.net/get/ib5z/s1100-*/zirw/1/i/u/1014110/i/ec/1asteriskshield.png
I don't hate cops, I just hate that mentality some cops have of "my brother officers are more important than little people. No badge, no care."  It's fucking pure naked tribalism and it does not belong in America.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:14:30 PM EDT
[#26]
One of the first things you have to beat into the head of rookie police officers is that just because a call permits the use of lights and siren, that doesnt mean that they need to come on. The guy that throws his lights and siren on for every priority 1 call that he gets is either a rookie or an idiot.

This officer sounds like the kind that plays the "if you arrive first, you're primary" game.  We've had officers like that here and they typically get booted after a certain number of screw ups.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:20:16 PM EDT
[#27]
A white male would have been fired.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:21:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
A white male would have been fired.
View Quote
far from being the case.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:22:59 PM EDT
[#29]
I bet she does not get called for back-up by her fellow officers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 10:25:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Another diversity hire that stands back and lets the real cops handle the real shit.

I once got in trouble for shutting up and coloring instead of making a sarcastic comment to another shift's sergeant.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:13:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I don't hate cops, I just hate that mentality some cops have of "my brother officers are more important than little people. No badge, no care."  It's fucking pure naked tribalism and it does not belong in America.
View Quote
A lot of people here believe cops lives aren't important at all.....So your so called "tribalism" can also be applied to people who aren't cops. Does it belong in America?
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:15:35 PM EDT
[#32]
She is clearly a member here and subscribes to the smile and wave newsletter.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:22:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
A lot of people here believe cops lives aren't important at all.....So your so called "tribalism" can also be applied to people who aren't cops. Does it belong in America?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of course not. If you think I agree with them then you make no sense.
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:23:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Meanwhile GD cheers her on because she's not speeding and it's not fair that cops get to speed and get out of tickets......
View Quote
And talk on her phone while doing it
Link Posted: 7/30/2018 11:23:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I passed by my own Corporal (who was training a guy in FTO) driving to an armed robbery with no lights, no sirens, and impeding the fire/EMS brigade that was responding to stage nearby as well.

I got written up for taking a route that was 1/10 of a mile longer than "the way I should have gone," though.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 2:25:37 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
I should have prefaced that by saying I’ve been a night shifter nearly my entire career. Day shift is definitely different.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 2:29:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I passed by my own Corporal (who was training a guy in FTO) driving to an armed robbery with no lights, no sirens, and impeding the fire/EMS brigade that was responding to stage nearby as well.

I got written up for taking a route that was 1/10 of a mile longer than "the way I should have gone," though.
View Quote
Your Dept goes to robbery in progress calls code 3?
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 2:40:09 AM EDT
[#38]
COPS: Feminist Edition (Series)! | Louder With Crowder
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 3:33:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I should have prefaced that by saying I’ve been a night shifter nearly my entire career. Day shift is definitely different.
View Quote
even less of a reason to run e traffic during nights
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 3:41:36 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

C'mon, it only makes sense that they should all be homicide detectives or on the special investigations unit 18 months out of the academy.
View Quote
That show "Flint town" on Netflix? Has a girl going to be a detective with like 2 years on! That ridiculous. I remember being 2 years on. It was a huge realization of "you know just enough to be dangerous."
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 3:43:46 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
That show "Flint town" on Netflix? Has a girl going to be a detective with like 2 years on! That ridiculous. I remember being 2 years on. It was a huge realization of "you know just enough to be dangerous."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

C'mon, it only makes sense that they should all be homicide detectives or on the special investigations unit 18 months out of the academy.
I watched a few episodes and couldn’t stand her. They put her on that tac team and she was all upset like, “These guys are out here getting into chases and taking guns and drugs. That’s not what I want to do.”
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 3:43:51 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sounds like something that RI chick on LivePD would do...
View Quote
I saw a clip of her the other day. She watched a guy fly out of the drivers seat and get in the passenger seat just prior to a trafficstop. He refused to ID himself and she handled him with kid gloves until a Sgt. Got there and gave her the go ahead to arrest him. Embarrassing.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 3:48:03 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote
Hearing this and other complaints about how petty some departments can be literally blows my fucking mind.

They'd write me up every damn day at these PC departments.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 3:48:52 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I watched a few episodes and couldn’t stand her. They put her on that tac team and she was all upset like, “These guys are out here getting into chases and taking guns and drugs. That’s not what I want to do.”
View Quote
street crime? Nah fam, that ain't where I wanna be
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 6:34:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 6:40:57 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I should have prefaced that by saying I've been a night shifter nearly my entire career. Day shift is definitely different.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I should have prefaced that by saying I've been a night shifter nearly my entire career. Day shift is definitely different.
Nosferatu operate differently than Day Walkers.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 6:42:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Two years in Flint is probably like fifteen years where I'm at. No one stays that long.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:11:35 AM EDT
[#48]
Makes sense.

Last night I was watching "Women on Patrol" on A&E and was informed, on average, female police officers make $7000 less per year than male police officers.

Their work equals their pay.

Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:15:54 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Nosferatu operate differently than Day Walkers.
View Quote
We rotated shifts for awhile. Going back to days, it was a bitch trying to remember to stop at traffic lights.
Link Posted: 7/31/2018 7:42:26 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Last night I was watching "Women on Patrol" on A&E and was informed, on average, female police officers make $7000 less per year than male police officers.
View Quote
Yep, there's separate contracts for men and women.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top