Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/26/2013 11:36:18 AM EDT
http://stevemclaughlinvictory.com/

You may have heard that Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin is considering a run against Governor Andrew Cuomo in November 2014.

Why this is awesome:
Steve is a true constitution-loving patriot. He has been very outspoken about the travesty of the NY SAFE Act and wants the bill fully repealed.  If New Yorkers can shoe the grass root support for Steve that they showed during any of the numerous rallies in Albany and across the state in the last months since the SAFE Act was passed, then Cuomo is in serious trouble.

Here is the challenge:
Cuomo already has $26 million in his campaign chest. Steve has around $20K. Steve doesn’t need to raise $26M if the grassroots are behind him, but he does need to raise some money.

Steve needs to know that the people of NY will support him in this race. If he doesn’t think he can get enough support, he won’t run – and then the NY GOP will choose some moderate candidate who (1) won’t win, and (2) will not stand firm on constitutional principles if he/she does win.

So what can we do to help?
We are organizing a moneybomb on August 10th with a goal of raising $300,000. If you’re not familiar with that term, a moneybomb is a set date for raising money – you pledge your support in advance, and then on August 10th you actually make your donation.

ACTION NEEDED:
Please visit http://stevemclaughlinvictory.com/ and pledge your support for NY Patriot Steve McLaughlin! Any amount will help us reach our goal! This election is so important for New York – our families, our economy, our freedom. Please make your pledge, and then forward this email to your friends and family!

You can read more info at: http://www.ny2agrassroots.com/money-bomb-for-2a-champion-steve-mclaughlin-august-10th/.

Please help by pledging whatever you can to the money bomb, NYHTF is gaining momentum on this and doing whatever we can, but a little help from GD never hurts!

In closing, FUAC  and  FUBHO
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:47:48 AM EDT
[#1]
He's probably the best guy for NY in... well... forever.

ETA:  This will be the first political contribution I've ever given to anyone.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:57:14 AM EDT
[#2]
NY's fucked.  its been bad as long as i can remember and it wont ever get any better.  im out as soon as i can afford to move.  PA here i come!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#3]
God's honest truth, guys, after my experiences here over the past months, I cannot believe that any politician is trustworthy.  But I know this guy called bullshit in public about the SAFE Act and read aloud the "edited" amendments the Democrats wanted to include - including further bans and confiscations - to make sure the public knew.  There's a YouTube vid of his Democrat "colleague" asking him to stop reading it so it doesn't cause trouble.

I want to stand with you but I am broke and need to support my own state's fight so I have to choose my expenses wisely.  Is this the best use of my money or is there another fund fighting this legislative abomination that could use it more effectively?  Even if he can run, does McLaughlin stand a chance at winning?  Will enough people vote for him if he makes the ballot?  And, as governor, can he actually repeal the laws?

Not busting balls here and sorry if it comes across that way.  I'm just trying to do what I can with limited resources.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:19:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
NY's fucked.  its been bad as long as i can remember and it wont ever get any better.  im out as soon as i can afford to move.  PA here i come!
View Quote

I plan on eventually moving as well, but it will not be for a couple more years.  While I am here however, I will do whatever I can to help my fellow New York patriots fight the progressive movement sweeping the state and the nation.  When I move I will be leaving family and friends behind, I will continue to fight for them.  New Yor is but a experiment for the rest of the nation.  We will not let them walk all over us without  saying a word.  Everyone fights, no one quits.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:25:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Honestly, that pissy whining and crying isn't necessary in a thread trying to raise support for a guy trying to fix things here.  

Op
I'm already signed up.

Quoted:

Who knows if he can get the votes. It's way too early to tell. He damn sure needs money to be able to combat the machine cuomo has built. It's going to boil down to low information voters and who they see on TV the most.
On the other hand...
The nysrpa is accepting donations for their legal defense fund, which is the major player in the lawsuit against the state.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:30:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Pledged.

He is definitely the right man for the job.

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Who knows if he can get the votes. It's way too early to tell. He damn sure needs money to be able to combat the machine cuomo has built. It's going to boil down to low information voters and who they see on TV the most.
On the other hand...
The nysrpa is accepting donations for their legal defense fund, which is the major player in the lawsuit against the state.
View Quote

Thanks.  I moved in disgust from The Bronx back in '92 and never looked back.  But we need to push back everywhere we can.  NYSRPA donation being made now and I'll see where things go from there.  

How is the state government set up there?  If he succeeds in gaining the governorship, can he suspend the law by EO and would he get enough backing to hold against an override attempt by the state legislature?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 12:43:23 PM EDT
[#8]
pledged, anything is better than nothing for the guys that are tight on funds.  Steve is one of the few good guys we have in this state.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:03:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Thanks.  I moved in disgust from The Bronx back in '92 and never looked back.  But we need to push back everywhere we can.  NYSRPA donation being made now and I'll see where things go from there.  

How is the state government set up there?  If he succeeds in gaining the governorship, can he suspend the law by EO and would he get enough backing to hold against an override attempt by the state legislature?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On the other hand...

The governor can suspend or veto a law. A suspension wouldn't require approval. I think.
The nov. 2014 elections are huge. The dems have a supermajority,75% iirc, they've had a majority since at least the 80s.
Party lines are crossed all the time on certain things though. It's all up in the air, really. A lot of us are pissed at the rhinos for selling us out. Who knows how our own people here are going to vote.  I have no clue how this ends honestly.
The safe act or opposition to it, will not be the deciding factor in who gets elected governor IMHO.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:07:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The safe act or opposition to it, will not be the deciding factor in who gets elected governor IMHO.
View Quote

It is certainly a factor though, especially if it gets more conservatives/republicans out to vote in a low turnout mid-term election.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Guys, please give what you can.  We need true patriots in Government.   Your state could be next!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Guys, please give what you can.  We need true patriots in Government.   Your state could be next!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:10:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
The governor can suspend or veto a law. A suspension wouldn't require approval. I think.
The nov. 2014 elections are huge. The dems have a supermajority,75% iirc, they've had a majority since at least the 80s.
Party lines are crossed all the time on certain things though. It's all up in the air, really. A lot of us are pissed at the rhinos for selling us out. Who knows how our own people here are going to vote.  I have no clue how this ends honestly.
View Quote

Fair enough.  My thought was, he wins the governor's seat, he suspends the law, and then a majority (or 2/3 or whatever is required by your law) of the Assembly overrides it and neuters him.  Didn't know if 1. it worked that way and 2. if you had enough non-traitors to help him hold the line against that challenge.

Good luck, man, sincerely.  One way or the other, I can see this not ending well for this nation unless people are motivated to fight NOW.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Just Pledged More than I can really afford but who gives a shit.  Can't take it with me, right?
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:28:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Fair enough.  My thought was, he wins the governor's seat, he suspends the law, and then a majority (or 2/3 or whatever is required by your law) of the Assembly overrides it and neuters him.  Didn't know if 1. it worked that way and 2. if you had enough non-traitors to help him hold the line against that challenge.

Good luck, man, sincerely.  One way or the other, I can see this not ending well for this nation unless people are motivated to fight NOW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mclaughlin is also a proponent of allowing recall elections in NY. I'd love to be able to hold our elected reps accountable the way you guys are in CO.link
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:34:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Mclaughlin is also a proponent of allowing recall elections in NY. I'd love to be able to hold our elected reps accountable the way you guys are in CO.link
View Quote

Pledged.  Ain't much but it's something.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:44:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you friend!

Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:47:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Sorry but I don't care.  Weiner would be a perfect mayor for NY.

Youse guys deserve him.  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:47:18 PM EDT
[#19]
I liked the guy that ran against him in the last election.  Forgot his name - Some Italian businessman.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Thank you friend!

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Thank you friend!

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Quoted:
I liked the guy that ran against him in the last election.  Forgot his name - Some Italian businessman.

Wait - an Italian businessman or, um, an "Italian businessman"?  
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:51:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

"If we do not hang together, we shall surely hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you friend!

Quoted:

<touches nose> "Italian businessman"

Quoted:
Quoted:

It is certainly a factor though, especially if it gets more conservatives/republicans out to vote in a low turnout mid-term election.

Agreed. If we get westchester and solid support upstate we win.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you friend!

Quoted:

Ha!  Carl Paladino was the guy.  I remember seeing all the signs in Garden City and Franklin Square when I was visiting there.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:55:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Pledged
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:55:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Crazy Uncle Carl is a good example of why we are trying to get out ahead of the state GOP pick with Mclaughlin.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:57:14 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm in for $25
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Crazy Uncle Carl is a good example of why we are trying to get out ahead of the state GOP pick with Mclaughlin.
View Quote

I'll donate a few bucks, but looking back at the results of the last gubernatorial election there, you have your work cut out for you.  Probably the understatement of the year.

Hopefully the FSA stay home.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:03:24 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'll donate a few bucks, but looking back at the results of the last gubernatorial election there, you have your work cut out for you.  Probably the understatement of the year.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks!

Voter turnout for our last gubernatorial election was something like 53%. I'm hoping the FSA stays home and we take advantage of it.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 6:17:40 PM EDT
[#28]
Thank you all who pledged!  

I have had the honor of meeting Steve McLaughlin a few times over the past months since the Safe Act was passed at various rallies across the state.  The man means what he says and says what he means, which as all of you know is not a trait of any politician.  He is a true patriot.  I would ask you to simply "YouTube" his name and see for yourself.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:43:43 PM EDT
[#29]
bump!
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:47:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Greg Ball of Putnam Co would be a kickass gov. Well,he sounds too much like a southern R to ever win but he's got stones.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 8:53:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Greg Ball of Putnam Co would be a kickass gov. Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

No.  Not really.  McLaughlin is a Much, much better choice.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 9:22:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What ya got against ball?
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:41:30 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Greg Ball, but Mclaughlin strikes me as a stronger candidate.
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 6:59:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like him.  But I don't think he's likeable.

McLaughlin strikes me as likeable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top