Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2014 3:35:34 AM EDT
[ceilingmagdump]FUCK SCHOOL FOREVER I AM GOING SHOOTING ALL DAY TOMORROW[\ceilingmagdump]

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:44:05 AM EDT
[#1]
wife is just starting her masters program and I'm already needing to go shooting all day. Congrats!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:45:35 AM EDT
[#2]
This calls for a desk pop. we've all done it.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:47:23 AM EDT
[#3]
congratulations!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:48:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
[ceilingmagdump]FUCK SCHOOL FOREVER I AM GOING SHOOTING ALL DAY TOMORROW[\ceilingmagdump]

View Quote

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This calls for a desk pop. we've all done it.
View Quote

Last one I did was 2008.

Also, I hope I never have to do grad school. I'll be lucky if I get through undergrad as it is. And this is after a few year hiatus.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Thank you. I still need to hire a tech writer to do a final proof but I had my english prof and math prof buddies go over this thing 20x.
It's down to the fucking wire if I want to graduate on the 19th. It's so iffy I never bothered to order a cap and gown

I still have two papers to write for a class but after killing myself on this project I could do those at 4AM, drunkdriving the tail of the dragon while typing them on my phone getting road head and still make the deadline.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:50:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
wife is just starting her masters program and I'm already needing to go shooting all day. Congrats!!
View Quote

Lets meet halfway. See you in Idaho, bring tannerite
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:51:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh my god!!

I remember those years..........I felt EXACTLY like you do when it was finally fucking over!!
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:52:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Hats off to you for doing a thesis.  

I had the option of just taking two more courses and not doing a thesis, so that's what I did.  So did a lot of others.  

Congratulations, and well done.

Best wishes,

Mike
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:52:53 AM EDT
[#10]
Congrats!  What is it on?  I'm just a hose monkey so I probably won't understand.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Congrats!  What is it on?  I'm just a hose monkey so I probably won't understand.
View Quote

I'm a carpenter deep down so we're even

It's a major research project. 4 sections (thesis has 5)

It's an online training course for using Canvas learning management system. (think online course delivery system)
6 modules, 5 assessments plus a course evaluation survey. Had 9 college instructors take it and one from my current K-12 school.

My degree will be in instructional design/Instructional technology.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:58:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome.  I'm one of the types who put people with a master's on a pedestal.  Just the amount of dedication alone is mind boggling.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:00:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

might I suggest... Boomershoot?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#14]
Congrats. Finishing a research paper always gave me a tingly feeling and the need to blow off some steam.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:42:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Got an email from my committee chair. Said the paper "looks great!"
Wants me to defend online so I have to make a 15 minute video presentation of my research results and course design today

FML

I was ridin' high last night anyway :reappliespmagcovers:
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:58:29 AM EDT
[#16]
Great feeling isn't it?

Congrats!

Don't forget to have the post Master's program nightmares involving your thesis submission...
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Great feeling isn't it?

Congrats!

Don't forget to have the post Master's program nightmares involving your thesis submission...
View Quote

I still have nightmares about that mystery final in that class I never attended as an undergrad in 1989 because i couldn't find the building.

...and I am in my underwear looking for it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top