Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2002 4:52:32 AM EDT
The following is a copy of my letter to Hugh Hewitt, on his radio interview with a Mr. Awad, President of the Bethlehem Bible College, FIANLLY giving us the other side of the story. Mr Awad is  Chrsitian Palestianian

I wish to offer my profound thanks for your interview yesterday with the president of Bethlehem Bible College. FINALLY someone gets a national audience to present the Palestinian position. This has been one of my major concerns - the LACK of balance in the reporting. For the Israeli side we hear from Sharone, Perez, Netanyahu and a raft of others. I can't recall an intelligent lucid voice for the Palestinians being given ANY airtime. Usually just a picture of a hysterical Palestinian woman or a voice-over of a picture of Arafat, and that seems to pass for "balanced reporting" these days.

While I cannot vouch for everything the man said, it was at least refreshing to hear. While your personal convictions may lie with Israel, you took a courageous and righteous stand in giving the man some airtime. Courageous in that you risked him using your show as a platform for hatred. (He did not do that.) Righteous in that you aired that which goes somewhat against your personal views.

As a follower of Jesus Christ, I WHOLEHEARTEDLY support the man's ending statement - Palestinians are PEOPLE with SOULS who need Jesus Christ.

Unfortunately, too much of the church of Jesus Christ almost seems to cheer when Palestinians are killed, and go to hell. Secondly, as he stated, Christ did not come to earth or die for so many square miles of Middle Eastern sand. He died for men. ALL men. All women. Of all races. Including Palestinians. The churches present position of denying the Palestinian the Gospel in deference to political Israel today can ONLY serve to discredit the Gospel of Jesus Christ in the eyes of the WHOLE world - a major portion of which is Muslim.

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#1]
(cont.)

Allow me to conclude with this thought - I take STRONG exception to the notion that what is going on in Israel today has much to do with Scriptural fulfillment, or God's will. Two truths (among many others) convince me of this:

1. A man's bloodline lineage to Abraham is IRRELEVANT. In Matthew 3, John the Baptist stated that "God was able to take stones, and create blood relatives to Abraham." According to Scripture, a true "Jew" is a follower of Jesus Christ (Romans 2: 28 - 29, Romans 9:1-8, Galatians 3: 29, Psalm 73:1)

2. A study of the Old Testament Covenant will reveal that possession of the land by Israel was a CONDITIONAL covenant / contract. Obedience to God was to PRECEED possession of the land. Unless I'm missing something here, political Israel STILL rejects both Christ their Messiah, and Jehovah Jireh.

I am currently writing a book to which these two concepts tie in. While I too desire a national audience to put forth my understanding of the Scriptures, I was at least encouraged that this president of Bethlehem Bible College got one.

If possible, I would LOVE a transcript of that interview.

Sincerely,
garandman
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:50:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not quite sure how intelligent this person is but there is no lack of sysmpathy in the media for the Palastinian cause.

From the liberal media to self hating Jews I have not heard a lot from those who believe that Israel is justified in defending themselves. Nor have I heard much about the attacks leveled at Jews such as synagoges burning and people being attacked on the streets in some countries.

What the facts are right now I am not sure but you can bet that the cries of war crimes will begin to grow against Israel.

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 5:56:12 AM EDT
[#3]
I agree 100% with your statement from John the Baptist regarding who is now grafted into the family of God through the shed blood of Jesus Christ
that is indeed truth
However what the Palestinans who support Hamas, Islamic Jihaad, al-Queda and all the rest of the cabal of Islam ...have done is to have consumated the  marriage of a satanic religion to marxist dogma..they have taken a page or two out of the VietCong playbook...they target civilians for the sake of psyops against the Israeli children...the Palestinans have no legitimate claim to lands taken by Israel in war...even the UN says so...by its own illigimate law..land "may" be returned under a peace agreement...which Israel tries to do but Arafat refuses...why...muslims want the temple..they want the high ground...for later syrian incursions...this is incrementalism at its finest...the muslims have openly declared their intent to kill all Jews and take Israel by force..
They set up military positions inside civilian targets and have a favorable Euro Union -third way-marxist press standing by...
The IDF has shown great restraint...that whole area should have been prepped by arty and air strikes prior to sending in ground troops...it wasnt and it cost the lives of IDF troopers whose wives are widows and whose children are fatherless..They were killed by another child-suicide bomber
The IDF recovered many suicide belts and destroyed a factory for making them...this saved a lot of innocent lives..If the Palestinians set up a machine gun position inside a day care..what is supposed to be done...just let them chew up your troops or do you blast it with a 105 round...guess it depends on whose side your on...
I already know these arabs...took down two US buildings with passenger planes loaded with innocent AMERICANS...they also delighted in the killing of young AMERICAN WOMEN took joy as their victims convulsed and bleed to death whole having their throats slit with box cutters...these terrorists have stated they desire to kill all AMERICANS and JEWS..
imo screw the palestinans they got nothing coming..take the Christians out bring them to America..whatever...but dont hold back because the enemy is setting up within Christian positions...if they did that here in my neighborhood you got permission to bomb the shiite out of my it!...
[image]http://www.rense.com/1.imagesD/girldyn.jpg[/image]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:01:59 AM EDT
[#4]

1. Nationhood and Jerusalem. Israel became a nation in 1312 B.C.E., two
thousand years before the rise of Islam.

2. Arab refugees in Israel began identifying themselves as part  of a
Palestinian people in 1967, two decades after the establishment of the
modern State of Israel.

3. Since the Jewish conquest in 1272 B.C.E., the Jews have had
dominion over the land for one thousand years with a continuous presence in
the land for the past 3,300 years.

4. The only Arab dominion since the conquest in 635 C.E. lasted no
more than 22 years.

5. For over 3,300 years, Jerusalem has been the Jewish capital.
Jerusalem has never been the capital of any Arab or Muslim entity. Even when
the Jordanians occupied Jerusalem, they never sought to make it their
capital, and Arab leaders did not come to visit.
6. Jerusalem is mentioned over 700 times in Tanach, the Jewish Holy
Scriptures. Jerusalem is not mentioned once in the Koran.

7. King David founded the city of Jerusalem. Mohammed never came to
Jerusalem.

8. Jews pray facing Jerusalem. Muslims pray with their backs toward
Jerusalem.

9. Arab and Jewish Refugees: In 1948 the Arab refugees were encouraged to
leave Israel by Arab leaders promising to purge the land of Jews.
Sixty-eight percent left without ever seeing an Israeli soldier.

10. The Jewish refugees were forced to flee from Arab lands due to
Arab brutality, persecution and pogroms.

11. The number of Arab refugees who left Israel in 1948 is estimated
to be around 630,000. The number of Jewish refugees from Arab lands is
estimated to be the same.

12. Arab refugees were INTENTIONALLY not absorbed or integrated into the
Arab lands to which they fled, despite the vast Arab territory. Out of the
100,000,000 refugees since World War II, theirs is the only refugee group in
the world that has never been absorbed or integrated into their own peoples'
lands. Jewish refugees were completely absorbed into Israel, a country no
larger than the state of New Jersey.

13. The Arab - Israeli Conflict: The Arabs are represented by eight
separate nations, not including the Palestinians. There is only one Jewish
nation. The Arab nations initiated all five wars and lost. Israel defended
itself each time and won.

14. The P.L.O.'s Charter still calls for the destruction of the State
of Israel.  Israel has given the Palestinians most of the West Bank land,
autonomy under the Palestinian Authority, and has supplied them.

15. Under Jordanian rule, Jewish holy sites were desecrated and the
Jews were denied access to places of worship. Under Israeli rule, all
Muslim and Christian sites have been preserved and made accessible to
people of all faiths.

16. The U.N. Record on Israel and the Arabs: of the 175 Security
Council resolutions passed before 1990, 97 were directed against Israel.

17. Of the 690 General Assembly resolutions voted on before 1990, 429 were
directed against Israel.

18. The U.N was silent while 58 Jerusalem Synagogues were destroyed by the
Jordanians.

19. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians systematically desecrated the
ancient Jewish cemetery on the Mount of Olives.

20. The U.N. was silent while the Jordanians enforced an
apartheid-like policy of preventing Jews from visiting the Temple Mount and
the Western Wall.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 6:31:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Guys  

Thanks for your replies.

You NEED to get a transcript of this interview.

Nick -

The media does support the palestinian position. But without ever interviewing an intelligent, articulate Palestinian, like this fellow. Which makes me think the media LIKES those palestinians making war, but likes to ignore people like Mr. Awad who truly desire peace.

When you consider that the US media is largely controlled by Zionist sympathizers (just look at the mastheads of the NYT, Newsweek, ABC, NBC, CBS  - they are alomost exclusively Israelis), it makes me think that they WANT America to think all Palestininas want war, when that is NOT the case. (This fellow is LIVING proof of that, and made the claim that MANY Palestinians want peace.)And in the medias mind, if they can get America to wipe out the Palestinians due to false impressions of them, then the Zionist faction among the Israelis wins.

9divdoc -

Mr. Awad made several points.

1. Hamas and the radical Islamic types, who he condemned, are a VERY small faction in palestine. But they get ALL the press. ZERO press for any peaceful palestinians.

Now, if you had a grievance, and got ZERO press to air your grievance, wouldn't that drive you to take more "radical" means, even if you would NEVER resort to violence???

2. He made the claim that the israeli Zionists started the war in 1967. Fantastic, but he said it. Question is, are we even willing to LOOK AT and EVALUATE his claim, or are we just SURE we know the truth, and refuse to listen to anything he says????

YOU NEED TO GET A TRANSCRIPT OF THSI INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:05:36 AM EDT
[#6]
G.Man, good letter.

On most news shows I've seen the reporter(?) is clearly uncomfortable with any discussion of Israeli atrocities and very comfortable when discussing Palestinian suicide bombers.

I support the right of Israel to exist and exist in relative peace.  (Relative is all any of us have today.)

I support the right of the Palestinians to live in relative peace and to live in a country of their own without an occupying force and with control of their own water supply.

I do not support the United States government taking Billions of taxpayer money each year and paying Israel to kill Palestinians.  This policy has destroyed any credibility we might have among Muslim nations and rightfully so.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
G.Man, good letter.

On most news shows I've seen the reporter(?) is clearly uncomfortable with any discussion of Israeli atrocities and very comfortable when discussing Palestinian suicide bombers.

I support the right of Israel to exist and exist in relative peace.  (Relative is all any of us have today.)

I support the right of the Palestinians to live in relative peace and to live in a country of their own without an occupying force and with control of their own water supply.

I do not support the United States government taking Billions of taxpayer money each year and paying Israel to kill Palestinians.  This policy has destroyed any credibility we might have among Muslim nations and rightfully so.
View Quote

Very well put.

[(:|)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 7:50:41 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Jerusalem.

View Quote

9div.....I posted this list earlier in the week.....

Point 8 I later discovered was sort of silly.  Muslims pray facing Mecca, which is East of Jerusalem.  Thus if they are East of that city they MUST be facing away.....

However if they are West ( and a little north) they are facing towards Mecca AND Jerusalem.

Mind you the other points make sense....well to me atleast
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jerusalem.

View Quote

9div.....I posted this list earlier in the week.....

Point 8 I later discovered was sort of silly.  Muslims pray facing Mecca, which is East of Jerusalem.  Thus if they are East of that city they MUST be facing away.....

View Quote

This illustrates the rampant nature of misinfomation about and rabid bias against the Palestinians. As perpetuated by the media, and others.

"jews wipe with their right hand, Arabs wipe with their left."

Who cares????

But stupidity like this gets bantered about as if foreign policy should be determined on this basis.

And 9div's #8 makes my point. DOes anyone even bother to ask Arabs why they do certain things? NO. they just assume since Arabs do them, it MUST be evil. [rolleyes]

Such willful blindness is beneath us, and our level of intelligence.

BTW  9div -

Isaiah 28:15 was a prophecy AGAINST the israelites. Verse 14 says - "Here the word of the Lord you scornful men, which rule this people which is in JERUSALEM (i.e. Jews)("which rule this people" is  the ancient counterpart to Ariel Sharone and Shimone Perez)

Don't go hijacking Scripture for your purposes.

Isaiah is condemning ISRAEL for THEIR abuses.

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#10]
What???

No comments by The Hun??? None of those delightful Hun-icisms we've all come to know and [strike]loathe[/strike] uhhhh, I mean love????

I'd REALLY be interested in ETH's perspective on this intelligent, articulate, peace-loving, Christian, non-Muslim, president of a Bible college that intelligently articulated the palestiniain position.

Learn more about Mr. Awad at [url]www.bethlehembiblecollege.com[/url]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:02:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Sorry, [b]garandman[/b], but I was keeping a low profile so as to not ruin your thread with needless contentions, etc.

I love His church, I love His people. If this Mr. Awad is truly a Christian, and I have no doubt that he is, then I will love him like the brother that he is.

It doesn't mean that he is right about Israel, no more than King George III, a Christian, was right about the colonies.

But I would listen to what he says on the subject with great interest.

BTW, did you know that approximately 30% of the Holy Land was Christian in 1900. That figure has now declined to approximately 16%, and judging by their immigration to the US, and their dwindling birth rates, it won't be long before they are just an asterisk in the census. I include Lebanon in this figure, BTW.

Eric The(ReasonableAsAlways)Hun[>]:)]  
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
I've gotten no responses to my Ninth Crusade [url=http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=109485]thread[/url] either.  I think the article addresses many feelings pretty well, although I disagree with some of what he said.  It's a long read, but worth it.

[url=http://www.geocities.com/hlindner1/Writings/middleeast.htm]"The Ninth Crusade"[/url]

Also,

[url=http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/contemporary/0014.htm]"Why Americans Are So Blind"[/url]
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

When you consider that the US media is largely controlled by Zionist sympathizers (just look at the mastheads of the NYT, Newsweek, ABC, NBC, CBS  - they are alomost exclusively Israelis)

View Quote

Please, do tell us just exactly who these "Israelis" are?  How many are Israeli citizens? Or did you mean to say that "they are alomost exclusively [i]Jews[/i]"?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:40:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Sorry, [b]garandman[/b], but I was keeping a low profile so as to not ruin your thread with needless contentions, etc.

Eric The(ReasonableAsAlways)Hun[>]:)]  
View Quote

Well, let this go down as the first recorded time in human history that a Hun has kept a low profile.

I thought it was in the Hun Handbook to maintain as vouminous a profile as possible.

Attila would be SORELY disappointed in you. [:D]

And I had really hoped for more comment than this from you. If Hugh sends me a transcript of the interview, I'm gonna post it here. Its a bombshell.

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 12:43:29 PM EDT
[#15]
By the way garandman, nice letter.  Where are you trying to get the transcript from?  Is it available?
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#16]
2. He made the claim that the israeli Zionists started the war in 1967. Fantastic, but he said it. Question is, are we even
                        willing to LOOK AT and EVALUATE his claim, or are we just SURE we know the truth, and refuse to listen to anything he
                        says????
View Quote

The Straits of Tiran and the Suez were blocked, effectively declaring economic war.  Both sides were ready to fight and many statements were made to that effect.  Only now will some claim to have some moral high ground by claiming the other started it.  Laughable.
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:15:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
By the way garandman, nice letter.  Where are you trying to get the transcript from?  Is it available?
View Quote

It was a radio interview on Hugh Hewitt's radio show ( a left-coast conservative talk radio host)

I REALLY hope he can get me one - its a keeper.

here's his website -

[url]www.hughhewitt.com[/url]

BTW, ETH -

As vocal as you are on the pro-Israeli side, your silence here is DEAFENING, to me. Here's a Palestinian that BLOWS AWAY every stereotype you have perpetuated about Palestinians, and your only comment is "IF (thus and such) I'll love him like the brother that he is???"

Kinda weak, man. Kinda weak. Fine. Whatever. But to me, it says you have absolutely NO balance in your treatment of the facts. You are an editorialist - plain and simple. And a biased one at that.

Which is fine. You have that right.

Link Posted: 4/16/2002 1:41:54 PM EDT
[#18]
the following is the correct address.

Learn more about Mr. Awad at www.bethlehembiblecollege.edu
Link Posted: 4/16/2002 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#19]
And what about the Israelis and American Jews protesting for peace in the region?  Would you care as much to lobby for them as well?

You cannot convert a Jew, you may as well try to convert this house of solid walls as to convert them into the faith of Christ. They are set in their feelings, and they will be until the time of their redemption. They are looking forward to the time when they will go home and rebuild Jerusalem; they have looked for it many hundreds of years, they are looking for the coming of their king, and they do not suppose for a moment that he has already come, but they are looking for him to come as the Lion of the tribe of Judah, not as a lamb led to the slaughter, and as a sheep that is dumb before his hearers; they are looking for him to come with power and great glory.
View Quote

- Wilford Woodruff, 1857

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top