Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/30/2003 3:17:44 PM EDT
Well, after 2 years and 1600 posts, I figured it was time to cough up sixty bux...

A small price to pay for the wealth of knowledge at this place...

Only problem is, I forgot to include my username when I sent my payment via paypal...

OOPS!

Who do I contact ?

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:22:03 PM EDT
[#1]
is there a platinum membership? i need one too....

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:31:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Dragracer_Art, what ever happened to you taking a Job on a Nascar team.  If you were on such a team I'd assume you wouldn't have too much time to spend here on AR15.com.   Then again, you just got a M16...  [:)]

Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:32:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Gongrats, Art
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Dragracer_Art, what ever happened to you taking a Job on a Nascar team.  If you were on such a team I'd assume you wouldn't have too much time to spend here on AR15.com.   Then again, you just got a M16...  [:)]

View Quote

The deal with the NASCAR team was dependant on the team owner fielding a 3rd team.
Several "potential" contracts did not materialize, so I was not needed.

Since it's "water under the dam" I can talk more openly about it now...

When Ricky Rudd was negotiating a new ride, he kept Robert Yates out of the loop 'till the last minute.
Robert didn't know for sure if Ricky was going to stay or go.
Robert had big $$$ sponsorship offers from M&M and didn't want to lose that deal.

So in other words, if Ricky would have stayed with Yates, the #28 car would still be his, and the #38 car would have been the 3rd team.

Robert also bought the building across the street from the #28 shop(in Mooresville), and made it into the motor facility. Prior to that, the motors were all done at the #88 shop near Charlotte.
Robert was also trying to get contracts with other teams(Busch) to lease their motors...

When Ricky got greedy, Robert left him go, along with Texaco, and took the deal with M&M's for MUCH more money...

Since this stuff happenned, I took a job back in Nov with a local company...
Absolutely hated it, so I just quit last week...
My wife goes back to work next week, so I'm taking off the month of June...
No time for a job right now...
I have to go to the Pocono race next weekend (look for me in the #38 pitbox), and have to visit bulletfest at the end of the month...

I'm going to try some things on the side for the rest of the summer if I can afford it.

I just won the May 20th primary election here in my local township...
I'm running for Constable.[:D]
It has the same/better earning potential as the NASCAR deal...
If I win the general election in November, I will assume the post in January...
If I choose to do it fulltime, it has the potential of earning me a six figure income...

Things just change to damn much for me to keep everyone posted. [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top