Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/13/2005 9:42:51 AM EDT
How hard is it to get an FFL for the average person.  I'm trying to talk my Brother into going in with me on a Range. Tired of having nowhere to shoot. Just assuming that a FFL would be required. If not it would still be nice to have. I've also read about people talking about getting searched with no prior notice. Well I have nothing to hide so let them come.

Thanks - Travis

Illinois would just Love to have another Gun Range wouldn't they..?
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 9:45:01 AM EDT
[#1]
not that difficult.  zoning laws are the biggest hurdle.  they can search you anytime during business hours, announced or not.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:11:53 AM EDT
[#2]
Where do you go to find out more information. On Both....
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#3]
www.atf.gov
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#4]
in illinois?

lol...

better hope oyu live nowhere chicago or cook country.

And you don't need an FFL to open a shooting range. An FFL is ONLY for the business of selling firearms. Can't have it for personal collecting.
Link Posted: 1/13/2005 11:45:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Was actually looking to open it up catacorner to Mayor Daileys office.  

And if it does well Springfields next.....

No really. I live opposite to Chicago in Metropolis. As far away from Chicago as I could get. I looked at the site Tex gave me and I didn't see anything about Ranges and Restrictions. Alot on the FFL though.

Thanks - Travis
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top