Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2002 11:19:18 PM EDT
I heard a radio talk show personality talking about the gov's awareness of 911 before it happened. He told the audience that FEMA was ready and stationed in NY september 10th 2001. He also went into the governments involvement in concentration camps here in the US for unlawful combatents...Ashcroft is supposedly a staunch supporter of these camps. Anyone care to shed light on this?
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:26:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Siennfein,

I find it difficult to believe that FEMA had prepositioned any of it's resources to New York on 10-Sep-01.  I'm on one of the FEMA Task Forces that deployed in response to the attacks and no alert notice had been sent to our TF Leaders.  In fact, no notification was sent until our actual activation orders about an hour after the WTC collapse.

E-95
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:31:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I hope your right E-95. Ive never been a conspiracy theorist but if they were there they were there. If these types of accounts prove to be true theres going to be some big jolts in American Government.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:33:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:37:26 PM EDT
[#4]
IM talking about Bill Boshears "sci-zone".
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:44:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I hope it is complete nonsense. I dont remember all the details as I was working while listening. But the shows host had a former ambassedor on the show making claims about this information.
Link Posted: 8/25/2002 11:53:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Who knows if the 9/11 stuff mentioned was real or not. Just like the evidence now coming out that the U.S. did know beforehand of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, it will probably take decades before all of the information is revealed.

The fact is that martial law contingency plans have been sitting on the shelf for years just waiting for a president to put them into motion. The latest one was Rex 84 Bravo during the Reagan administration that was designed by Oliver North and FEMA director Louis Giuffrida. These plans were brought up during the Iran/Contra hearings:

REP BROOKS: Colonel North, in your work at the NSC, were you not assigned, at one time, to work on plans for the continuity of government in the event of a major disaster?

BRENDAN SULLIVAN: Mr. Chairman?

SEN INOUYE: I believe that question touches upon a highly sensitive and classified area so may I request that you not touch on that.

REP BROOKS: I was particularly concerned, Mr. Chairman, because I read in Miami papers, and several others, that there had been a plan developed by that same agency, a contingency plan in the event of emergency, that would suspend the American constitution. And I was deeply concerned about it and wondered if that was the area in which he had worked. I believe that it was and I wanted to get his confirmation.

SEN INOUYE; May I most respectfully request that that matter not be touched upon at this stage. If we wish to get into this, I'm certain arrangements can be made for an executive session.

---------------

"I believe that the role assigned to the Federal Emergency Management Agency in the revised Executive Order exceeds its proper function as a coordinating agency for emergency preparedness . . . This department and others have repeatedly raised serious policy and legal objections to the creation of an 'emergency czar' role for FEMA." -Attorney General William French Smith in an August 1984 letter to NSC chair Robert McFarlane

"Over the long term, the peacetime action programs of FEMA and other departments and agencies have the effect of making the conceivable need for military takeover less and less as time goes by. A fully implemented civil defense program may not now be regarded as a substitute for martial law, nor could it be so marketed, but if successful in its execution it could have that effect." - FEMA director Louis Giuffrida from a 1982 memo

"No constitution, no statute or ordinance can authorize Martial Rule. [It commences] upon a determination (not a declaration) by the senior military commander that the civil government must be replaced because it is no longer functioning anyway . . . The significance of Martial Rule in civil disorders is that it shifts control from civilians and to the military completely and without the necessity of a declaration, proclamation or other form of public manifestation . . . As stated above, Martial Rule is limited only by the principle of necessary force" - FEMA director Louis Giuffrida from his paper on the Legal Aspects of Managing Disorders

-------------------
Óglaigh na hÉireann
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 3:14:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Who knows if the 9/11 stuff mentioned was real or not. Just like the evidence now coming out that the U.S. did know beforehand of the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor, it will probably take decades before all of the information is revealed.
View Quote

The evidence reveals no such foreknowledge.  What it reveals is a knowledge that the Japanese would probably attack the US, not a knowledge it would come on December 7 at Pearl Harbor.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 6:57:47 AM EDT
[#9]
The world's water supply really should be checked for hallucinogens.  Especially in France.  [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The world's water supply really should be checked for hallucinogens.  Especially in France.  [rolleyes]
View Quote

And in Imbroglio's neighborhood.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 8:04:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Back about 2 Apr 95, an associate in Federal security informed me that they were on a 'heightened state of alert' regarding a possible action on 19 Apr.  Nothing specific was mentioned, nor any particular part of the country was singled out.

Perhaps this 'prior knowledge' topic regarding 9/11/02 was of the same ilk.  There is ample evidence that there were a number of Islamic males in the US who were known members of Al Qaeda.  Several FBI 'whistleblowers' have stepped forward, indicating that they were onto 'something.'  Vague indicators are not necessarily indicators of an imminent attack.  In hindsight, it is always possible to find evidence that was ignored or not given sufficient importance.

It is obvious that someone dropped the ball somewhere.  An operation of this size surely had to leave a footprint, regardless of who you think was behind it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2002 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

And in Imbroglio's neighborhood.
View Quote

Is it your intent to respond with ad hominems to my posts? Your bullshit is getting very old.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top