Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:35:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately no one cares...

If what is currently taking place in places like inner city Chicago were taking places in your wealthy areas this would have been addressed long ago.  It's the "out of sight out of mind" attitude, not my problem.

The reality is there is no infrastructure in these areas, no jobs, and ultimately no hope. It's a vicious cycle that just keeps repeating itself. When you have no jobs, you have nothing to hope for so you turn elsewhere.

And before the "pull yourself up by the bootstrings horseshit" unless you were born and raised in these warzones take that and shove it up your ass. This isn't 1940, we live in times where everyone is out for themselves, everyone is out to screw the other person and make as much possible money as they can at what ever cost and at everyone else's expense.

With the amount of wealth floating around, not one factory should be empty in this country, there should be no job shortages, but here we are and we have greed to thank for it.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:36:07 PM EDT
[#2]
And then what…..the gangs, the reigning democrats are pretty much one in the same, and has been for decades

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:36:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Gangs are woven into the political power structure of the city.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:40:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why have previous Presidents not instructed the FBI to descend on Chicago and other urban areas with enough assets to investigate, arrest and present cases to AG for prosecution. Are gangs not Organized Crime.......Local PD just does not have the people or support to get it done. I kept waiting for Trump to do it but he never did.
View Quote
Because it would be racist and you'd get a lot of blame if anything went wrong.    Nobody would give you credit if it worked.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:40:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish them luck!
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:43:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Local PD just does not have the people or support to get it done. I kept waiting for Trump to do it but he never did.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can anyone give me just ONE successful outcome the FBI has accomplished?

Kinda unrelated, but not really:
Can anyone give me just ONE example of the TSA thwarting a terrorist plot?

I’ll wait.
View Quote

Take off your shoes and belt, bend over and spread them cheeks.

With a 95% failure rate at detecting weapons and explosives during red team tests it is clearly useless security theater which means…

Those TSA policies were/are only actually meant to do 2 things:

1) DOMINATION - Psychological warfare to demoralize the populace into degrading and humiliating themselves and subconsciously accepting that we are owned by the gov — every time we fly we are reminded we are the gov’s bitch.  Bend over and comply or you can’t see grandma and you can’t go to Disneyland.  Comply, slave.

2) FEAR - Psychological warfare against us to constantly remind us why we are spending so much blood and treasure overseas — it’s not to enrich Wall Street and drive nails into the coffin of our Republic — all the taxes and lives sacrificed are required because of all those scapegoats scary goat herders.  Don’t question the swamp nor the deep state for sending our country down the drain, outsourcing jobs, importing slave cheap “undocumented” labor, and burning up our treasury on useless foreign wars, etc — be afraid and focus your resentment and anger towards the existential threat of some dirt hut bearded boogeyman on the other side of the globe.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why have previous Presidents not instructed the FBI to descend on Chicago and other urban areas with enough assets to investigate, arrest and present cases to AG for prosecution. Are gangs not Organized Crime.......Local PD just does not have the people or support to get it done. I kept waiting for Trump to do it but he never did.
View Quote

Ever hear of Operation Legend (sp)?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:50:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Stakeout squads and Project Exile work at the street level.  

Organized crime wants their guys armed and their victims helpless.  That's why NYC's 1911 Sullivan law was passed.  To keep rival gangsters and others disarmed.  It's why Chicago still fights tooth and nail to keep law abiding citizens disarmed.  

A fully armed and trained population is the criminal/Oligarch's worst nightmare

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Do you consider the political machine that rules Chicago to be part of Organized Crime?
View Quote

This!
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#12]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Local PD just does not have the people or support to get it done. I kept waiting for Trump to do it but he never did.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/ThatsBait-133.gif

Thus the reason for two of my three wonderful memes above.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Excellent question. No downside to that at all...
View Quote

This..

Actually part of the strategy to get people to flip from a pro “small gov” stance into DEMANDING a federal police force.

Bad news for sure.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Chicago is the graveyard of empires.  ~Herodotus, 417 BC
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#15]
wait you think the FBI will do something?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:16:18 PM EDT
[#16]
The best thing you could do for Shitcago is to legalize drugs and prostitution.  That's what organized crime feeds on.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:19:00 PM EDT
[#17]
The FBI can't stop sucking dicks long enough to do anything except be corrupt.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:29:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Richmond, VA had great success in the 90's knocking down violent crime during the drug wars of the early 90's.  James Comey actually was instrumental in starting the federal program, called Project Exile.  As I recall, it involved mandatory sentencing when firearms were involved.  Of course, after a few years of that, pressure from "community leaders" ended the practice, due to disparate impact upon people of color.

I'm all for building more prisons and mandatory sentencing for violent crimes.  I will even pay more taxes.
View Quote

Project Exile was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the thread.  A lot of gangbangers drew sentences of 20+ years at 85%.  They came out of federal prison much calmer, middle age men.  Some may still be serving their time.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:33:00 PM EDT
[#19]
the problem is democracy and corrupt government and a nation who's moral compass has a broken needle
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:34:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
the problem is democracy and corrupt government and a nation who's moral compass has a broken needle
View Quote
Shit that needle has left Earth's orbit and is nearing the Andromeda Galaxy for god's sake.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#21]
OP makes the mistake of thinking that .gov at any level wants to reduce crime.

If crime were to suddenly disappear then most of the government at all levels would be useless and that fact would be obvious to the most casual observer.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:36:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Smoke and Mirrors. They will go after key identified leaders and they will give them big time in prison but new smaller leaders will emerge and more violence will ensue. We have done this already time and time again. If you want to stop the shootings, you have to fund and fully staff the CPD. You also have to give them the leeway to get the mopes off the corners and protect  the CPD from lawsuits that will follow. In short you need the gangs to FEAR the POLICE again, as it is now they do not. They have no reason to.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 1:39:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Richmond, VA had great success in the 90's knocking down violent crime during the drug wars of the early 90's.  James Comey actually was instrumental in starting the federal program, called Project Exile.  As I recall, it involved mandatory sentencing when firearms were involved.  Of course, after a few years of that, pressure from "community leaders" ended the practice, due to disparate impact upon people of color.

I'm all for building more prisons and mandatory sentencing for violent crimes.  I will even pay more taxes.
View Quote

I believe Project Exile also sent prisoners to distant federal prisons. That stopped the convicted gang bangers going to prison and hanging out with members from their gang. A local conviction simply meant hanging out with your homies in prison instead of out of prison. A federal conviction meant you went to a potentially hostile environment without backup.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

^this.  Your fighting the culture itself, not just some organized group like the traditional Mafia.   I'd rather live near the Mafia.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how do you investigate crimes where there are no witnesses that will talk to you, no less testify?

If you took the gangs, the guns, and the drugs away wholesale, they'd still be killing each other.

Because it's part of the rules of their ghetto culture to do so.

^this.  Your fighting the culture itself, not just some organized group like the traditional Mafia.   I'd rather live near the Mafia.

There's a theory that the rise of gangs in the 1980s was due in part to the breakup of the mafia. The idea is that the mafia kept the gangs in line in order to not draw much attention to the 'business' the mafia was conducting. Prosecute the heads of a few families, and the gangs rose up to fill the void.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:12:56 PM EDT
[#25]
There is no upside for Beetlejuice to allow her constituency to be "fixed".  Job security is a thing.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 2:15:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Stakeout squads and Project Exile work at the street level.  

Organized crime wants their guys armed and their victims helpless.  That's why NYC's 1911 Sullivan law was passed.  To keep rival gangsters and others disarmed.  It's why Chicago still fights tooth and nail to keep law abiding citizens disarmed.  

A fully armed and trained population is the criminal/Oligarch's worst nightmare

View Quote

Big Tim Sullivan who wrote the law was one of the dirtiest Tammany Hall creations ever. It was done to get criminal charges on rivals.  

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:12:29 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Project Exile was the first thing that I thought of when I saw the thread.  A lot of gangbangers drew sentences of 20+ years at 85%.  They came out of federal prison much calmer, middle age men.  Some may still be serving their time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We’d see guys back on the street, after that 60 month day for day warehousing…the joke back then was brah, welcome home, but the gerrycurl got to go
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:16:15 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you consider the political machine that rules Chicago to be part of Organized Crime?

This!

Where else but Chicago, could you get politicians to give millions of tax dollars to notorious street gangs, and poverty pimps like Jesse Jackson be the intermediary.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#29]
The crime problem in Chicago is systemic, there is no amount of FBI is going to fix it.  The former Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich went to prison for trying to sell BHO's old Senate seat. They are corrupt to the core.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:21:00 PM EDT
[#30]
The FBI?  

Lol!
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Sounds like it might work.  Let the mob clean it up.  Probably won't take long either.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:28:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Not enough jan 6 protests for any democrats to care.  Plus its black on black crime so no one cares, it fits their agenda and saves money.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:30:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Sending criminals to get crime under control seems counter-intuitive.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 3:56:00 PM EDT
[#34]
Too late, I think the FIB has been disbanded!
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:31:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
They already did, and broke up the highly-organized gangs in the 90s-00s. Now it's small, fractured, less organized gangs that are harder to track and trace.
View Quote

and more jockeying for power/turf/trade.

Honestly if there were a SINGLE gang controlling chicago it might HELP.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:35:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They already did, and broke up the highly-organized gangs in the 90s-00s. Now it's small, fractured, less organized gangs that are harder to track and trace.

Some people need a brutal dictator to keep them in line.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:35:23 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

except for that pesky States Rights thing.

Not a Fed MOS for dealing with States matters.
View Quote

Correct. Feds cannot enforce state laws.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:51:40 PM EDT
[#38]
Lol.

The feds only take slam dunk cases.  They've got something like a 99.8% conviction rate.

Which on the face of it should be alarming, but it's been insane for years now.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:53:49 PM EDT
[#39]
Probably because the their donor base is profiting from the existing system.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 4:54:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Are they going after the politicians first?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 5:01:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I’ll wait.
View Quote

Sunday the FBI successfully concluded an investigation to end a very serious breach in the security of the United States. The arrest of Robert Hanssen...

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:17:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

If what is currently taking place in places like inner city Chicago were taking places in your wealthy areas this would have been addressed long ago.  It's the "out of sight out of mind" attitude, not my problem.

The reality is there is no infrastructure in these areas, no jobs, and ultimately no hope. It's a vicious cycle that just keeps repeating itself. When you have no jobs, you have nothing to hope for so you turn elsewhere.

And before the "pull yourself up by the bootstrings horseshit" unless you were born and raised in these warzones take that and shove it up your ass. This isn't 1940, we live in times where everyone is out for themselves, everyone is out to screw the other person and make as much possible money as they can at what ever cost and at everyone else's expense.

With the amount of wealth floating around, not one factory should be empty in this country, there should be no job shortages, but here we are and we have greed to thank for it.

View Quote
What kinds of jobs do you suggest we give these folks?

Please list their skills, and comment on their commitment and reliability for us.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Take off your shoes and belt, bend over and spread them cheeks.

With a 95% failure rate at detecting weapons and explosives during red team tests it is clearly useless security theater which means

Those TSA policies were/are only actually meant to do 2 things:

1) DOMINATION - Psychological warfare to demoralize the populace into degrading and humiliating themselves and subconsciously accepting that we are owned by the gov  every time we fly we are reminded we are the gov's bitch.  Bend over and comply or you can't see grandma and you can't go to Disneyland.  Comply, slave.

2) FEAR - Psychological warfare against us to constantly remind us why we are spending so much blood and treasure overseas  it's not to enrich Wall Street and drive nails into the coffin of our Republic  all the taxes and lives sacrificed are required because of all those scapegoats scary goat herders.  Don't question the swamp nor the deep state for sending our country down the drain, outsourcing jobs, importing slave cheap "undocumented" labor, and burning up our treasury on useless foreign wars, etc  be afraid and focus your resentment and anger towards the existential threat of some dirt hut bearded boogeyman on the other side of the globe.
View Quote
TSA excels at feeling up elderly white women, I was allowed to watch.

If you say anything or cause a scene, you will at best never get on another airplane again.

They don't give a fuck how you get home.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:42:51 PM EDT
[#44]
They will do what they did in Ferguson,MO and charge the PD with Civil Rights violations, put them on probation....
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:45:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Remember last yr where blm/Antifa were burning down Chicago.. .

Welp that ended right at the border to the luxury shopping district. All of the sudden there were cops,  roadblocks etc

Interesting, huh?
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:50:56 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Kinda unrelated, but not really:
Can anyone give me just ONE example of the TSA thwarting a terrorist plot?

I’ll wait.
View Quote

TSA.  Nope.

FBI. Well they have run a long op which has convinced people that they are legitimate and should be trusted and revered as an agency to look up to. And that the rank and file just want to do the right thing (if 9nly they were allowed. Lol)

This has been so successful.. I. m sure some of GD works for them and supports them directly or indirectly in their day jobs as well.

So there is that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 10:52:38 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

This ^^^.

Link Posted: 8/10/2021 11:00:58 PM EDT
[#48]
The Mob mostly killed each other, even back in the Capone days. These assholes don’t care who they kill. You can’t approach feral people the same as they approached the Mob.
Link Posted: 8/11/2021 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Has there been a plane hijacked or used as a weapon (that originated in the U.S.) since the TSA was formed?

The answer is "No", because the brave men, women, and non binary humans of the TSA put their lives on the line every day to keep us safe.
View Quote

That's how I always explain it. How many terrorist plots did I foil today? All of them!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top