Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/28/2005 6:51:57 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:33:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Yum!  Thanks I know what's for dinner tonight!  Patty *ETA* I'll try to think of something to share myself.  Since its summer I tend to slam something on the BBQ at the last minute.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Hokie's PBJ:

Two slices of bread
Jelly
Peanut Butter
*Marshmellow Fluff

Directions:

Apply layer of Jelly and Peanut Butter to both slices of bread.

Serves one.

*Optional
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:29:37 AM EDT
[#4]
M4arc’s Classic Family Nacho Receipt:

1 bag of Tostitos Crispy Rounds
1 16oz block of Kraft Cheddar & Monterey Jack cheese
1 12oz jar of Mt. Olive Mild Banana Rings
1 jar of Tostitos salsa (your choice)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Place chips on sheet with a slice of cheese and 1-2 banana peppers per chip.  Heat for 3-5 minutes and remove from oven.  Place a dab of salsa on each chip and serve warm.

Great for football games
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:34:10 AM EDT
[#5]
I will be watching this thread.

Thanks
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:45:54 AM EDT
[#8]
DVR9's (DV8's if you prefer) Margarita Grilled Mahi

For this phenominal dish, you will need the following:

Fresh fish of your choice.  I like mahi, group, salmon, flounder or trout.  
Tequila, limes, cointreau etc... (margarita ingredients)
Salt, Pepper
Peach/Mango Salsa (I make my own, but Newmans Own is excellent too)

Fire up the grill (unless you are TexRdNeck.  In that case, consume mass quantities of Miller Lite and then fire up grill).

Make a pitcher of Margarita's.  Use your favorite recipe.  Drink a few.  Save some as a marinade.

Place filets in a tupperware or baking dish.  Sprinkle/rub with a dash of salt and pepper.
Pour Margarita over filet.  Refrigerate for 20 minutes.

Remove from dish and place on medium fire grill.  Baste filet with marinade as you go.  

Grille first side and flip.  Reduce heat to low.  When second side is halfway done, spoon on several spoonful's of salsa.  Cover grill and let finish.

Remove from fire and serve with more margarita's.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 11:54:58 AM EDT
[#9]
USMC SOS

1 1/2 pounds of extra lean hamburger or ground chuck
2 Tbl margarine or butter
1 cup chopped onion
3 Tbl flour
2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbl soy sauce (or less to taste)
1 Tbl Worcestershire sauce
2 cups milk
salt and pepper to taste
toast or hash browns

Brown the meat, then drain. Add margerine/butter. Stir in onions and cook until you can through them. Add flour, stir, and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Add garlic, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mix thoroughly. Add milk and stir until it thickens. Serve over the toast or hash browns.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:03:20 PM EDT
[#10]
DV8's Simply the Best You'll Ever Eat" Beef/Venison Stew.

Works great with any big game meat.

2 pounds boneless beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 cups chopped yellow onions
2 carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
2 tablespoons tomato paste
2 bay leaves
2 sprigs fresh thyme
1 cup seeded and roughly chopped plum tomatoes
8 ounces button mushrooms, wiped clean and quartered
2 cups dry red wine
3 cups reduced beef or chicken stock (can make from Beef Bullion)
1 pound baking potatoes, like russets, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
1 cup green peas

Place the meat in a dish. Combine the flour.  Dredge the meat in the flour to lightly coat, shaking to remove any excess.
In a large pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the meat in batches and cook, stirring until evenly browned. As the meat browns, remove to a plate. Add the onions, carrots, and turnip, salt, and pepper, and cook, stirring, until soft, about 3 minutes. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add the tomato paste and cook until brown, about 2 minutes. Add the bay leaves, thyme, and tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.

Add the wine and stir to deglaze the pan. Add the stock and potatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, cover, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the meat is very tender, 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Add the peas to the stew during the last 5 minutes of cooking time. Remove from the heat and discard the bay leaves and thyme stems. Add the parsley and stir to combine.

Great served with biscuits or homemade bread!  Excellent for camping/hunting trips as it is easy to make in one cast iron pot over a fire.  I make large batches and freeze for later!

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 12:09:39 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a recipe for cheesecake that I used to sell to restaurants.  I would give that out, but the Lovely Ladies of ARFCOM would only curse my name after about a week or so.  Don't say you won't, you will...trust me!

NY Cheesecake
Kahlua Cheesecake
Bailey's Irish Cream Cheesecake
Amoretto Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake
White Chocolate Truffle with Raspberry Cheesecake
Chocolate Cheesecake

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Bean Dip (the quantities in this recipe are the ones I use if I'm making it for a party)

2 cans refried beans
1 pkg cream cheese, cut up into little bits
1/2 block shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 jar salsa (whatever hotness you like) I prefer mild because I'm a wuss

Heat beans in a saucepan until they're bubbling.  Add cream cheese and stir until melted.  Add cheddar cheese and salsa and continue stirring until hot.  Serve with tortilla chips.

Simple, easy, great for superbowl parties; I like to make it when I'm in a snacking mood so it's there at three in the morning.

Sorry if the amoutns are too vauge.  I just play it by ear.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:37:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:44:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Warm, Soft Chocolate Cake
Makes 4 individual cakes  

Undercooked chocolate cake: "A mistake," says Jean-Georges, that has become one of the most popular (and copied) desserts in New York. When you cut into the brownie like crust with your spoon, the warm creamy pudding like center oozes out. This brings out the kid in everyone; but the barely sweet nature of the chocolate batter is too sophisticated for most children. It's best when served with a scoop of vanilla or caramel ice cream. The cakes can be prepared ahead, refrigerated, and then brought to room temperature before baking.
Warm, Soft, Chocolate Cake  

1/2 cup (1 stick) butter; plus a little for buttering the molds
4 squares (4 ounces) bittersweet chocolate, preferably Valrhona
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons flour; plus a little more for dusting

1. In the top of a double boiler set over simmering water; heat the butter and chocolate together until the chocolate is almost completely melted.( I just nuke them together ) While that's heating, beat together the eggs, yolks, and sugar with a whisk or electric beater until light and thick.

2. Beat together the melted chocolate and butter; it should be quite warm. Pour in the egg mixture, then quickly beat in the flour; just until combined.

3. Butter and lightly flour four 4-ounce molds, custard cups, or ramekins. Tap out the excess flour Divide the batter among the molds. (At this point you can refrigerate the desserts until you are ready to eat, for up to several hours; bring them to room temperature before baking.)

4. Preheat the oven to 450°F. Bake the molds on a tray for 6 to 7 minutes; the center will still be quite soft, but the sides will be set.

5. Invert each mold onto a plate and let sit for about 10 seconds. Unmold by lifting one corner of the mold; the cake will fall out onto the plate. Serve immediately.

-----------------------

ORANGE SHOYU CARAMELIZED SALMON From the Kitchen of:  Ritz Carlton Kapalua, Chef Craig Connole

Ingredients:
Two 6oz. Salmon Filets
1 Tblsp. Oil
1 oz. Soy Sauce
1 oz. Grande Marnier ( doesn't have to have this I rarely use it)
1/4 Cup Sugar

Instructions:
Season salmon with salt and pepper.  Press salmon into sugar for three seconds and then remove.
 Heat a sauté pan to medium high heat, then add oil and place salmon in pan, sugar side down.
 Cook until sugar becomes a dark caramel color.  De-glaze the pan with soy sauce and
Grande Marnier.  Turn the salmon over and remove from pan.   Place salmon, sugar side up
on a cookie sheet and place in the oven at 350° F. for 4-6 minutes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:58:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 7:23:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Not mine, but its good.

pasta.allrecipes.com/az/Lasagna.asp

INGREDIENTS:

* 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
   * 1 onion, chopped
   * 2 cloves garlic, minced
   * 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
   * 1 teaspoon dried oregano
   * 2 tablespoons brown sugar
   * 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
   * 1 (29 ounce) can diced tomatoes
   * 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
   * 12 dry lasagna noodles
   * 2 eggs, beaten
   * 1 pint part-skim ricotta cheese
   * 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
   * 2 tablespoons dried parsley
   * 1 teaspoon salt
   * 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
   * 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a skillet over medium heat, brown ground beef, onion and garlic; drain fat. Mix in basil, oregano, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, diced tomatoes and tomato paste. Simmer for 30 to 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
  2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add lasagna noodles, and cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until al dente; drain. Lay noodles flat on towels, and blot dry.
  3. In a medium bowl, mix together eggs, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, parsley and 1 teaspoon salt.
  4. Layer 1/3 of the lasagna noodles in the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Cover noodles with 1/2 ricotta mixture, 1/2 of the mozzarella cheese and 1/3 of the sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining noodles and sauce. Sprinkle additional Parmesan cheese over the top.
  5. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

pie.allrecipes.com/az/AwardWinningPeachesandCrea.asp

INGREDIENTS:

* 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
   * 1/2 teaspoon salt
   * 1 teaspoon baking powder
   * 1 (3 ounce) package non-instant vanilla pudding mix
   * 3 tablespoons butter, softened
   * 1 egg
   * 1/2 cup milk
   * 1 (29 ounce) can sliced peaches, drained and syrup reserved
   * 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
   * 1/2 cup white sugar
   * 1 tablespoon white sugar
   * 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of a 10 inch deep-dish pie pan.
  2. In a medium mixing bowl, mix together flour, salt, baking powder and pudding mix. Mix in butter, egg and milk. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour mixture into pie pan. Arrange the peach slices on top of the pudding mixture.
  3. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Add 1/2 cup sugar and 3 tablespoons reserved peach syrup. Beat for 2 minutes. Spoon mixture over peaches to within 1 inch of pan edge. Mix together 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and sprinkle over top.
  4. Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden brown. Chill before serving.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:22:09 PM EDT
[#18]
White Chili - I copied and pasted this from all recipes.com because I'm too lazy to write the instructions but I got a blue ribbon at our county fair for this chili!

* 1 1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cubed
   * 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
   * 1 red bell pepper, chopped
   * 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
   * 4 fresh jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
   * 1 clove garlic, minced
   * 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
   * 1/2 teaspoon salt
   * 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
   * 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
   * 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
   * 1 tablespoon olive oil
   * 3 tablespoons butter
   * 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
   * 2 cups chicken broth
   * 2 (14 ounce) cans great northern beans, undrained

1. In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add chicken, and saute until cooked through. Remove the chicken from the pan.
  2. Saute the onion, red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, jalapeno chile peppers and garlic in the same skillet. Return the chicken, along with the ginger, salt, sage, cumin and white pepper. Mix thoroughly.
  3. In a separate small saucepan or skillet, melt butter or margarine over medium heat. Stir in flour to make a roux. Whisk in the chicken broth and mix all together. Stir this mixture into the sauteed chicken and vegetables.
  4. Stir in the beans with can liquid, and simmer all over low heat for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked and heated through.

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 9:56:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 7/28/2005 10:27:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:02:09 AM EDT
[#21]
Cockroach Dip
-----------------

1 package of Cream Cheese or Neufschatel (sp?)
1 standard small can chopped ripe olives

Empty entire cream cheese brick into bowl.  Heat in microwave on 60% power for 30-45 seconds to soften.
Drain olives.
Add olives to cream cheese; stir.
If the mixture is still difficult to stir, nuke at 10-15 second intervals until it is easy to stir.

Now proceed to eat an entire bag of Ruffles and finish off the whole bowl of dip.  
Serves 1.    (Possibly more than 1...)

p.s.--name is obvious after you mix in the olives.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:39:00 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/9k1hjk.jpg
<snipped>

oooooh you are an evil one...........
and I am not saying that like it's a bad thing.....................
<sets Jaw>

Treadmill now...Cake later....
Cake or death?
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:13:08 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I thought I'd make a thread where we could post our all-time favorite recipes.  Let's keep this thread ongoing, as I'm sure we'll add new recipes as time goes on.  I love to trade recipes, and I love to try other people's 'great ones'.  

I'll start with this one, and add more later...

EMERIL'S KICKED UP MEATLOAF   (It absolutely ROCKS! You'll never try another recipe for it.)

2 tablespoons butter
1 large onion, chopped
1 rib celery, finely chopped
1/2 red bell pepper, finely chopped
2 teaspoons minced garlic, plus 1 teaspoon
1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup ketchup (use more if you're adding more tomatoes for the sauce), plus 1/4 cup
2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 cup Heavy cream
2/3 cup Breadcrumbs
1 pound ground chuck
1/2 pound pork sausage (such as breakfast sausage)
1/2 pound ground veal (If you're not into veal, use 1lb sausage, turns out great)
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons plus 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 slices bacon, cut in half
2 tablespoons white or red wine vinegar
1/2 cup canned tomatoes, chopped or crushed (I use about 2 CANS, makes more sauce)
In a large skillet heat the butter over medium-high heat until melted. Add all but 1/4 cup of the onions, the celery and all but 2 tablespoons of the bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are softened and beginning to caramelize around the edges, about 6 minutes. Add 2 teaspoons of the garlic, the thyme, rosemary, and parsley and cook for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
When the vegetable mixture is cooled, transfer to a mixing bowl and add the eggs, mustard, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1 teaspoon of the Worcestershire sauce, and heavy cream and mix until thoroughly combined. Add the breadcrumbs, ground chuck, pork sausage, ground veal, 1 teaspoon of the salt and 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper and mix until just combined. Do not overmix. Transfer meat mixture to a 9 by 5 by 3-inch loaf pan and using your hands, form mixture into a loaf shape. Arrange the slices of bacon on the top of the meatloaf and set aside.
In a small saucepan combine the remaining 1/4 cup of chopped onion, remaining 2 tablespoons of green pepper, remaining teaspoon of garlic, remaining 1/2 cup of ketchup, remaining 2 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce, remaining 1/2 teaspoon of salt, remaining 2 teaspoons of pepper, vinegar, and canned tomatoes and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
Pour the sauce over the uncooked meatloaf and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the bacon and sauce are slightly caramelized on the top of the meatloaf. Remove from the oven and cover loosely with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Slice and serve along with the Macaroni with 4 Cheeses.

JEEPERS!  Meatloaf isn't supposed to have THAT MANY ingredients, Hon!  But if you recommend it, I'll just HAVE to try it.

Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:02:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:05:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Here is mine.

Cut up chicken breasts into small pieces, boil in soy sauce, terrayki sauce and other stuff until cooked, boil longer for more flavor, serve with rice.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 2:40:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:41:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 9:42:02 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
You guys are going to think this is lame, but I practically lived on this stuff in college.

Poor Man's Mac

Kraft Mac and Cheese, made like the box says
1 can Cream of Chicken soup
1 can Swanson's chicken

Mix together.

Yum.

I used to put either ground beef or tuna in it.
Cheap, easy, and still good.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 2:00:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:33:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I bake a lot, and this is my favorite muffin recipe. Great fresh out of the oven. Sometimes I make big batches and freeze them for later.

BUTTERMILK OATMEAL MUFFINS

In a medium bowl, blend:                                  
9 large eggs                                                    
1 cup buttermilk                                                
1/2 cup butter, melted                                    
1 TBSP. vanilla extract                                    
1.5 cups pure maple syrup    

In a large bowl, blend:  
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBSP. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 TBSP. cinnamon

Add:
3 cups rolled oats

Combine the mixtures just enough to blend. Put the mix into the muffins pan (makes 12 large muffins). Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

You can add whatever you like to the mix, like some blueberries or cranberries, cherries, even peanut butter. They're yummmmmmmmy.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 7:49:46 AM EDT
[#32]

I bake a lot, and this is my favorite muffin recipe. Great fresh out of the oven. Sometimes I make big batches and freeze them for later.

Hi Bellona. I don't know if you bake cheesecakes, but they are easy and impressive if you need a nice dessert.

Coconut Fudge Cheesecake

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 12   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Cheesecakes

Amount  Measure       Ingredient -- Preparation Method
--------  ------------  --------------------------------
  1                    CRUST
         cup           graham cracker crumbs
    3/4  cup           almonds -- sliced
    1/2  cup           coconut flakes
  7      tablespoons   butter
    1/4  cup           brown sugar
                       FILLING
  2      pounds        cream cheese
    3/4  cup           sugar
    1/4  teaspoon      almond extract
  1      cup           coco Lopez
  1      cup           coconut flakes -- toasted
  2      tablespoons   flour
  4                    eggs
                       TOPPING
  5      tablespoons   whipping cream
  5      tablespoons   corn syrup, light
  8      ounces        semisweet chocolate chips
    3/4  cup           almonds -- sliced
    1/4  cup           coconut -- toasted

Preheat oven to 325.

FOR CRUST: Blend graham crackers until crumbled, mix in almonds, coconut and sugar. Melt butter and combine. Press into bottom & sides of 9" springform pan and bake @ 350 for 10 minutes.

FOR  CHEESECAKE: In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth, mix in sugar. Beat in eggs one at a time until fluffy, mix in sugar, flour, coconut, coconut milk and extracts. Pour into crust. Bake until set in center, about 1-1/4 hours. Cool overnight to set cake.

Melt chocolate and syrup with 5 tablespoons cream in double boiler. Let topping cool and spread over top of cheesecake. Sprinkle almonds and toasted coconut on cake top. Chill for two hours to set topping.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:54:45 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#34]
<Lloyd Bridges>"Looks like I picked a bad day to start Weight Watchers."</Lloyd Bridges>
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:41:19 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

BUTTERMILK OATMEAL MUFFINS

In a medium bowl, blend:                                  
9 large eggs                                                    
1 cup buttermilk                                                
1/2 cup butter, melted                                    
1 TBSP. vanilla extract                                    
1.5 cups pure maple syrup    

In a large bowl, blend:  
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 TBSP. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 TBSP. cinnamon

Add:
3 cups rolled oats

Combine the mixtures just enough to blend. Put the mix into the muffins pan (makes 12 large muffins). Bake for 18 to 20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.

You can add whatever you like to the mix, like some blueberries or cranberries, cherries, even peanut butter. They're yummmmmmmmy.

I bet this is really good... it should be with 9 eggs between 12 muffins!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:12:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Hi Bellona. I don't know if you bake cheesecakes, but they are easy and impressive if you need a nice dessert.

This sounds absolutely heavenly! I'm gonna try this sometime soon and pass it along to my mother. She organizes the catering for her church's events and she's a dang good cook. She'll love this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:15:32 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

I bet this is really good... it should be with 9 eggs between 12 muffins!

Yeah, but they gotta be cheesy eggs and prepare to skip lunch and possibly dinner.

Muffins will be the death of me. I grew to love them in college (comfort food) and they're the reason why I can't do Atkins. I do, however, substitute whole wheat flour in my recipes and use bananas/applesauce in lieu of oil.

I try.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#38]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This sounds absolutely heavenly! I'm gonna try this sometime soon and pass it along to my mother. She organizes the catering for her church's events and she's a dang good cook. She'll love this.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, I've collected lots of recipes over the years.
My wife's line is, "I just love seeing a man in an apron."

Here is one for the Sowthwest crowd.

Carne Adovada

4 pounds pork roast, sliced
2 cups onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 t oregano
2 t coriander seed, crushed
1 T honey
5 T chile powder
2 T sherry vinegar
1 cup beef broth

If you start with whole chiles seed and devein them and process with all the ingredients except the broth to form a paste. Combine the paste and broth with the meat in a zip lock bag and refridgerate overnight.

Simmer on low heat for two hours.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#39]
For those who may want to try .... you will not regret it.

SPECIAL CARROT CAKE

2       cups white sugar
1 1/4 cup vegtable oil
4       eggs
2       cups all purpose flour
2       tsp. baking soda
1       tsp. table salt
1       tsp. cinnamon (i actually put  2 because i love the taste and fragrance)
1/2    tsp. nutmeg

1       cup Pecans (or walnuts, if you want) / chopped
1/2    cup raisins  / chopped
1       cup crushed pineapple (these are canned pineapples. Del Monte or Dole, are the brands that      come to mind that i think are available there) / drain all canned juice
2       cups grated carrots

Sift / and mix together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Set aside.

Cream sugar and oil in a large bowl with a mixer. Add eggs one at a time while mixing. When blended, add the flour mixture. Mix until you get a consistent batter. Remove mixer.

Add pecans, raisins, pineapple and carrots into the mix. FOLD together.

Pour into either a greased 13 x 9 cake pan (i usually use muffin pans so the cakes are already in  serving size). Bake at 350deg F for 45 minutes.

Enjoy! hat
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 1:19:20 AM EDT
[#40]
Sounds great but what do you mean by plus 1 or plus 1/4 cup:

2 teaspoons minced garlic, plus 1 teaspoon
1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
1 teaspoon chopped rosemary
1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
2 eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1/2 cup ketchup (use more if you're adding more tomatoes for the sauce), plus 1/4 cup

This may be on the menu this weekend
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:04:35 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I have a recipe for cheesecake that I used to sell to restaurants.  I would give that out, but the Lovely Ladies of ARFCOM would only curse my name after about a week or so.  Don't say you won't, you will...trust me!

NY Cheesecake
Kahlua Cheesecake
Amoretto Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Chocolate Cheesecake

I don't believe you.  

If I ever make it to an ARFCOM shoot or perhaps The Hun Farm next year, I will now have to prove you wrong.  Just promise me you won't be mad when you gain a few extra pounds.  Women always love me while they are eating, but hate me in the following weeks as the extra pounds pack on.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:08:33 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NY Cheesecake
Kahlua Cheesecake
Amoretto Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Chocolate Cheesecake

I don't believe you.  

If I ever make it to an ARFCOM shoot or perhaps The Hun Farm next year, I will now have to prove you wrong.  Just promise me you won't be mad when you gain a few extra pounds.  Women always love me while they are eating, but hate me in the following weeks as the extra pounds pack on.

<snort>
20 extra minutes on the treadmill...that's all it'll take...Now make me a Sammich CHEESECAKE
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:14:53 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

NY Cheesecake
Kahlua Cheesecake
Amoretto Cheesecake
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Chocolate Cheesecake

I don't believe you.  

<snort>
20 extra minutes on the treadmill...that's all it'll take...Now make me a Sammich CHEESECAKE

Treadmill????  Don't you mean the Tilt-A-Whirl or The Cyclone?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:27:53 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

<snort>

Hmph! I may walk alone, but I don't "ride" alone, babe...
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 5:38:03 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

<snort>

Hmph! I may walk alone, but I don't "ride" alone, babe...

I know...better make it an extra 2 hour ride.  
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 4:40:38 PM EDT
[#46]
What's It's

brown one pound of ground meat and drain
add a can of ranch style beans
grease a muffin tin
place canned biscuits in the tin and make a depression in them
fill with meat and bean mixture
bake according to biscuit directions
you can add a little grated cheese to the top if you like and I like a little Pace on mine.
The kids will love them and the left over meat mixture makes great burritos on flour tortillas the next day or good in a can of tomato soup.

crock pot
skinless chicken breast or pork chops
cover with a can of cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup white wine
add red pepper and crushed dried mint to taste
on low in the crock pot all day .........meat will be so tender you can cut it with a fork
thicken the juice for a great gravy over potatoes or rice.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:56:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I love making this dessert....very simple to make and you will never have leftovers.

2 cans crushed pinapple
2 cans cherry pie filling
1 box of yellow cake mix (I sometimes use one and a half boxes.  It depends on how big of a pan you are using.)
1-2 sticks of butter

Pour the pinapple in a glass pan and spread around evenly.  Do the same with the cherry pie filling.  Pour the yellow cake mix over top the fruit so that it covers everything.  With your fingertips, make a lot of small holes in the cake mix all over it.  Melt the butter and pour over top the cake mix.  Put in the oven at 350 degrees until golden brown (about 20 minutes).

Serve and Enjoy.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 12:23:03 AM EDT
[#48]
tagged

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 1:29:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Old Fashioned Molasses Stack Cake

1/2 c. shortening
1 c. white sugar
1 c. molasses
2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
4 c. flour

Mix together everything above except for the flour. Then, beat in the flour and knead. If the dough is too soft to roll, add more flour.

Roll it out to 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with pie pan or plate. Bake on a cookie sheet for 400 degrees. Use cooked dried apples or applesauce as a filling. Spread on layers as you like.

Makes 5-6 mmmm mmmm good layers.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:32:47 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Old Fashioned Molasses Stack Cake

1/2 c. shortening
1 c. white sugar
1 c. molasses
2 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk
2 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
4 c. flour

Mix together everything above except for the flour. Then, beat in the flour and knead. If the dough is too soft to roll, add more flour.

Roll it out to 1/4 to 1/2-inch thickness. Cut with pie pan or plate. Bake on a cookie sheet for 400 degrees. Use cooked dried apples or applesauce as a filling. Spread on layers as you like.

Makes 5-6 mmmm mmmm good layers.

Bellona, do you mean frosting where you wrote "filling".  I'm unsure what there is to fill.  Also, how long do you cook it for?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top