Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2003 6:19:42 PM EDT
Anyone else see the FAL on the season ender of 24?
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:23:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Didn't notice any FALs, just saw the HK PSG1 the sniper had and Jack took.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:42:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Good eye, your right
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Wonder if it will become the new gun for TV bad guys---doubt you'll ever see an AK used as a sniper rifle!
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 6:46:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Where was the FAL in 24? I caught the G3/SG-1 in the stadium.

There was a FAL in JAG tonight too, it was being carried by one of the soldiers at the checkpoint.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Is it me or did anyone else think the "big twist you won't even believe" ending was weak as hell.  I was waiting for a second nuclear bomb to go off in another city or something.  How the hell does killing the president do any good for the terrorists who still wanted to start the war?  I feel like I wasted 24 Tuesday nights for that shitty ending.  Last years ending was much better.  Maybe it's just me.  Sorry to hi-jack.  I thought that it was an FAL too.  The quick shot of the mag well is what made me think that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:47:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Where was the FAL in 24? I caught the G3/SG-1 in the stadium.

There was a FAL in JAG tonight too, it was being carried by one of the soldiers at the checkpoint.
View Quote

I didnt see an FAL or PSG1. I saw an HKG3. Jack was kappin fools in the stadium with it. My buddy just bought one. Pretty cool rifle...

Edited to add: I thought the ending was awesome. There has to be a 3rd season now. I was so worried it was over. That chick at the end put something on the Pres. hand and then she saved his handprint. Something big is going down. Mark my words ladies, I think they are gonna get thier hands on some nuclear launch codes with that handprint.....
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:55:46 PM EDT
[#7]
It looked like a G3 to me too.

But I saw a FAL on JAG. [whacko]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 3:36:38 AM EDT
[#8]
My first thought was FAL, but then I'm not really familiar with those rifles (yet).  Did you notice that although he got some good hits he missed a lot?  Jack- don't rush your shots.

There was an M-14 or M-1A on CSI last week, too.  That guy didn't miss.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:03:13 AM EDT
[#9]
According to the FOX "24" website, the rifle on the roof was a "NEW SAR9" which is complete BS. It was a PSG1. The guy on the FOX site also refers to Jack's truck as a YUKON so he obviously doesn't know much despite working on the show...go figure...

http://www.fox.com/24/
go to "Script to Screen" and then click on the 9th dot at the top of the screen...should say "Jack's Guns"...it's a small real player file.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:16:37 AM EDT
[#10]
It was likely an MSG90 (or a very good clone), as it had no flash hider.

Also, FOX may have been talking about an SR9 which has been dressed up in all the MSG90 acoutrements.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:18:11 AM EDT
[#11]
[img]http://www.hkpro.com/psg1.jpg[/img]

See a flash hider?[:D]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:21:04 AM EDT
[#12]
The rifle in the show did not have PSG-1 furniture.  It had an adjustable shoulder stock similar to the SR9/MSG90 series.

[url]http://www.hkpro.com/msg90.htm[/url]

[url]http://www.hkpro.com/sr9.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 4:26:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Ahhh...BUT it did have the PSG-1 pistol grip w/ the flat base.

Maybe someone working on 24 is an AR15.com member and tried to make a new "HEAT" gun for us to talk about? LOL!
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 5:47:55 AM EDT
[#14]
And one more thing.  I thought the ending in the coliseum was kinda weak.  I thought the climax last season was good when Drazen put his empty gun down and Jack drilled him anyway.  When Kingsley was drawing down on him I knew he'd get nailed, I just didn't know if Mrs. Palmer picked up a gun or if the CTU cav would arrive in the nick of time.

You could also tell the hit on the Prez was coming.  If they had just shown the woman in white as another face in the crowd instead of tracking her beforehand it would have been better.

Still, Jack Bauer is the new action hero.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:03:07 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:11:23 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
And one more thing.  I thought the ending in the coliseum was kinda weak.  
View Quote

Not me. I thought it kicked major ass,  
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#17]
Most of it was good, but you just knew Kingsley was going to get drilled before squeezing the trigger.  The only question was by who.  It was that last moment that seemed like a great action sequence got dropped.

Those dozens of SWAT guys showed up after the action was over.  Jack took out all of the BGs except Kingsley, so all they got to do was drag the bodies out.  

Still, a series that kicks butt and keeps the suspense up from week to week.  I'll watch the next one if they keep it going.

As for what the Prez was hit with, I'd say chem from the speed of the effect.
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 2:54:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Yep, I was thinking the same thing. Some kind of poison, possibly a nerve agent of some kind. Looked like his hand was blistered when he fell. I'm surprised that the President wasn't in the limo within 30 seconds though. Don't forget, with Pres Palmer down, the VP takes over. Maybe he's in on the conspiracy...

Chris
Link Posted: 5/21/2003 8:00:55 PM EDT
[#19]
How many rounds in the mag? Looked like a typical Hollywood mag cause I counted at least 34 shots without a change. Overall the gun handling on the show was pretty good.

As far as the ending......I was yelling Son of a Bitch!!! at the TV. We waited six months for that? Will I watch next year.....you bet I will.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top