Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 8:14:10 AM EDT
They are waiting for more info. Marines Injured.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
[url]http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=564&ncid=564&e=2&u=/nm/20030508/ts_nm/iraq_usa_blast_dc[/url]

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Eleven U.S. Marines were injured on Wednesday in an explosion in a trash container aboard the amphibious assault warship USS Saipan in the northern Arabian Sea, the Navy said.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:37:29 AM EDT
[#2]
TRASH RECEPTICLE?

Ahem. Looks like the Muslim fifth column is back to work.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
filthy ragheads at it again i bet
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:06:34 AM EDT
[#4]
If it was part of the Iraqi freedom fleet, it could be some dumbass trying to get rid of a "war trophy" by dumping it in a bin before he got caught.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 9:13:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
If it was part of the Iraqi freedom fleet, it could be some dumbass trying to get rid of a "war trophy" by dumping it in a bin before he got caught.
View Quote

If so, then marines must be as dumb as they say.  Why didn't he just pitch it overboard?
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 12:50:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

If so, then marines must be as dumb as they say.  Why didn't he just pitch it overboard?
View Quote

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I mean, they are in a huge ass body of water right?

Keving67
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:07:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

That's exactly what I was thinking.  I mean, they are in a huge ass body of water right?

Keving67
View Quote
You are all 3 slamming Marines based on an assumption that has no basis in fact.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#9]
I know they're not dumb.  But there's a widespread stereotype, and I was just working off that.

So all marines whose feelings I hurt?  I am sorry.
Link Posted: 5/8/2003 4:26:00 PM EDT
[#10]
I was on the Saipan for a Medfloat in 1986.  It is very crowded in the berthing areas.  I suspect a huge shakedown for contraband probably is in the works or may have already happened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top