Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/28/2009 4:29:18 PM EDT
I know, we all have.

Yesterday I was loading up mags for a shoot that didn't happen, and found the following forgotten items on a top shelf in the garage:

2 Glock 19 mags loaded with a total of 30 rounds Remington 147gr Golden Saber
3 AR mags loaded with 84 rounds of Q3131

At current prices, that's like looking in a pocket and getting
G19 mags $50
9mm ammo $40
AR mags $45
Q3131 $40

Total: $175.  This shooting hobby's getting expensive.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:34:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I found a $20 bill and a flashlight in a pocket once, hadn't seen them for about 6 months.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:34:47 PM EDT
[#2]
That is quite a find.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 4:34:55 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm not a dumbass
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
i'm not a dumbass

Que?

I am one for forgetting a few extra mags & ammo in the garage under some old targets?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:41:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I know, we all have.

Yesterday I was loading up mags for a shoot that didn't happen, and found the following forgotten items on a top shelf in the garage:

2 Glock 19 mags loaded with a total of 30 rounds Remington 147gr Golden Saber
3 AR mags loaded with 84 rounds of Q3131

At current prices, that's like looking in a pocket and getting
G19 mags $50
9mm ammo $40
AR mags $45
Q3131 $40

Total: $175.  This shooting hobby's getting expensive.

If only I was so lucky.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]
found a case of M193 that I had absolutely no idea it was there.

i'm always finding forgotten cash in pockets. I don't usually carry cash, so it sometimes surprises me to find some in a pocket
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:49:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes.  In February I put on a coat that I hadn't worn since going to an auction last fall.

Put my hands in my pockets,  nothing but lint.

Felt a lump in my breast pocket.  Fished around.   3k and change!
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:58:02 AM EDT
[#8]
I found a pocket knife I thought I had lost in high school in a pair of dress pants about a year ago (I'm now 25).  It really made my day, this was my Boy Scout pocket knife that I had saved up for and finally got to buy at the trading post one year at Scout camp.  It now lives on my desk with my Eagle Scout tie tack
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 5:59:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yes.  In February I put on a coat that I hadn't worn since going to an auction last fall.

Put my hands in my pockets,  nothing but lint.

Felt a lump in my breast pocket.  Fished around.   3k and change!

How do you forget about $3k?
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:00:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I found a cell phone in a jacket and 10 rounds of 5.56 in the bottom of my backpack... SCORE  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:40:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Friday I found a Spyderco Endura hanging from the drawstring around the bottom of jacket I last wore back in November.

Jane
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 6:54:52 AM EDT
[#12]
About a year ago I found a unopened pack of camel lights and a lighter...

I quit smoking in 2004  

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:18:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Yes. In February I put on a coat that I hadn't worn since going to an auction last fall.

Put my hands in my pockets, nothing but lint.

Felt a lump in my breast pocket. Fished around. 3k and change!

How do you forget about $3k?

Dunno.  Wondered the same thing myself.  Prolly had something to do with the election.

In fact when I found it, I scratched my head for about an hour until I remembered the auction.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:02:04 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I found a pocket knife I thought I had lost in high school in a pair of dress pants about a year ago (I'm now 25). It really made my day, this was my Boy Scout pocket knife that I had saved up for and finally got to buy at the trading post one year at Scout camp. It now lives on my desk with my Eagle Scout tie tack

so what scout camp? i know camp powhatan has a big trading post
i got a nice swiss army knife when i got my eagle
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:34:46 AM EDT
[#15]
I found a couple of RPG`s in an old pair of jeans.  I bought them at the Cabelas & meant to take them to Mexico but I must of forgotten about them.  
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#16]
I had a great week !

I found four loaded AR15 mags including a PMag that I forgot I had.

I found two thousand .55 and .62 grain IMI bulk projectiles in my reloading stuff that I forgot I had.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:52:15 AM EDT
[#17]
I grabbed an old snow camo parka from my garage cabinet and tossed a handful of loose 22's in my pocket while heading out the door one cold morning. Was going to pop a few bunnies with a Browning Buckmark.

Walked about 30 feet out the door and across the back yard when I heard a loud "pop" and felt something move in my pocket. A closer inspection proved that I had a small 9v battery in my pocket and grounded out on a loaded round. The fired brass shredded the inside of my pocket a little bit but otherwise no harm done.

I still haven't figured out why I had a 9v in my pocket... Might be from an old homemade LED shotgun front sight from years ago while nighttime predator hunting.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 8:54:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I once found a loaded Bersa .380 mag in a dinner jacket.  Full of Glaser Safety Slugs. Last time I wore that jacket was to a reception  about 2 years prior.

I've never owned a Bersa.
I don't know anyone that owns a Bersa.
I don't ever recall visiting the range in one of my best suits.
I've never bought Glaser ammo.
To this day I have no idea where it came from.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:16:48 AM EDT
[#19]
I am still missing a few things, mebbe I should check my pockets.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#20]
I am currently hunting for a missing PM9 mag.  If someone finds it let me know.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#21]
I found a Ruger 10/22 in my barn that I thought some Amish had walked off with a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:32:07 AM EDT
[#22]
My only find in a coat pocket was a dried out half full can of cope from the last muskie fishing trip of the fall.  I found that when I picked up the coat for spring turkey in May.  

My favorite find was a knife.  I stressed for 6 months thinking I lost a benchmade 3.5 inch autofolder first production numbered edition my best friend gave me before he went to Afganistan.  It was in my desk drawer the whole time.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:39:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I found a Ruger 10/22 in my barn that I thought some Amish had walked off with a couple years ago.

Thats funny!!

My friends wife thought their hired man had made off with 10k worth of rings, until he found them under some junk.  A month or more later.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:45:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Back during HS, my sister and I would fly back to the Peoples Republic of Maryland to visit family for the summer and I'd work at my grandfathers business. I was pretty good at saving $$$ back then. Fast forward to the following Spring, I go in my closet and pull out a Nike box containing shoes that my grandmother purchased the previous summer that I had forgotten about, and was excited that I found a pair of shoes, I go to remove them and put them on, and find $400 and some odd dollars in one of the shoes, I was floored. Aside from that, I've found a few dollars here and there in coats but nothing like the cash I found in those Nikes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top