Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There have been 443 Million NICS checks since introduces in 1998.  Add that to Clinton's 300 Million and you get 743 Million.

Although not all of those resulted in a gun purchase, it also doesn't reflect the number of multiple purchases or purchases without a NICS check by CCW permit holders.

The real number is probably closer to a billion.
View Quote

This is where my guess would be......and your estimates only cover from 1992....who knows how many ordered from the sears catalog back in the day.

This is roughly 3 guns per person in the US.  I bet if a pole was added on this thread and say you had the option of (think you are limited to 7 options, don't remember):

1.  Over 150
2.  Over 75
3.  Over 25
4.  Over 10
5.  Over 3
6.  Under 3
7.  Zero

I would guess 99.87% would be in options 1-5.  Then you have the "normies" that have one or two guns and a box of ammo for the regular joe/jane on the street, not part of ARFCOM.  

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:46:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have always wondered how many guns are lost or destroyed every year.
You see videos of police confiscated guns and guns going into the shredder and ask how many?
View Quote

Sold on gun broker.....

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It doesn’t help if it’s like one older fat guy with 100 guns.

View Quote

Don't count me out
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Dude had some serious game. I'm debating getting red and blue his and hers safes so she quits procuring my shit after she determines she likes it.  I've lost two CZs and an AR this way.
View Quote

....that's going to require a lot of extra "favors".....

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 4:55:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Why the fuck would you own an ar15?

Take on the government?

You would need f15s there bucko
View Quote

Cornpop could do it. He was a bad dude!
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Shit how many PSAs and Anderson’s were sold in the last 5 years alone.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I try thinking about just the number of ARs from time to time.

30, 50, 80 million all seem possible. No idea what the actual number is but I know they ain’t going away. Ever.

Shit how many PSAs and Anderson’s were sold in the last 5 years alone.

@rosta97

It’s all public until 2020.  2020 was around 150k firearms for psa. https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/report/afmer-2020-final-web-report/download
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#7]
In 1855 Samuel Colt could produce 150 guns per day. It’s been going up ever since. Now multiply the modern machinery by every gun manufacturer since they really got rolling after WW2. Plus all the military bring backs.  Heck, I know people that are just novice gun folk that have a bunch of guns.

I know one thing, our side outnumbers their side by a bunch.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bill clinton ( shitweasel ), crowed about 300 million guns in citizens hands all the way back in 1994, I’m sure before that, and even then IMHO it was simply a wild ass guess, ( probably low ) as they simply have no clue how many were manufactured , imported, brought home by soldiers, huge variety of nazi weapons imported by the ship load for public sale, massive numbers of other surplus weapons imported, smuggled in by various actors, etc from the dawn of the USA, say, 1492 - 1968 before they really started paying attention. Then from 1968- today they still don’t, as their records suck.  Atf with their highly regulated machine gun registry can’t even tell you how many legal machine guns exist, much less how many regular guns are manufactured each year / were made / imported etc since 1968.

Anyway.. they have been crowing 300 million since at least 1994, and are still saying 300 million today usually, over so, 30 years. Imho it’s realistically probably 500 million easily, possibly 700 million, no one fucking knows.

And daily hundreds / thousands of new guns are sold, hundreds of thousands a year, just endlessly pouring into the gaping bottomless hole that’s American gun lovers create, plus billions of rds of ammo, accessories, magazines, and best of all, most of those guns manufactured a hundred years ago are still operating, working, and sitting in closets, gun racks even today.  USA possesses something like 1/2-3/4 of the guns on planet earth, despite only being 350 million out of 6 billion.

It’s mind boggling. It’s also….

https://i.imgur.com/6kHdrD1.gif
View Quote

Which is exactly why I say that the only folks who support "Gun Control" BS, are mathematically challenged.

Back when they were throwing around the "estimated 200 to 300 million firearms in private hands", the math was perfectly clear; there are potentially at least 100 million firearms that they simply aren't sure about, which means there's no way they can "get those off the streets", which makes everything going forward, moot.

Even IF they somehow gained the legislative power to pass a total ban on possession of ANY firearms (like the delusional idiots fantasize about, for their utopia daydreams), the CRIMINALS, most of whom aren't legally supposed to possess firearms in the first place, are NEVER going to voluntarily relinquish the firearms they possess, that can't be traced to them.

The law abiding folks who even would relinquish their firearms if a ban were imposed AREN'T the problem. The criminals who've never bothered obeying laws, are going to continue not obeying laws, which simply means they're disarming and disadvantaging the law abiding, and giving the criminals the advantage. STUPID.

I try to explain all this to the retards in favor of total bans, who cite countries that have NEVER really had any significant number of firearms in private hands (and where the small number of firearms have had required forced registration for ages, so they pretty much know who has what, and when they pass a new ban, know exactly who to command, "We know you have X and Y. You have 1 week to turn them in".

That simply will never work in the US, because most of the career criminals have firearms that can't be traced/connected to them, and they sure as shit won't be turning their stuff in.

That doesn't even get into the whole 'Every nation that aims to oppress their citizenry, has begun by taking away the people's ability to resist/rebel against the oppression'.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:27:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My home leans because of the weight of guns and ammo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have trouble just fathoming how many are in the safe.

@M4ger
Nah. It's probably because you do all those thousands of pushups in the same spot. Maybe try doing them in varying parts of the house?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:30:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Let's say we averaged our 125 million legal gun owners to five guns each... that's 625 million guns.
View Quote

I  know families that own guns without being gun people.  Hunters and a few inherited guns that still have 10+ in their homes.

I know gun guys with 100+.

I know GUN guys with close to 1000.  

There are far, far more than 625 million guns in the USA.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:33:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I believe  the actual number is close to 1 billion
View Quote

OVER
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:34:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Probably 50 million gun owners with at least two dozen guns. That's 1,200,000,000. And who doesn't have at least 5,000 rounds? What I'm saying is, if there are 150,000,000 gun owners and only 5 out of 100 would actually deploy, that's still 7,500,000 armed fighters - more than all the infantry and armed police in the world, plus there are billions of other guns and mountains of ammo they can access.
I've been into them since 1992 and used to sit at the shows with a buddy. We have seen buying on a massive scale since 1994, coming in waves depending on the political situation. I used to wonder 'Where in the hell are they putting more guns and ammo?' And just think, this was/is going on all over America every single weekend of the year, for nearly 30 years, not to mention sales at brick & mortar stores and on the internet. Think about it! 200 million guns? LOL! That wouldn't scratch the surface.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

2020-2021 seemed to have a lot of gun store guys exclaiming on the sheer number of new shooters / self admitted first-time gun buyers they were seeing.  It would appear that millions, possibly tens of millions, of people bought their first guns recently.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It doesn't help if it's like one older fat guy with 100 guns.

2020-2021 seemed to have a lot of gun store guys exclaiming on the sheer number of new shooters / self admitted first-time gun buyers they were seeing.  It would appear that millions, possibly tens of millions, of people bought their first guns recently.
And that's even better news. Guns can't shoot by themselves.  An armed populace is a polite and safer-from-tyranny populace, and to me, better to have 90% of the populace armed with maybe at least 3 or 4 firearms each than 40% of the populace with 100 firearms each.
But let's not overlook ammo either, without at least a couple thousand rounds per citizen none of the other stuff matters.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:40:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Now think about the number of people who have the will to use them to do the needful...
View Quote

Allegedly...
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:43:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

personal attack  
View Quote

“Older fat guy,” is a compliment from where I sit.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:44:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thoughts are more of a threat than guns. It's the thought that needs to be controlled. That ensures the guns will never be used.

So yeah, actually that lady is more of a threat than billions of guns hidden in safes and not talked about. That's why the extreme reaction to thought.

Now we have "thought crimes", they will probably be enforced, unlike actual crimes.

Anyone remember the guy (more than one I believe) that was arrested after a violent crime, with a record of 80 something arrests in a year or so?

Or the guy on probation after a home invasion that assassinated 4 people in broad daylight?

Anyone still want to stick to "crime rates have nevah been lower"? Because that's how you get chocolate rations that go up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/7785/FB_IMG_1610123980402_jpg-2692586.JPG

...the flip side to that coin?  A few hundred unarmed "revolutionaries" like this were the most severe threat to our democracy since the Civil War....

Thoughts are more of a threat than guns. It's the thought that needs to be controlled. That ensures the guns will never be used.

So yeah, actually that lady is more of a threat than billions of guns hidden in safes and not talked about. That's why the extreme reaction to thought.

Now we have "thought crimes", they will probably be enforced, unlike actual crimes.

Anyone remember the guy (more than one I believe) that was arrested after a violent crime, with a record of 80 something arrests in a year or so?

Or the guy on probation after a home invasion that assassinated 4 people in broad daylight?

Anyone still want to stick to "crime rates have nevah been lower"? Because that's how you get chocolate rations that go up.

That's correct.  Know why the thought of Jan 6th scares the shit out of the powers that be?  Because they know that most of the million plus that were protesting on the mall that day .. though unarmed at that time .. are gun owners.  The reason they both mock gun owners with talk of F15s while simultaneously overreact to the US Capitol "self tour" is because an armed resistance scares them
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:49:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Older fat guy has 3 or 4 kids.

Those 100 guns will be gone and lost in tragic boating accidents before the ink is dry on the old man's death certificate
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:53:05 PM EDT
[#19]
OP thanks for giving me a reason to smile today.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 6:59:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

44 is not old.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:02:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Personal attack.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:04:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I prefer to think about how many would use them given a legit target and reasonable chance of avoiding prison.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:15:42 PM EDT
[#23]
God help the world if our country breaks into a hot civil war again. No one will be able to stop the bloodshed due to all the guns here. And it's beautiful!
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#24]
My Dad is a 89 yo farmer, not a gun guy at all. You can call him a Fudd. I doubt he ever heard of the NFA.
He shoots lots of animals, coons, yotes, etc.
He has
2 -bolt 22lr
10/22
Marlin 39A that is mine.
870 Wingmaster 12ga
Double barrel 20ga
Break open 410
410 pump
Colt Woodsman 22lr pistol
Most recent a striker fired 9mm, I think it's a Smith.

This is an old not a gun guy.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:47:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Several years ago someone tried to estimate it using manufacturing, import, and registration numbers. They came up with 750 million to 1 billion firearms.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Several years ago someone tried to estimate it using manufacturing, import, and registration numbers. They came up with 750 million to 1 billion firearms.
I think it moved.

Quoted:
God help the world if our country breaks into a hot civil war again.
Who would be fighting?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 7:49:21 PM EDT
[#26]
I'm doin' my best but I gotta buy food eventually.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Are those F-15 lowers still in production?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Patrick McManus is a great writer on the outdoors and his childhood shenanigans. He had a wonderful article on gunrunning- to clarify, running guns past a wife.

You have to get past that magical hurdle of 4, then the numerical figure no longer mattered as any woman would roll her eyes and cry out about the stupidity of having all those guns.
View Quote
I swear, I must have hit the fucking jackpot, because my wife gets EXCITED when I mention buying another gun.  

God help me if I buy computer shit though, she thinks that is a pointless waste of time... while she sits there and goofs around with her $1000 camera on her $1500 laptop.  
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:05:51 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
sure it does
they'll find their way into the right hands
that's all that matters
View Quote

There's always a need and a place for a good S4.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:07:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Every. One.

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#31]
There were 3 million 1903 Springfield rifles produced before production ended in 1949. The rifle was involved in 23 wars on every continent and in still plentiful in numbers today. And they’re every bit as deadly as the day they were made, still an extremely potent weapon. ‘Merica
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 8:38:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Yep..    I remember that figure of 300 million back in the 90's...

Then think of all the monthly background checks records getting broken for each panic....

Some months have more a million background checks.

Ad that up over 30 years, and it turns into a lot.

Not every background check is for a new firearm, but still ..
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:12:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@M4ger
Nah. It's probably because you do all those thousands of pushups in the same spot. Maybe try doing them in varying parts of the house?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have trouble just fathoming how many are in the safe.

@M4ger

Attachment Attached File

I'm trying to be like Chuck Norris!

He doesn't do pushups.  He pushes the earth down.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

44 is not old.
View Quote

truth
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:14:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Are those F-15 lowers still in production?
View All Quotes

I dunno.  Maybe check with Centurion or GB and see if there are any for sale.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:33:52 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
There were 3 million 1903 Springfield rifles produced before production ended in 1949. The rifle was involved in 23 wars on every continent and in still plentiful in numbers today. And they’re every bit as deadly as the day they were made, still an extremely potent weapon. ‘Merica
View Quote

I thought they quit making the 1903/1903A3 rifle in 1944?
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Older fat guy has 3 or 4 kids.

Those 100 guns will be gone and lost in tragic boating accidents before the ink is dry on the old man's death certificate
View Quote

I don't plan to own more than 4 or 5 at the time of my death.  I will enjoy giving them away to family that will value them.

I have already started, and I am only in my 50's.  They may as well learn how to use them now, rather than at a time when gunshots at a practice session may bring a violent government response.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:52:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah it would be better have one per person. But I think it’s like 1/3 of homes have a firearm. And even if needed that one fat guy with 10 guns could arm his friends and neighbors.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:58:05 PM EDT
[#39]
First World malaise struggling to be relevant.

Nobody presently hanging out at the discount weapons bizarre in Mogadishu, Somalia cares about “the sheer number of guns” in that country.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 9:59:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I would be willing to estimate there are close to 750 million guns in the US.  The 300 million as noted has been thrown around for 30 years or more

Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:23:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

...the flip side to that coin?  A few hundred unarmed "revolutionaries" like this were the most severe threat to our democracy since the Civil War....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why the fuck would you own an ar15?

Take on the government?

You would need f15s there bucko

Right the “insurrection” that they want to put in the same level as Pearl Harbor and 9/11.  LOL. 95% of that crowd (aside from the glowie faggots) owns at least one AR and every fucking one of them left it at home.

I can’t imagine why they are terrified of average Americans. I really can’t.

Motherfucker, you should be asking yourself if nukes are enough.

LOL
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:28:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wiki says ‘49, went by it because I’m the furthest thing from an expert. However I do know they’re badass rifles and they’re everywhere. After my remodel I’m hanging one over my fireplace. Plan on rotating the rifles between the ‘03, the ‘17 Enfield, and an M-1. All the World War winners, and still very capable rifles in the hands of a dedicated American. First one of my grandkids that notices I rotated the rifles gets to keep the one that’s hanging.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M1903_Springfield
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:35:36 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Yeah it would be better have one per person. But I think it’s like 1/3 of homes have a firearm. And even if needed that one fat guy with 10 guns could arm his friends and neighbors.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hopefully, but here in the suburbs I don’t trust anyone besides family and some close friends.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:47:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Even using the low estimate of 100 million gun owners, that number is still 4 times greater than all active military members throughout the entire world.  Even with paramilitary and reserve forces added in, the entire world's militaries don't outnumber American civilian gun owners.  Discount the number of guns themselves, there aren't enough "trained" people in the world to stack up and try to take away the guns from 100 million gun owners.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't own any guns. Like dogs, guns are just part of my family.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:51:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Bill clinton ( shitweasel ), crowed about 300 million guns in citizens hands all the way back in 1994, I’m sure before that, and even then IMHO it was simply a wild ass guess, ( probably low ) as they simply have no clue how many were manufactured , imported, brought home by soldiers, huge variety of nazi weapons imported by the ship load for public sale, massive numbers of other surplus weapons imported, smuggled in by various actors, etc from the dawn of the USA, say, 1492 - 1968 before they really started paying attention. Then from 1968- today they still don’t, as their records suck.  Atf with their highly regulated machine gun registry can’t even tell you how many legal machine guns exist, much less how many regular guns are manufactured each year / were made / imported etc since 1968.

Anyway.. they have been crowing 300 million since at least 1994, and are still saying 300 million today usually, over so, 30 years. Imho it’s realistically probably 500 million easily, possibly 700 million, no one fucking knows.

And daily hundreds / thousands of new guns are sold, hundreds of thousands a year, just endlessly pouring into the gaping bottomless hole that’s American gun lovers create, plus billions of rds of ammo, accessories, magazines, and best of all, most of those guns manufactured a hundred years ago are still operating, working, and sitting in closets, gun racks even today.  USA possesses something like 1/2-3/4 of the guns on planet earth, despite only being 350 million out of 6 billion.

It’s mind boggling. It’s also….

https://i.imgur.com/6kHdrD1.gif
View Quote

I got a most pleasant tingling in my nether-regions reading that.  Think I'll go smoke a cigarette...
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 10:53:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I have a buddy of mine who has just over 450 guns... ive seen them, its alot and most are high end stuff.. no junk. Its impressive.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:00:40 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
The common question from foreigners was

"Smurf10161, you don't own a gun, do you?"

No, absolutely not. I don't own a* gun.
View Quote

Happened to us in Antigua. We got to be friends with a couple from London. We got to talking one night over drinks and the Brit girl says; “are you one of those Americans that owns a gun?”. My wife guffawed and replied; “A GUN, as in just one? No, we don’t own A gun “.

They were really a nice couple and not “anti-gun” at all, just people unfamiliar with the concept of the Armed Responsible Citizen and were genuinely curious. I gave them my contact information and told them next time they were in the greater D.C. area, let us know and we’ll take them shooting.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would be willing to estimate there are close to 750 million guns in the US.  The 300 million as noted has been thrown around for 30 years or more

View Quote

And the count didn't start until '68.
Your 750 mil figure is low.
Link Posted: 1/31/2023 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Top Top