Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/27/2007 4:29:31 PM EDT
I am a hunter through and through. Hunting is what started my love and appreciation of guns.  I have some EBRs and a few other guns not strictly used for hunting. I have been a huge supporter of our 2nd Amendment rights for many years. I spend a lot of time on this forum as well as numerous hunting forums and on none of the hunting forums are gun enthusiast, AR-15 owners and shooters being bashed like the hunters are being bashed here. Do any of you really want to try and work with hunters to help preserve the 2nd Amendment. Do any of you ever go on the strictly hunting forums and post up. I don't believe the majority hunters even know AR-15 owners feel the way you do toward them. There are a lot of hunters that support your right shoot what ever you want. On the forums I only see a few that post up any negative views to the AR-15.

Check it out:
Duck Hunter Refuge

Forum Chat about Giuliani and 2nd

From My Cold Dead Hands

Predator Masters Forum

AR style rifle vs. Other semi-autos

Shotgun World Forum, F&S Editor, Zumbo response

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:32:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know that Ive gathered the same thing you are seeing about hunting here on ar15.com.  Alot of the heat comes from people like zumbo who bash a rifle he doesnt even understand. Alot of guys hunt on here and yes all gun owners are united but when it comes to shooting their mouth off(and Ive seen this at the range) its the old hunter type that talk back about "assault rifles".  

I love hunting and I love guns of all types.  So sorry if you feel this way but I think you will see that there are alot of hunters here who feel the same way that I do
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:40:07 PM EDT
[#2]
People aren't bashing hunting, they are bashing the dipshits that think 'if you don't need it to hunt what do you need it for?'.

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:41:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:51:19 PM EDT
[#5]
We aren't asking anybody to love us or the AR-15.

Calling for them to be banned and comparing us to the Oklahoma City bombers...well, those are fighting words.

Who knows? after the number we did on Zumbo, the Wikipedia may even acknowledge we exist.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:52:07 PM EDT
[#6]
We are not bashing hunters, we are bashing fudds and their ilk. There is a big difference. The majority of hunters are as appalled by the sell out of the fudds as we are, so we stand together on this issue and not apart.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a lifelong hunter/shooter and I felt bashed by Zumbo, not ar15.com.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Predator Masters Forum

One my favorites. Plenty of EBR's on this site too. Great precision shooters and experienced woodsmen. 90% of the time I am either here or there.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:58:05 PM EDT
[#9]
The only hunters being bashed around here are the ones with crap rolling out of their mouths.... it's their right to say what ever, doesn't mean we can't hold them acountable.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:02:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Someone here said it best:

All hunters are not Fudds but all Fudds are hunters.

So far nothing I've seen here and through this shitstorm has disproved this.

I've never seen a "EBR type" even SUGGEST the IDEA of banning a patriuclar class of firearms or suggest "sportsmen" give up their sport.

I'm sorry to say that I've see a LOT of that kind of thinking from the "sporting community".  THEY are the ones that need to understand how serious this is.  Our EBR's get banned and deer rifles and duck guns are next on the chopping block.

Of course many of them would be grateful if "allowed" to keep a 3 round bolt rifle and a break open shotgun.  It would be enough for their "sport".

You CBoone are NOT a Fudd.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:04:56 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm a life long hunter and I've never been bashed here.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:07:48 PM EDT
[#12]
We're suck jerks, we have an entire forum dedicated to bashing hunters.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/forum.html?b=1&f=11

With 2438 threads, filled with bashing!  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 7:09:21 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am a lifelong hunter/shooter and I felt bashed by Zumbo, not ar15.com.

Same here. If these assclowns can't see the whole picture they need to pull their heads out of their asses. All we did & can do is provide a little "guiding light". Obviously Zumbo didn't quite see the "light" we shone on him, tried to duck & run, then his sponsors put the "lights" out............

As a hunter & EBR afflicted person myself I will distance myself as much as possible from the elitest hunters who can't grasp the true meaning of the 2nd Amendment. Your either for the 2nd or against it ..................

THEIR IS NO COMPROMISE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:08:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Who's bashing HUnters?  Only thing I see is Fudds beign trashed, and rightfully so. Damned range-terrorists.

/heh
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:21:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't care if someone's favorite firearm is a cap and ball revolver...and thats all they own.

What I do care about is making lame excuse after excuse for ignorant so called 'supporters of our 2nd.'

They need to be outed and chastised.  With 'friends' such as those, who the heck doesnt think they wouldnt turn your ass in if an outright ban on so called assault weapons occured.

Fuck'em, I don't need so called friends that bad.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:23:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Life long hunter here. That is what got me interested in firearms. Divide and conquer is what are enemies are trying to accomplish. As the man said as the gestapo was taking him to the concentration camp. First they came for the Jews, and I said nothing. This is the strategy of our enemies. The 2nd amendment is not about hunting.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 8:34:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
People aren't bashing hunting, they are bashing the dipshits that think 'if you don't need it to hunt what do you need it for?'.

+1

If you're a Fudd, then you will get bashed. It's as simple as that.

(I hunt, and I'm no fucking fudd)
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:41:44 AM EDT
[#18]
OK, maybe I have this whole FUDD/Hunter thing mixed up. I don't usually run into to many people I would call a Fudd. Every once in a while I will talk to a really old, one foot in the grave, gray haired hunter that could be considered a Fudd, but they are not many and they are almost extinct in these parts.  All of my hunting partners understand how important the 2nd Amendment is, however only a few are as passionate about it as I am.

I would hope that no one will mistakenly consider me a Fudd because I hunt.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#19]

Fudds abound up here. It's one of the reasons why our gun laws in Massachusetts are so messed up. The good ones join the NRA or the Gun Owners' Action League, but most shrug and put up with it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:50:57 AM EDT
[#20]
I have been hunting for my entire life and do not feel bashed here.  Whenever I post pics in the hunting forum I get rave response.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:53:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
OK, maybe I have this whole FUDD/Hunter thing mixed up. I don't usually run into to many people I would call a Fudd. Every once in a while I will talk to a really old, one foot in the grave, gray haired hunter that could be considered a Fudd, but they are not many and they are almost extinct in these parts.  All of my hunting partners understand how important the 2nd Amendment is, however only a few are as passionate about it as I am.

while they may be "almost extinct" in your area. a fair amount of 'hunters" look down upon anything that even resembles a military style firearm.
the question would be how many huinters do you know that own anything other then what gun grabbers would designate as a hunting/sporting gun.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I think it may also depend on where in the country you live.  There are absolutely TONS of hunters that are adament about the 2nd Amendement, and who might even enjoy black rifles (like many of the hunters on this site).

But unfortunately, many of us have personally run into the other kind of hunter - who looks down upon our black rifles, and openly chastises and critisizes us for even owning such evil things - and make no secret of the fact they they don't believe we should be even allowed to own such things (because you can't hunt with them, or don't "need" them), and think they should be illegal.  So I think a lot of us are big supporter of hunting and hunters, but acknoweldge that those particular people are not our allies in any way.
Link Posted: 2/28/2007 5:02:59 AM EDT
[#23]
their is a differance between a hunter and a complete FUDD.

I hunt as well, have since elementary school days and will so long as the gubberment lets me.

I once had a similiar view on the AR, but in the end I grew curious, rather than bash, no I own two Black rifles.

I would have never said that no one should have them though, and they are terrorist rifles. I may have called them rambo guns, but thats just because deep down I really wanted one, i mean who doesnt?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top