Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:18:36 AM EDT
After you've completed AIT, checked in with your unit, and gotten your paperwork sent off about how long does it take to get it?  Also will it come by check or will it be direct deposited?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:21:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Direct deposit, as all your paychecks will be.

You get half upon completeing AIT, and, half upon
completeing your first enlistment successfully.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:23:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Gotta love them bonuses.  I've been paid about $35,000 in bonuses over the past dozen years.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:24:49 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Direct deposit, as all your paychecks will be.

You get half upon completeing AIT, and, half upon

Thanks, but how long after the paperwork is submited by your unit could I expect it?  I'm out of AIT and have checked into my unit BTW.  
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
... and, half upon

morbid question. Does getting killed qualify as successfully completing the first enlistment?
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:25:19 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Gotta love them bonuses.  I've been paid about $35,000 in bonuses over the past dozen years.

Damn!
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:25:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... and, half upon

morbid question. Does getting killed qualify as successfully completing the first enlistment?

Nope, gotta be alive and cross the finish line.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... and, half upon

I assume then the bonus would be conveyed along with the survivor death benefit.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:26:12 AM EDT
[#8]
BT/AIT = May-Sept.

Joined Sept. before, and I got it direct deposited in Dec.  Then, the 3rd year in Sept.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:28:22 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
... and, half upon

I assume then the bonus would be conveyed along with the survivor death benefit.

I wouldn't wish it on anybody but reading the thread did make me wonder. Buddy of mine was killed last year in the sand box.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 8:28:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BT/AIT = May-Sept.

Joined Sept. before, and I got it direct deposited in Dec.  Then, the 3rd year in Sept.

Damn, takes 3 monthes?  Seems the Amry is as slow as the IRS in cutting a check.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:35:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BT/AIT = May-Sept.

Damn, takes 3 monthes?  Seems the Amry is as slow as the IRS in cutting a check.

Are you AD/Reserve/Guard? For National Guard, my soldiers generally see their bonus by next pay period. It is all how fast your DD214 gets processed and take you out of IADT pay status.

Link Posted: 3/6/2006 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#12]
Reenlisted 29 Jan, no bonus in the account yet.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:16:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BT/AIT = May-Sept.

Are you AD/Reserve/Guard? For National Guard, my soldiers generally see their bonus by next pay period. It is all how fast your DD214 gets processed and take you out of IADT pay status.

I'm reserve and when my FSGT started the paperwork I believe I was still in IADT status (IADT = The large pool of SIT's right?)
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 10:21:54 AM EDT
[#14]
Guard here, but my orders were a little screwed up and I went through most of BT/AIT/OSUT as an Active Duty soldier on paper.

And ya, about 3mos for the first one after AIT.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:41:08 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
BT/AIT = May-Sept.

I'm reserve and when my FSGT started the paperwork I believe I was still in IADT status (IADT = The large pool of SIT's right?)

First Sergeant is 1SG btw. IADT is Initial Active Duty Training. Your pay is coded as such and at least with us, first step is to get you out of that status. Then your bonus is paid out. I have turned around a first bonus payment to one of my Pvt's in 10 days. It took some work but hey its a new Private's pay! Always take care of soldiers pay!! I am a Recruiter so sometimes going out of chain is command is not a problem for me.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:44:39 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Reenlisted 29 Jan, no bonus in the account yet.

Thats a shame. When I assist a unit
with a Re-up it requires only the appropriate signatures and fax up
to the bonus group. Next pay date you got your lump sum payment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:46:14 AM EDT
[#17]
When I received my bonus it was paid in this manner:

After successful completion of AIT, got it on the next paycheck.

Annually throughout the term of the enlistment.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 11:50:45 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
When I received my bonus it was paid in this manner:

After successful completion of AIT, got it on the next paycheck.

Annually throughout the term of the enlistment.

These PVTs coming in have a nice bonus. For Guard the bonus
pays out $20k for 10 selected MOSs, and it is paid 50% after MOSQ,
2nd 50% in 3rd year or at end of 3 yr contract. Not bad huh.
Link Posted: 3/6/2006 12:14:20 PM EDT
[#19]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top