Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/25/2002 2:09:31 PM EDT
This is interesting now isn't it...

[i]An Internet investment adviser charged with insider trading was being held without bail on a parole violation Saturday after federal prosecutors in San Diego raised questions about a stock-sales order he placed the day before the September terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon.

Amir "Anthony" Elgindy, 34, of Encinitas, faces charges in New York of allegedly taking part in a stock manipulation and extortion scheme with four other people, including two current and former FBI agents. Prosecutors, however, raised questions during a detention hearing Friday about what he might have known about the deadly attacks.

Assistant U.S. Attorney Ken Breen argued that Elgindy, a native of Egypt who now lives in a $2.2 million home in an upscale beach community north of San Diego, had ordered the sale of $300,000 worth of stock in his children's trust fund on Sept. 10, and at the same time had told a stockbroker that he was expecting an imminent drop of some 3,000 points on the stock market.[/i]

[url]http://www.upi.com/view.cfm?StoryID=25052002-123050-3940r[/url]

Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:18:55 PM EDT
[#1]

Interesting. But not suprising.

An Egyptian stockbroker?

Maybe they should round up the Egyptian Magician too! [:D]

BTW, that reminds me, anyone know what ever happened to that school kid in New York who, in a heated argument in class pointed out the window at the WTC and said "Do you see that, those will be gone next week"? Or was that just an Internet hoax?

Link Posted: 5/25/2002 2:21:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top