Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 10:51:21 AM EDT
I recieved an e-mail purportedly from Earthlink saying that they could not process my CC.  It linked you to a web page that asked for credit card/debit card info, including your PIN for your ATM card.  I e-mailed Earthlink and they said it is a fraudelent site.

If you use Earthlink and get this e-mail, do not reply, but contact Earthlink, as they are trying to get that site shut down.  Hopefully, there will be criminal charges lodged against the owners of that site.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:01:36 AM EDT
... 'tis the season, you know.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:01:56 AM EDT
quit supporting scientology and get off earthlink anyways
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:02:48 AM EDT
I got that email too and contacted Earthlink, sadly though, some people will undoubtedly be duped into it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:30:16 AM EDT
I've received two such e-mails within the past eight weeks.  The first one had a return e-mail address at a yahoo.com domain.

It would be nice if Earthlink had some message board on their webmail page (which is usually how I access my e-mail accounts) to notify users of such scams.  As far as I can tell they do nothing proactive to inform users after they know users are getting these e-mails.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:05:28 PM EDT
Be aware that Earthlink has a $cientology connection of some sort. I have no details, but that's enough to keep me from using 'em.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:47:23 AM EDT
This is nothing new.  Happens wtih Ebay and Paypal also.  As to the scientology connection, the only one I know of is that founder of Earthlink, Sky Dayton, is a scientologist.  This is not heresay.  I used to work at Earthlink.
Top Top