Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/23/2003 10:51:21 AM EDT
I recieved an e-mail purportedly from Earthlink saying that they could not process my CC.  It linked you to a web page that asked for credit card/debit card info, including your PIN for your ATM card.  I e-mailed Earthlink and they said it is a fraudelent site.

If you use Earthlink and get this e-mail, do not reply, but contact Earthlink, as they are trying to get that site shut down.  Hopefully, there will be criminal charges lodged against the owners of that site.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:01:36 AM EDT
[#1]
... 'tis the season, you know.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:01:56 AM EDT
[#2]
quit supporting scientology and get off earthlink anyways
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I got that email too and contacted Earthlink, sadly though, some people will undoubtedly be duped into it.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 11:30:16 AM EDT
[#4]
I've received two such e-mails within the past eight weeks.  The first one had a return e-mail address at a yahoo.com domain.

It would be nice if Earthlink had some message board on their webmail page (which is usually how I access my e-mail accounts) to notify users of such scams.  As far as I can tell they do nothing proactive to inform users after they know users are getting these e-mails.
Link Posted: 12/23/2003 8:05:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Be aware that Earthlink has a $cientology connection of some sort. I have no details, but that's enough to keep me from using 'em.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 8:47:23 AM EDT
[#6]
This is nothing new.  Happens wtih Ebay and Paypal also.  As to the scientology connection, the only one I know of is that founder of Earthlink, Sky Dayton, is a scientologist.  This is not heresay.  I used to work at Earthlink.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top