Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/26/2003 1:34:57 AM EDT
I AM COMING DOWN WITH ANOTHER GODDAMN COLD. THIS HAS TO BE THE 8TH ONE IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU INFECTED PEOPLE STAY HOME FROM WORK INSTEAD OF SPREADING YOUR PLAGUES AROUND TO THE INNOCENT. THE NEXT DICKWAD AT THE STORE OR RESTAURANT I SEE COUGHING, SNEEZING, OR WIPING THEIR NOSE ON THEIR SLEEVE, I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO THE MANAGER AND DEMAND THAT THE INCONSIDERATE BASTARD BE SENT HOME. SHIT!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:37:36 AM EDT
[#1]

You should become a recluse like me..  I never get sick..  [:)]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:40:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I AM COMING DOWN WITH ANOTHER GODDAMN COLD. THIS HAS TO BE THE 8TH ONE IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS. WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU INFECTED PEOPLE STAY HOME FROM WORK INSTEAD OF SPREADING YOUR PLAGUES AROUND TO THE INNOCENT. THE NEXT DICKWAD AT THE STORE OR RESTAURANT I SEE COUGHING, SNEEZING, OR WIPING THEIR NOSE ON THEIR SLEEVE, I AM GOING TO COMPLAIN TO THE MANAGER AND DEMAND THAT THE INCONSIDERATE BASTARD BE SENT HOME. SHIT!
View Quote

I don't even want to think about what my boss would do to me if I called in sick b/c I had a cold.  I'm scared to call off sick when I can barely walk!  Maybe if you had a better imune system, Imboglio, you wouldn't have to worry about catching colds all the time [;)]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:42:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Where are you getting money to go to a store or restaurant anyhow?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
BECAUSE THE AHOLES THAT GET SICK AND KNOWLINGLY COME TO WORK EITHER NEVER HEARD OF SICK LEAVE OR THEY ARE ILLEGAL WORKERS WHO DON'T HAVE SUCH BENEFITS.  PROBABLY THE LATTER.

THE SICK LEAVE BENEFITS ARE PUT IN PLACE FOR A REASON, USE IT!!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:42:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Dude, I hardly ever go out anywhere except when there is free stuff or when I have to do a salvage operation at the fountain. That is maybe 2 or 3 times a week. I wash my hands constantly, stay at least 5 feet away from others, and even try to avoid eye contact, but I am still getting infected by these domestic terrorists. I mean shit, getting a cold when it is 95 degrees outside?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:43:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Wash your hands more.  That's how colds spread.

I had a cold a few weeks ago,  Strange, because it was the first cold I've had in like 2 years.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:50:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I AM COMING DOWN WITH ANOTHER GODDAMN COLD. THIS HAS TO BE THE 8TH ONE IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS. WHY THE FUCK...
View Quote

Originally Posted By [b]Imborglio[/b]:
[b][blue]"The degree to how severe your sickness becomes is in direct proportion to how mean you have been to others."[/blue][/b]

Posted - 05/19/2003 :  15:08:29
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=187153[/url]

Instant karma or poetic justice?

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:51:07 AM EDT
[#8]
The free stuff is always contaminated.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#9]

[b]and even try to avoid eye contact, [/b]

LMAO...  

Maybe your immune system is lacking.

I take vitamins daily and I think it helps.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:52:06 AM EDT
[#10]
You sure it's not from kissing wimmins of questionable character? [kiss] [nono]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I AM COMING DOWN WITH ANOTHER GODDAMN COLD. THIS HAS TO BE THE 8TH ONE IN LESS THAN 6 MONTHS. WHY THE FUCK...
View Quote

[b][blue]"The degree to how severe your sickness becomes is in direct proportion to how mean you have been to others."[/blue][/b]

View Quote

Ya it applies to hostile feds, state doj, mjtf, agent provocateurs, neo-cons, and commies, which I am none of.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:57:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Clearly you need to use your AR to nail the cold viruses before they come int ocontact with your proboscis.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:59:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
BECAUSE THE AHOLES THAT GET SICK AND KNOWLINGLY COME TO WORK EITHER NEVER HEARD OF SICK LEAVE OR THEY ARE ILLEGAL WORKERS WHO DON'T HAVE SUCH BENEFITS.  PROBABLY THE LATTER.

View Quote

Either that, or they work at Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart has pretty fucked up policies.  If you call out sick, even if you have sick time to cover the time you're missing from work, you automatically do NOT get paid for the full first day you are out on sick leave.  So if you call out one day, you may as well go ahead and call out a second day, because either way you're going to get docked one full day's pay and only be able to cover the second day with your sick time.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:10:08 AM EDT
[#14]
It's because of all 'dem hoes you been runnin'with.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:15:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Either that, or they work at Wal-Mart.  Wal-Mart has pretty fucked up policies.  If you call out sick, even if you have sick time to cover the time you're missing from work, you automatically do NOT get paid for the full first day you are out on sick leave.  So if you call out one day, you may as well go ahead and call out a second day, because either way you're going to get docked one full day's pay and only be able to cover the second day with your sick time.
View Quote

If you presented a doc's note would you still lose a day?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:22:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Is it not our own responsability too protect ourselves or maybe we should pass another law to protect us from ourselves???
This time of year most of the coughing is caused by polin in the air!!!
BIG
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:23:05 AM EDT
[#17]
The Government has been secretly injecting you with something.

You probably dont have much longer.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:34:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Yup.  You lose a day regardless.  It's one of the most screwed up policies I've ever heard of.  They say it's to prevent people from abusing their sick time benefits, but they're just encouraging people to take 2 days off instead of one because they get paid the same either way as long as you have sick time to cover that second day.  I won't even get started on how much it sucks to work in a dirty warehouse with a sinus infection because you'll lose a full day's pay if you call out sick.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:39:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Hmmm. You don't say? Besides the above, do you have any [b]strong[/b] feelings about colds?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:05:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:05:49 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

View Quote

Yup.  You lose a day regardless.  It's one of the most screwed up policies I've ever heard of.  They say it's to prevent people from abusing their sick time benefits, but they're just encouraging people to take 2 days off instead of one because they get paid the same either way as long as you have sick time to cover that second day.  I won't even get started on how much it sucks to work in a dirty warehouse with a sinus infection because you'll lose a full day's pay if you call out sick.
View Quote

That is pretty fcked up!  
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 3:23:43 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:52:48 AM EDT
[#23]
How bout you grow a fricken immune system while I call the waaambulance.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:57:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Wash your hands more often and longer. Really works. Take Vitamins???
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:19:52 AM EDT
[#25]
I used to think I had Colds allot and it turned out to be Allergies.

Get Better Soon.

MM419
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:29:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Speaking of immune, how long have you had this immune defeciency? And how did you aquire this syndrome? [;)]
View Quote

My brother told me that his wife, who is [b]always[/b] sick, basically has no immune system.
Imbroglio, [b]if[/b] you are sick, constant stress, i.e. worrying about the feds and the conspiracy, is a hell of a drain.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 5:48:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Get better soon bro.

Just don't post any pics of what you happen to cough/yack/snort up. [;)]

Eric
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:12:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Sounds like your immune system is deficient, you might want to get it checked, that's too many too frequently.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:40:22 AM EDT
[#29]
your immune system is out of balance...

sounds like you need some cheese to balance out all that whine [:P]

oh, and make sure you're taking vitamin C.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Wash your hands more often and longer. Really works. Take Vitamins???
View Quote

Ditto. The number one cause for colds is not washing your hands often enough.

In other words, stop playing with your pee pee and making a ham salad sandwich.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 6:52:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Maybe you have a brain tumor.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:00:31 AM EDT
[#32]
Sorry Imbro,  I know of alot of little girls like you that get sick alot.

BTW, a cold is not a reason to call in sick.  And most often a person in carring the bug before they even know it.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:10:06 AM EDT
[#33]
it is also my observation that too many fuck!n idiots dont practice good hygine.

go potty?  WASH YOUR FREAKIN HANDS!
gotta sneeze?  COVER YOUR MOUTH, then wash your hands and/or use kleenex.
gotta cough?  COVER YOUR MOUTH (^^)

AND FOR PETE'S SAKE... TEACH YOUR CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:18:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You should become a recluse like me..  I never get sick..  [:)]
View Quote

Ain't it the truth?

Stay away from shopping malls, schools, and especially AIRPORTS.  Never touch the door handles in public restrooms.  That character Jack Nichlolson plays in [i]As Good As It Gets[/i] had the right idea but took it a little too far.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:35:58 AM EDT
[#35]
SARS, definitely must be SARS.
(JK Imbro, hope you get better soon)
--LS
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:38:39 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe you have a brain tumor.
View Quote

[i]... It's [u]NOT[/u] a tuma![/i]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 7:40:26 AM EDT
[#37]
who here thinks imbroglio is/was Paul?  ETH?  Sweep?  This guy sounds like Paul on a bad day.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
Ya it applies to hostile feds, state doj, mjtf, agent provocateurs, neo-cons, and commies, which I am none of.
View Quote
You're obviously not immune to everyday childhood illnesses or bizarre xenophilic STDs, what makes you think you're immune to karma?

And what? No pictures this time???

[b][Grammar Fed]

And don't end a sentence with a preposition. [stick]
Consider this a warning.

[/Grammar Fed][/b]

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:04:30 AM EDT
[#39]
You need a new BDU...

[img]http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/300000/images/_302485_gas-masks-150.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:06:58 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU INFECTED PEOPLE STAY HOME FROM WORK INSTEAD OF SPREADING YOUR PLAGUES AROUND TO THE INNOCENT.
View Quote

[size=4][green]Typical Imbroglio blaming the rest of the world for his own weak immune system, typical Imbroglio , LOL [/green][/size=4]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:42:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:46:46 AM EDT
[#42]
Order some Wan Ton SARS from your local restaurant..
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 9:11:15 AM EDT
[#43]
Shit!

Where I work the benefits are real good except the sick leave deal,my employer has that all locked up.

We get 30 days a year,but you can't start collecting until AFTER the 3rd day off of scheduled days.

Who the hell gets sick for 3-4 days?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 11:55:27 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU INFECTED PEOPLE STAY HOME FROM WORK INSTEAD OF SPREADING YOUR PLAGUES AROUND TO THE INNOCENT.
View Quote

You think it is time to realize that you are the carrier?
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:28:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 12:54:31 PM EDT
[#46]
Get some alcohol gel hand sanitizer.  That's what they're using in the hospitals now instead of constantly washing hands.  

I suggest becoming a Republican, we tend to be the healthier lot.  But if not, use clean needles when injecting heroin, and condoms with your umm, whatever, 'cause Hilary and her universal health plan 'aint comin in '04.    

[edited because I may have been just a bit over the line, meant in good fun of course.]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 1:24:51 PM EDT
[#47]
I understand I just got sick and haven't been in a year it is a bad one too!

look for my post about gargoling with vodka.
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:08:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Imb, clean out your mail box...

Dr Gwen here (not a real doctor, nor do I play one on tv).

You may have allergies or a lingering sinus infection. Either may be helped by taking good care of your nose :)

Get a bottle of Ocean Spray brand saline solution  (or similar) and clean your nostrils out by dropping saline solution down your nose .

Do not spray it in your nose...let the drops drip every 2-3 seconds. It will be a revolting experience. Keep your head up...drink lots of hot tea every few minutes...the built up mucous will make you gag. No kidding...

See your doctor...if you suspect sinus infection.

and ask people to Please cover your cough!

Gwen in L.A.

Link Posted: 5/26/2003 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 8:49:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Sick Leave? What's sick leave?  Just spent 6+ years working for a private contractor at a federal agency.  You're out sick, you lose a days pay, and the boss is pissed because he had to get someone in to cover for you.

All of which is why I'm thrilled to be going back to work for the State of Georgia, where you accrue 10 hours sick leave for every month worked, and they actually have a medical plan worthy of being called a medical plan.  Never took more than 2 or 3 days a year when I was with the state before; and ended up losing almost three months of sick leave when I left.[;D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top