Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2009 11:23:09 PM EDT
Ok so i got lots of crap to sell so i can buy some stuff for my new AR. Now my friend told me that you can only sell a couple things per month, if you sell over the limit you have to create a store, and basically make a business and you have to fill out legal papers for taxes and such and sounds like a huge pain in the ass.

So do any of you sell on ebay, if you do what is the limit of what i can sell without having to create a store.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:22:38 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm not sure of the specific number, but i'd bet it's a lot more than you'll be selling as an individual.  it takes so long and costs so much to sell shit on ebay, i rarely even do it.  also, i've never heard of such a limit.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:25:42 AM EDT
[#2]
No limit as far as I know for awhile I was making 3,000 a month plus on Ebay and I never had a "business".
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:28:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Bullshit.

Make decent pictures, start with a low starting price and use an external picture host app ( Photobucket works wonders )
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:34:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I've probably sold 20,000+ items on ebay. There is no requirement to have a store and they have no legal papers to fill out. You just sign up and they bill your credit card once a month for the listing fees and commisions. It's a good way to get rid of pretty much anything, like a garage sale that runs 24/7 and can be accessed by pretty much anyone in the world. If you don't accept paypal payments then plan on losing out on alot of sales because most buyers there want to pay immediately and get their stuff right away. i agree with the other posters in this thread, pics are a must. Good luck.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:36:30 AM EDT
[#5]
I got 10 or so things right now and I'm not a store.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
i did however sell a broken camera for like $200 one time to some guy in Utah that collects broken cameras, go figure
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:06:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Sell as much as you want, no store needed.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 6:11:33 AM EDT
[#8]
Does anyone know if Ebay reports sales to the IRS if if they are over a certain amount?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top