Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 9:26:59 AM EDT
My MOM of all people! She's more of what I would consider a conservative liberal, although she has leanings...she's a democrat afterall. Always has been always will be, but ya' gotta love Mom. Hell, she created me! Cant be all bad.

Anyway, my wife was talking to my Mom the other day, and she expressed an interest in being taught how to handle and fire a handgun. She knows I posess "The Arsenal of Freedom" such as it is, here in occupied territoy.

My wife's guess is that she is coming to the realization that my Pop is'nt going to be around forever, and the fact that she will probably outlive him and be alone in the house is a little scary for her. She's really a creampuff, and physical strength is not one of her strong points. So, I think her thought process led her to The Ggreat Equalizer, in some shape or fashion. I know from experience that a handgun is NOT the best choice for the unexperienced, so I would inevitably point her towards a decent shotgun if she were ever to decide to get a house gun. I have to admit though, it warms my heart to think that the woman who wouldnt let me watch Batman as a kid because it was too violent, and who occasionally asked, "what happened to you?" when she questioned my VERY pro 2nd opinions is now seeing the light.

Maybe the heat of a 12Ga or a decent revolver in her hands will convince her to sign the Kali RKBA petition.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#2]
If I may be so bold to suggest you try a Remmy 20 Gauge, JR model.

Mrs. Goon loves hers.

I got it for like 300 bucks from Wally World.

#3 Buck is as big as you can go, but, that should get the job done.

Somthing is better than nothing.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Use this opportunity to teach her about the firearms laws the leftists have passed in the PRK.  Make her go thru the 10 day wait and the background check and the test and the trigger lock requirement and the safe storage requirements and whatever else the asshole fascist scumbag demoncraps have forced on us poor subjects.  
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 9:47:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Use this opportunity to teach her about the firearms laws the leftists have passed in the PRK.  Make her go thru the 10 day wait and the background check and the test and the trigger lock requirement and the safe storage requirements and whatever else the asshole fascist scumbag demoncraps have forced on us poor subjects.  

I TOTALLY agree. Once the uneducated are subjected to the complete stupidity of CA gun laws and idiotic requirements, their views gtenerally change.

I like the way someone put it on another board: "The liberal politicians think so strongly that gun control works, that THEY are the ones who have CCW permits." Go figure.

I might have a "weapons familiarizaion day" for Mom. Maybe even intro her to the ol' mousegun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top