Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2005 8:22:08 AM EDT
If you are in the market for a good duty watch, I have had a great run with my Nike Triax.  It has a large oversize face with an "inverse" digital display (light numbers on black face) which makes it GREAT in bright sunlight when you are taking that accident rept.  I am not blind, but the number size is great for a quick peek at the time, day or date without putting the damned thing in your eyeball.

The entire face "glows" green with the press of a button at night without an annoying white light.  The face is offset about 35 degrees so it it easy to glance at (even with your hand on the wheel) and the crystal can get scratched to hell and buff out nicely.  Waterproof, light and easy on batteries makes this my first choice for a bombproof watch.  $85 or so.

<Sales mode off>

NorCal

35 lap memory  
Nike Electrolite : One-touch backlighting  
S-shape design : Curves around the wrist bone for improved comfort and fit  
Larger angled digital display : Instant error-free read  
Pre-curved polyurethane strap : Superior in fit and durability to standard PVC straps  
Mineral glass crystal : Scratch-resistant  
Stainless steel buckle and back plate : Enhanced durability  
Water resistant to 100 meters  
Functions : Full chronograph, five segment countdown repeat time, seven alarms, date display, data recall, two time zones  
Face Diameter : 44mm (1.7")

Face Depth : 15mm (0.6")

Nike Model Number : WR0032

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 8:33:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, I am tired of breaking the 10 dollar watches I pick up for work.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 2:16:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is what I have. It's the best watch I have ever owned. Deeper set face to reduce scratches. Never needs to be set or have the battery changed...

http://i.walmart.com/i/p/00/07/97/67/80/0007976780257_215X215.jpg
www.walmart.com/catalog/product.gsp?product_id=3163992

Casio Men's Atomic Solar G-Shock Resin Watch

$82.91

IN STOCK

The toughest watch in the world is now the smartest watch in the world. Casio's Atomic Solar G-Shock is powered by a life-long cell battery and sets the time itself using a receiver inside that picks up a radio frequency from the U.S. Government's precise atomic clock in Fort Collins, CO. Shock resistant and water resistant to 200 meters.

Model No. GW500A-1V
Product Information
Band Type: Resin band
Display: Digital
Water Resistance: 200 meters (660 feet)
Atomic Timekeeping: Yes
Solar Powered: Yes
Back light: EL (electro luminescent)
Shock Resistant: Yes
Stopwatch: Yes
Alarms: 5
Time Zones: Yes